Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 Hours of Sebring WIN for Porsche! Ok, now back to important stuff like CCX options

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 12:27 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Porsche for the win!!
great racing, great day and what a brutal reacetrack.
Really defines endurance racing and as a Floridian (originally from NY though LOL) proud of what it means on the world stage of racing.
Was there with my son (12 yo). Unfortunately we couldn’t last until the end but watched live back home. Next time would love to formally meet some of the Rennlisters.
Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:27 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^agreed would have been fun to have had a RL meet up , PCA tent a little weak they had 2 maybe 50" video monitors in the tent for 100+ members, key location though at track out of T 17 , Big shout out to Peter and the part masters at Suncoast Porsche put out a Really Great BBQ Dinner. Ingra hosting
her always present hospitality at the Chateau , and Howard fellow racer with welcome mat out as always in the Andretti Suite overlooking T-7 , met up with
Nasa pres., fellow track mates , old and new PCA pals and Manafacture Reps all under the sun and the passing of the unmistakably best sounding car on the track the RSR !
Old 03-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by RRDnA
Perhaps you should try it with yours - lol
No way my friend! I'm down 20hp and have those stock floppy .1RS springs compared to the new .2RS. Plus the main problem is my air vents aren't painted to match my Salmon exterior color. Clearly would need a .2RS with painted air vents and colored deviated stitching to keep up.

Pissed Puppy: Thanks my friend.
Goin2dirt: Actually sofa's may be a good strategy. Very comfy for the long haul. Can do at least 3 stints in a row in those babys. Just velcro me to the seat and I'm good.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Just in time
Damn, I missed going to Sebring for the first time in a decade, only to be one of those years! Did see a whole lot of the coverage. Interesting to see that the powers that be allowed Porsche a few more liters of fuel (actually two) after they had taken three away at Daytona. Tandy drove beautifully. Had his bumper stuck to the Ferrari for a while until overtaking. The P cars were not the fastest at all, but came up big. The BMW though seems to be a torque monster. Watch it on short races. The GTD P cars continue to be a disappointment. The GTD P cars do not seem to be competitive in their current state, I assume Porsche must must be working on more favorable adjustments.

Would it be heresy to say that I would not be surprised to see some architectural changes in the future?
CJ can elaborate more on the shortcomings of the GT3 R in a pro am class. It's a combination of narrow setup window and somewhat unfavorable BOP.

But in an endurance race anything can happen.

For those on the fence I highly recommend attending an IMSA race this year, as the series is definitely on the upswing. The best events are the endurance races, of course. The entire race broadcast with Radio Le Mans commentary and without commercials will be on YouTube this week on the official IMSA channel (as they do with every race).
Old 03-18-2018, 02:33 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I watched the whole thing on the live stream ! Good fun. But it was a very very late nighter for me as I'm in Europe :-)
Old 03-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Will definitely catch the race when they come to Laguna.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:54 PM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Watched the entire Race on imsa.com
Yes BMW were quick, due to rule changes post Daytona but eating tires so their cars are out of sorts, I guess. Loads of midrange torque.
Whereas the 911 was consistent, so it appeared.
Unfortunately I was not in T17 this year.
Hoping next year to attend and a RL Group meet up would be awesome!

Additionally WEC is scheduled for an appearance in 2019!!
Should be an awesome andlooking forward to attennding the 2019 12 Hours of Sebring!!
Awesome Pass for the Win.
Congrats to the 911 for Winning Sebring.
TJ
Old 03-19-2018, 02:59 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was there for Friday and Saturday. I have to say 14 yellows (i think) was a little overkill for a professional race haha. Either way, MAJOR credit to those boys running the P-cars, they overdrove them past the limits and somehow kept them on the track to get P1 and P3. Very impressive. If I said there's one driver to watch...keep an eye on Trent Hindman that was running the #86 NSX. That kid has got major potential. Also if I was to sum up the entire race in one quick video...haha

Old 04-10-2018, 08:17 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Turn up the volume

Old 04-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

NICE!! Thanks
Old 04-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Long Beach this weekend; always a gamble on traffic, safety cars, etc.

Only noteworthy GTLM BOP change was knocking the BMW boost pressures back a bit.

Quick Reply: 12 Hours of Sebring WIN for Porsche! Ok, now back to important stuff like CCX options