Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 gt3 rs hard crash on Nurburgring onboard

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 09:37 PM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

It wasn’t oil but engine cooling liquid (mocool) and when you arrive on it, it is comparable to the ice.
ice on trofeo r at 180km/+ is a bit hard to keep control
Old 03-15-2018, 09:44 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw

Just saw the oil.

Agreed.

that's better. you guys blaming the driver "trying to pass" are clueless.

giant white cloud and pile of cars in front usually means blown motor or blown cooling system and no traction.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by handful
That was brutal! Things went wrong so quickly!!
thats how it usually go.

Originally Posted by SEB74
It wasn’t oil but engine cooling liquid (mocool) and when you arrive on it, it is comparable to the ice.
ice on trofeo r at 180km/+ is a bit hard to keep control
same disaster.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:48 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

I don't think that the 2nd video posted by trakcar is of the same accident. The one he posted is different and was posted month ago on here.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:51 PM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
I don't think that the 2nd video posted by trakcar is of the same accident. The one he posted is different and was posted month ago on here.
yes it is the same just pov view for one and exterior for the other
Old 03-15-2018, 10:42 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Saw this video a few weeks ago...terrible
Old 03-15-2018, 11:08 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

I will be a first-timer on the Ring and driving on a track for that matter during Touristfahrten in April and seeing stuff like this keeps me humble and extraordinarily careful when I drive next month
Never driven on a track doing it for the first time on the ring? Jayzus, you are nuts!

Man, I've got 8 years of tracking experience and now wheel to wheel racing, and I'm STILL not sure if I want to take on the ring! LOL
Old 03-16-2018, 12:06 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

I posted this here when it happened last fall, as it was (incorrectly) reported to have been the 991RS that spilled the coolant...

https://www.bridgetogantry.com/freak...rfect-weekend/

@SEB74 - I believe in that thread you said it was caused by a 997 GT3?

Old 03-16-2018, 12:18 AM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

What is the strategy for tire warming on the Ring. Do you get a warm up lap or are guys going full out on the first lap. Not that it would have made a difference with oil or coolant on the track, just curious.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:57 AM
getoffmylawn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What has been going on at the ring is surprisingly reckless specifically on TF days. I can't believe they open this track to the public with no inspection of your vehicle, no proof of experience or driving skill, no instructions and no helmet required. I have been a few times and as an experienced HPDE driver in America, the rules and amount of danger is shocking. I don't know how this place is not incurring mass law suits, more self-responsible society I guess. I tell you social media is partly ruining it too as it is attracting more inexperienced drivers to show up, have no guidance and behave poorly. As for this video more proof the rules and culture for Touristenfahrten is faulted. Not enough flaggers at each turn, no warning lights, everyone is stopping on a live track getting out of the car and trying to help. Its part of the rules and it is causing chaos. I just want this place to stay alive. Confusing because the rest of Germany's entire driving infrastructure and driver discipline is the best in the world. If your serious about driving the Nurburgring, want to compete for lap times and want more proper etiquette rented track days is the way to go. Otherwise TF should be for a reduced and leisure experience... Been a fan of your channel Seb, glad your ok. Cant wait to see more content in your GT2 RS !
Old 03-16-2018, 01:02 AM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,449 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

What are you talking about?!
He lifted because he saw a huge pile up and a Lambo out of control..

they em guy is an experienced driver!

Yes, which caused him to hit the slower car!

He could have made the pass, got it straight and then hard on brakes.Left side of track had a lot of room to use up all of it straight line.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:29 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by getoffmylawn
What has been going on at the ring is surprisingly reckless specifically on TF days. I can't believe they open this track to the public with no inspection of your vehicle, no proof of experience or driving skill, no instructions and no helmet required. I have been a few times and as an experienced HPDE driver in America, the rules and amount of danger is shocking. I don't know how this place is not incurring mass law suits, more self-responsible society I guess. I tell you social media is partly ruining it too as it is attracting more inexperienced drivers to show up, have no guidance and behave poorly. As for this video more proof the rules and culture for Touristenfahrten is faulted. Not enough flaggers at each turn, no warning lights, everyone is stopping on a live track getting out of the car and trying to help. Its part of the rules and it is causing chaos. I just want this place to stay alive. Confusing because the rest of Germany's entire driving infrastructure and driver discipline is the best in the world. If your serious about driving the Nurburgring, want to compete for lap times and want more proper etiquette rented track days is the way to go. Otherwise TF should be for a reduced and leisure experience... Been a fan of your channel Seb, glad your ok. Cant wait to see more content in your GT2 RS !
1) German traffic rules apply when driving the ring during TF
2) Not everybody is as sue happy as the US.
3) Having a DL in Germany requires that one stops for an accident to render aid. That is part of the reason cars in Germany are OEM equipped with a first aid kit.

Originally Posted by 996AE
Yes, which caused him to hit the slower car!

He could have made the pass, got it straight and then hard on brakes.Left side of track had a lot of room to use up all of it straight line.
Did you not see the Lambo slide at 4:22? And then you make that suggestion. SMH
Old 03-16-2018, 01:41 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by getoffmylawn
In Germany there are plenty track events where you can t place your driving foot unless you are compliant with a b c d ...z

but somewhere in a Free Society you must have to have to choose how to live (or die...)
as long as you are informed

my instructor led me to the point that i won t never drive in an open public track
wherever

what you are talking about instead of freedom of choice is a kind of Stalinism mixed with Mary "poppinism" society
(with the excuse to "protect" you i impose MY rules )

Last edited by fxz; 03-16-2018 at 04:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:58 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Mary poppinisium that's a good one
Old 03-16-2018, 03:14 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just glad you're safe. Scary stuff.

Quick Reply: 991 gt3 rs hard crash on Nurburgring onboard