Sponsored by:

991 GT3 VS 991.2 GT3 vs Huracan

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Howydo
Definitely faster than the 991.1 Gt3 by a lot more than 25hp and 13lb Tq.
Originally Posted by robmypro
It is 25 HP / 15 lbs. torque difference. There's no magic. Matt and others are showing 40whp gains or more with headers and a tune. I like my chances.
Peak numbers are interesting, but its more about area under the curve. A peak number is reached once in the entire rev range, which is a small slice of time as the speedo marches upwards.

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
Peek power is not at 9k, but lower to mid 8's, so going to 9 wouldn't make much difference maybe even slower(talking a minute difference). Always nice to keep it in the power range.
You need to drop down to the next gear in the right rev range also, so it can pay to exceed the revs past peak power so that you drop into the next gear in the right band.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:25 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

For the life of me, I can’t fathom why some are persisting that the .1GT3 can match a .2GT3...it can’t. I ran vs a .2GT3 at Road Atlanta 3 weeks ago (Int. Advanced group) and on the back straight, the .2GT3 pulled on me to the tune of about 3 car lengths before the heavy braking zone (T-10a). That 4.0l 500HP motor is no joke. Get over it, stock for stock, the .2 GT3 beats a .1 GT3, no question. The low-end torque advantage is readily apparent and it doesn’t stop pulling...more and more videos will confirm this.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:37 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
For the life of me, I can’t fathom why some are persisting that the .1GT3 can match a .2GT3...it can’t. I ran vs a .2GT3 at Road Atlanta 3 weeks ago (Int. Advanced group) and on the back straight, the .2GT3 pulled on me to the tune of about 3 car lengths before the heavy braking zone (T-10a). That 4.0l 500HP motor is no joke. Get over it, stock for stock, the .2 GT3 beats a .1 GT3, no question. The low-end torque advantage is readily apparent and it doesn’t stop pulling...more and more videos will confirm this.
But no! The tires!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:37 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Relax man not all of us here have had the opportunity to run our cars against the updated version. There is no doubt .2 will be faster, however we are trying to figure how much faster on the street. The discussion is about the video originally posted as it seemed the .2 driver jumped all the races.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:52 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Dyno. Buy them. Dyno again. Record race vs stock .2. Then we’ll believe you
I like this recommendation
Old 03-13-2018, 11:55 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you for your pure and honest remarks in response to the whole .1 vs .2 discussion. Makes me wish my new GT3 with this awesome 4.0 could get here quicker but the whole GT production delay in Germany is messing a lot of people up........
Old 03-14-2018, 12:09 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I am so over the straight line performance of cars. Was obsessed with it a while back, but no more. Can care less about bragging rights as there is always something more powerful or better.

Never felt my late .1 GT3 lacked power. As a matter of fact, I thought it was already way to fast for me at the track. I moved to the .2 for the MT and the new 4.0 engine. At this point, would like to think about and invest on my driving skills than how fast the car can go in a straight line. I'd rather improve as a driver than obsess wether "my car can pull 3 cars lengths on yours."
Old 03-14-2018, 12:21 AM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Psup4s
Relax man not all of us here have had the opportunity to run our cars against the updated version. There is no doubt .2 will be faster, however we are trying to figure how much faster on the street. The discussion is about the video originally posted as it seemed the .2 driver jumped all the races.
Here’s my take, our .1GT3 is still an amazing car! The only cars I gave point-byes to where one C7 ‘vette on slicks (650HP), a well driven GT4 Clubsport, the .2GT3 and a 997 Cup (during the infamous Chin ‘Happy Hour’). My point is simply that the .1GT3 has nothing to be apologetic for, it rocks, but the .2GT3 is faster. Plain and simple. For the record, if you think adjusting for the ‘jump’ in the video would have made a lick of difference in the eventual outcome of the race between the .1 vs .2 then you were watching a different video!
Old 03-14-2018, 12:34 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Yeah just another data point. Nothing conclusive yet. If i can get the guys to do the drags we can get a lot more data.
You may be surprised Rob that at Bandimere, a new 2017 GTS would beat you both
Old 03-14-2018, 12:34 AM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gago1101
I am so over the straight line performance of cars. Was obsessed with it a while back, but no more. Can care less about bragging rights as there is always something more powerful or better.

Never felt my late .1 GT3 lacked power. As a matter of fact, I thought it was already way to fast for me at the track. I moved to the .2 for the MT and the new 4.0 engine. At this point, would like to think about and invest on my driving skills than how fast the car can go in a straight line. I'd rather improve as a driver than obsess wether "my car can pull 3 cars lengths on yours."
I mean, I'm w you, don't OBSESS over it, but my guess is if I pull up next to you at a stop light and rev my engine, you aren't going to start bragging about lap times and g-forces...
Old 03-14-2018, 12:35 AM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101

They are all great cars..The back straight is not really what I would call "straight line". Its on the the "straight" of tracks which is where all time is made up, in large part because of exit speed in addition to HP. WOW I can't wait to get her out on the track. VIR/Road Atlanta coming up in early April Man this winter is sooooo long.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ranger22
But no! The tires!
No need to be snarky Ranger. Everyone on this forum knows the importance of tires. Give the .1 Hoosiers and the .2 snow tires and let's see that 0-60 blast. Maybe you are harping at the band wagoners, but my point about the tires is very relevant to the standing start runs they did. The guy even says "the black one spins the tires more". With less torque....there is no other explanation.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:46 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 8enny8lack
I mean, I'm w you, don't OBSESS over it, but my guess is if I pull up next to you at a stop light and rev my engine, you aren't going to start bragging about lap times and g-forces...
LOL, pull up and rev your engine as much as you want, but I will never race you at the stop light. I recommend you do not either, seriously! Go to the track and get it out of your system.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:47 AM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
You may be surprised Rob that at Bandimere, a new 2017 GTS would beat you both
So true... don't mess with Forced induction at altitude.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:02 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Here’s my take, our .1GT3 is still an amazing car! The only cars I gave point-byes to where one C7 ‘vette on slicks (650HP), a well driven GT4 Clubsport, the .2GT3 and a 997 Cup (during the infamous Chin ‘Happy Hour’). My point is simply that the .1GT3 has nothing to be apologetic for, it rocks, but the .2GT3 is faster. Plain and simple. For the record, if you think adjusting for the ‘jump’ in the video would have made a lick of difference in the eventual outcome of the race between the .1 vs .2 then you were watching a different video!
As I mentioned before, I agree the .2 is faster. I'm personally surprised with how much faster the .2 seemed to be in this particular video. .2gt3 is still a new car and we are all waiting for feedback and comparisons. I can't wait to run .2s and experience it myself. I'm also ok with my car being slower, I knew that even before I bought it and I still think is the best car for the price.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 VS 991.2 GT3 vs Huracan