Sponsored by:

PCNA to delay GT3 Production?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,163 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
I was confirmed with PCNA for european delivery (Alexander Folz) on February 16th for my delivery date of 5/14/18 at 8am in Zuffenhausen.
I got this call directly from my SA who has been great with me and worked with him almost 2 years planning for this car.
My car is scheduled for production completion 3/23.

I already bought my tickets however they are changeable/cancelable anyways.
What a coincident! I am taking delivery of my Turbo S Exclusive exactly 24hrs after you
Old 03-11-2018, 10:49 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,772 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i can assure you they do not batch PTS together to paint.
+1
Old 03-11-2018, 11:44 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

If Porsche brought this business model in front of Shark Tank Mark Cuban would kick them out of the studio(after groping them)Especially the part about where they
build the complete car THEN pull it apart to put on options. And I don't want to get into this again but the margins on the GT3 are small. So I can
see where Porsche would want to produce the highly profitable cars first.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
If Porsche brought this business model in front of Shark Tank Mark Cuban would kick them out of the studio(after groping them)Especially the part about where they
build the complete car THEN pull it apart to put on options. And I don't want to get into this again but the margins on the GT3 are small. So I can
see where Porsche would want to produce the highly profitable cars first.
I really do scratch my head at the whole building the car then pulling parts off after the fact to fulfill an order. So strange they do that. But I guess I have to put my trust in whomever decided that was better than the alternative. It's such an obvious WTF move that there's gotta be more to it than meets the eye...
Old 03-12-2018, 01:35 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i can assure you they do not batch PTS together to paint.
mooty, I have to disagree. I have been tracking them on instagram, here, and elsewhere. Maybe they did not do so in the past, but now we see a string of the same PTS color car all come out at once. Now whether this is because of suppliers or whether the same PTS color cars runs down the line together I don’t know.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:08 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
mooty, I have to disagree. I have been tracking them on instagram, here, and elsewhere. Maybe they did not do so in the past, but now we see a string of the same PTS color car all come out at once. Now whether this is because of suppliers or whether the same PTS color cars runs down the line together I don’t know.
Yana at PCNA told me PTS builds are not by grouped by same colors. Feel free to call Yana and ask her.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:10 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Call Yana
Old 03-12-2018, 02:17 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Yana told me the same thing, but the evidence is overwhelming.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:19 AM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If you want to understand the mechanics behind Porsche's supply chain...

Old 03-12-2018, 02:26 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

It s way cheaper to batch same color painting

if you don t understand it just wonder why the standard color palette have few colors

but hey there s Yana
Old 03-12-2018, 02:56 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Have you looked at my check in list? It seems entirely random to me. It's sorted by color and even accounting for some people not regularly updating, there is no pattern of colors being produced together. Let's look at a couple of the most popular colors listed below... Not much of a pattern, particularly considering some are already delivered. If they are moving them to batch up colors, we would have noticed by now.

Mexico Blue Production Month:
March
May
Jan
March
March
Aug
?
Jan(delivered)
March
June
?
June
April

Viper Green Production month
Feb
March
November (delivered)
Dec (delivered)
March
Old 03-12-2018, 03:01 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

I did, but note those people are still moving around. The one color that sticks out to me the most is riviera. There were three that hit Instagram and another one I know of all at about the same time. Also, if you look at viper there were three cars that came out at about the same time. Recently, there were three Grigio Testio (sic) cars. Check will’s instagram. You have to account for things like delivery time to where they end up, but it seems clear they are being batched.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:16 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

I did, but note those people are still moving around. The one color that sticks out to me the most is riviera. There were three that hit Instagram and another one I know of all at about the same time. Also, if you look at viper there were three cars that came out at about the same time. Recently, there were three Grigio Testio (sic) cars. Check will’s instagram. You have to account for things like delivery time to where they end up, but it seems clear they are being batched.
Coincidence:

Viper Production I have Nov, Dec, Feb, March- Nov, Dec cars delivered and car for March was just moved from Feb- if they are batching, it would be obvious- I'm tracking over a hundred cars and I just don't see it.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:20 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Do you know when the viper cars were actually produced?

Old 03-12-2018, 07:44 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine is PTS but other than that all the standard options. not even full leather on it.
maybe they ran out of that little red leather strip for the steering wheel?

Quick Reply: PCNA to delay GT3 Production?