Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 09:40 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99

I got my allocation last week. Late March build with late May delivery.
which dealer if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-16-2019, 10:18 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3rs
which dealer if you don't mind me asking?

Pfaff.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:26 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by STALKER99

Pfaff.
I believe I have the same allocation time slot as you. I was told mine will be arriving some time in May.
I was at Pfaff 2 days ago and there were literally over 20 991.1&2 GT cars underground and IIRC about 6 of them were GT2RS'.
Just how "limited" and "hard to get" these cars are is starting to become a little questionable.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:48 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

I believe I have the same allocation time slot as you. I was told mine will be arriving some time in May.
I was at Pfaff 2 days ago and there were literally over 20 991.1&2 GT cars underground and IIRC about 6 of them were GT2RS'.
Just how "limited" and "hard to get" these cars are is starting to become a little questionable.
Definitely same build time.

I was down in the basement as well and saw all the cars. Some were being stored over the winter I think. The few cars were not delivered yet.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Why are CA cars so much cheaper?
I think it's because the US Gov sent a huge bill to VW and they need to recover that money somewhere.

Actually it's simply currency fluctuation that they don't adjust for annually. Years ago there was a large premium to buy in Canada and that is why there are a lot of older US Porsche's in Canada now. Porsche actually significantly dropped the prices of cars I believe in 2010 or 2011 by thousands of dollars.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:02 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Super hard to get an allocation. At least that was my experience. All started with a deposit in Feb 2016 at Pfaff. I got my allocation elsewhere last August.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:04 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Loess
I think it's because the US Gov sent a huge bill to VW and they need to recover that money somewhere.

Actually it's simply currency fluctuation that they don't adjust for annually. Years ago there was a large premium to buy in Canada and that is why there are a lot of older US Porsche's in Canada now. Porsche actually significantly dropped the prices of cars I believe in 2010 or 2011 by thousands of dollars.
That's right in 2011. Decent price reduction to meet our high flying dollar at the time. IIRC it didn't come easy or quickly.

https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/de...cialincentive/
Old 01-16-2019, 11:02 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by SToronto
Super hard to get an allocation. At least that was my experience. All started with a deposit in Feb 2016 at Pfaff. I got my allocation elsewhere last August.
Did you simply give up on waiting or did they straight up tell you you didn't get an allocation? I placed deposit on mine in September 2015. I didn't get confirmation till about 3 weeks ago. I guess the other dealer you got your allocation from is easier to deal with. With Pfaff anyway, I think it really depends on who you're working with and/or the amount of $$$ you've spent with them.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:40 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Did you simply give up on waiting or did they straight up tell you you didn't get an allocation? I placed deposit on mine in September 2015. I didn't get confirmation till about 3 weeks ago. I guess the other dealer you got your allocation from is easier to deal with. With Pfaff anyway, I think it really depends on who you're working with and/or the amount of $$$ you've spent with them.
My bad. I'm talking about GT3 not RS. I asked for a deposit refund month or so ago. Was strung along by sales rep, sales manager and GM.

It's mostly the same everywhere, top sales reps get the cars and it's how much you spend on cars, service, parts, events etc.

When I placed my deposit I was naive in placing a deposit where I bought my 997.2 and even with the same sales rep. Learned a lot since then.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:04 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

My bad. I'm talking about GT3 not RS. I asked for a deposit refund month or so ago. Was strung along by sales rep, sales manager and GM.

It's mostly the same everywhere, top sales reps get the cars and it's how much you spend on cars, service, parts, events etc.

When I placed my deposit I was naive in placing a deposit where I bought my 997.2 and even with the same sales rep. Learned a lot since then.
Care to share what you learnt?
Either way, congrats on getting your car. I guess I'm pretty lucky with Pfaff that I have a great guy to work with who went the extra mile to get me the allocation. Anxiously waiting for May to come around.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:18 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Care to share what you learnt?
Either way, congrats on getting your car. I guess I'm pretty lucky with Pfaff that I have a great guy to work with who went the extra mile to get me the allocation. Anxiously waiting for May to come around.
That a simple deposit with a dealer where you purchased a 911 doesn't mean sh$t, that was lesson #1. Get strung along, the requirements to actually get one, the stories of what people have had to do to get a GT3 from various dealers, the flipping, the responses from Sales Managers and GMs at a couple out of province dealers and one Toronto dealer, comments from a sales person at a Toronto dealer, PCNA response and so on.

Thanks! I am pleased with the outcome and the people I'm dealing with now, seem straight up, casual and transparent as can be. I hope it can continue. Can't wait for winter to be done!

Congrats to you as well!
Old 01-17-2019, 12:37 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

That a simple deposit with a dealer where you purchased a 911 doesn't mean sh$t, that was lesson #1. Get strung along, the requirements to actually get one, the stories of what people have had to do to get a GT3 from various dealers, the flipping, the responses from Sales Managers and GMs at a couple out of province dealers and one Toronto dealer, comments from a sales person at a Toronto dealer, PCNA response and so on.

Thanks! I am pleased with the outcome and the people I'm dealing with now, seem straight up, casual and transparent as can be. I hope it can continue. Can't wait for winter to be done!

Congrats to you as well!
I guess it is strung along until they tell you that you got one. I definitely thought that to be the case considering I was 3 years into placing my initial deposit. My friends didn't seem to want to let that thought leave my mind either with the constant negativity. With that said, again, a large portion of it was down to luck and it worked in my favor this time.

Anyway, thanks!
Old 01-18-2019, 04:53 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

It may be telling on your relationship and trustworthiness of the dealer if you have to even leave a deposit. Last time I was asked for a deposit the dealer never even cashed the check.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:40 PM
SGS
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mclarenmaniac

March Configurable RS Allocation was grabbed by a Rennlister but April one still remaining
Have a buddy interested in configurable allocation. Has a 991.1 PTS Riviera RS for trade. PM me if you have something. Thanks much
Old 01-27-2019, 05:18 AM
SZFL6
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New baby

Just picked up this black 991.2 GT3 RS as a replacement for GT silver .1 3RS.
Great deal on the new car (no crazy 20K ADM

New love meets old flame 😘

) and great trade-in.
My old car will be available at Carlsen Porsche. Worked with Michael Lustbader, he put everything in place with no nonsense.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread