991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread - Page 45 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread

 
Old 01-16-2019, 10:40 AM
  #661  
matt3rs
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by STALKER99 View Post


I got my allocation last week. Late March build with late May delivery.
which dealer if you don't mind me asking?
matt3rs is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:18 AM
  #662  
STALKER99
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
STALKER99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tdot
Posts: 843
Default

Originally Posted by matt3rs View Post
which dealer if you don't mind me asking?

Pfaff.
STALKER99 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:26 AM
  #663  
matt3rs
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by STALKER99 View Post



Pfaff.
I believe I have the same allocation time slot as you. I was told mine will be arriving some time in May.
I was at Pfaff 2 days ago and there were literally over 20 991.1&2 GT cars underground and IIRC about 6 of them were GT2RS'.
Just how "limited" and "hard to get" these cars are is starting to become a little questionable.
matt3rs is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:48 PM
  #664  
STALKER99
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
STALKER99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tdot
Posts: 843
Default

Originally Posted by matt3rs View Post
I believe I have the same allocation time slot as you. I was told mine will be arriving some time in May.
I was at Pfaff 2 days ago and there were literally over 20 991.1&2 GT cars underground and IIRC about 6 of them were GT2RS'.
Just how "limited" and "hard to get" these cars are is starting to become a little questionable.
Definitely same build time.

I was down in the basement as well and saw all the cars. Some were being stored over the winter I think. The few cars were not delivered yet.
STALKER99 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 01:55 PM
  #665  
Loess
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 888
Default

Originally Posted by welikethetrack View Post
Why are CA cars so much cheaper?
I think it's because the US Gov sent a huge bill to VW and they need to recover that money somewhere.

Actually it's simply currency fluctuation that they don't adjust for annually. Years ago there was a large premium to buy in Canada and that is why there are a lot of older US Porsche's in Canada now. Porsche actually significantly dropped the prices of cars I believe in 2010 or 2011 by thousands of dollars.
Loess is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:02 PM
  #666  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,484
Default

Originally Posted by matt3rs
I believe I have the same allocation time slot as you. I was told mine will be arriving some time in May.
I was at Pfaff 2 days ago and there were literally over 20 991.1&2 GT cars underground and IIRC about 6 of them were GT2RS'.
Just how "limited" and "hard to get" these cars are is starting to become a little questionable.
Super hard to get an allocation. At least that was my experience. All started with a deposit in Feb 2016 at Pfaff. I got my allocation elsewhere last August.
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:04 PM
  #667  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,484
Default

Originally Posted by Loess
I think it's because the US Gov sent a huge bill to VW and they need to recover that money somewhere.

Actually it's simply currency fluctuation that they don't adjust for annually. Years ago there was a large premium to buy in Canada and that is why there are a lot of older US Porsche's in Canada now. Porsche actually significantly dropped the prices of cars I believe in 2010 or 2011 by thousands of dollars.
That's right in 2011. Decent price reduction to meet our high flying dollar at the time. IIRC it didn't come easy or quickly.

https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/de...cialincentive/
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:02 AM
  #668  
matt3rs
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by SToronto View Post
Super hard to get an allocation. At least that was my experience. All started with a deposit in Feb 2016 at Pfaff. I got my allocation elsewhere last August.
Did you simply give up on waiting or did they straight up tell you you didn't get an allocation? I placed deposit on mine in September 2015. I didn't get confirmation till about 3 weeks ago. I guess the other dealer you got your allocation from is easier to deal with. With Pfaff anyway, I think it really depends on who you're working with and/or the amount of $$$ you've spent with them.
matt3rs is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:40 AM
  #669  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,484
Default

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Did you simply give up on waiting or did they straight up tell you you didn't get an allocation? I placed deposit on mine in September 2015. I didn't get confirmation till about 3 weeks ago. I guess the other dealer you got your allocation from is easier to deal with. With Pfaff anyway, I think it really depends on who you're working with and/or the amount of $$$ you've spent with them.
My bad. I'm talking about GT3 not RS. I asked for a deposit refund month or so ago. Was strung along by sales rep, sales manager and GM.

It's mostly the same everywhere, top sales reps get the cars and it's how much you spend on cars, service, parts, events etc.

When I placed my deposit I was naive in placing a deposit where I bought my 997.2 and even with the same sales rep. Learned a lot since then.
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:04 AM
  #670  
matt3rs
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by SToronto View Post
My bad. I'm talking about GT3 not RS. I asked for a deposit refund month or so ago. Was strung along by sales rep, sales manager and GM.

It's mostly the same everywhere, top sales reps get the cars and it's how much you spend on cars, service, parts, events etc.

When I placed my deposit I was naive in placing a deposit where I bought my 997.2 and even with the same sales rep. Learned a lot since then.
Care to share what you learnt?
Either way, congrats on getting your car. I guess I'm pretty lucky with Pfaff that I have a great guy to work with who went the extra mile to get me the allocation. Anxiously waiting for May to come around.
matt3rs is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:18 AM
  #671  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,484
Default

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Care to share what you learnt?
Either way, congrats on getting your car. I guess I'm pretty lucky with Pfaff that I have a great guy to work with who went the extra mile to get me the allocation. Anxiously waiting for May to come around.
That a simple deposit with a dealer where you purchased a 911 doesn't mean sh$t, that was lesson #1. Get strung along, the requirements to actually get one, the stories of what people have had to do to get a GT3 from various dealers, the flipping, the responses from Sales Managers and GMs at a couple out of province dealers and one Toronto dealer, comments from a sales person at a Toronto dealer, PCNA response and so on.

Thanks! I am pleased with the outcome and the people I'm dealing with now, seem straight up, casual and transparent as can be. I hope it can continue. Can't wait for winter to be done!

Congrats to you as well!
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:37 AM
  #672  
matt3rs
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by SToronto View Post
That a simple deposit with a dealer where you purchased a 911 doesn't mean sh$t, that was lesson #1. Get strung along, the requirements to actually get one, the stories of what people have had to do to get a GT3 from various dealers, the flipping, the responses from Sales Managers and GMs at a couple out of province dealers and one Toronto dealer, comments from a sales person at a Toronto dealer, PCNA response and so on.

Thanks! I am pleased with the outcome and the people I'm dealing with now, seem straight up, casual and transparent as can be. I hope it can continue. Can't wait for winter to be done!

Congrats to you as well!
I guess it is strung along until they tell you that you got one. I definitely thought that to be the case considering I was 3 years into placing my initial deposit. My friends didn't seem to want to let that thought leave my mind either with the constant negativity. With that said, again, a large portion of it was down to luck and it worked in my favor this time.

Anyway, thanks!
matt3rs is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 05:53 PM
  #673  
white6speed
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
white6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 883
Default

It may be telling on your relationship and trustworthiness of the dealer if you have to even leave a deposit. Last time I was asked for a deposit the dealer never even cashed the check.
white6speed is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 01:40 PM
  #674  
SGS
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 128
Default

Originally Posted by mclarenmaniac View Post


March Configurable RS Allocation was grabbed by a Rennlister but April one still remaining
Have a buddy interested in configurable allocation. Has a 991.1 PTS Riviera RS for trade. PM me if you have something. Thanks much
SGS is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 06:18 AM
  #675  
SZFL6
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SZFL6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 39
Default New baby

Just picked up this black 991.2 GT3 RS as a replacement for GT silver .1 3RS.
Great deal on the new car (no crazy 20K ADM

New love meets old flame 😘


) and great trade-in.
My old car will be available at Carlsen Porsche. Worked with Michael Lustbader, he put everything in place with no nonsense.
SZFL6 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: