Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread

Old 03-10-2018, 01:56 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Agree the 1.2 RS is not going to be limited. Setting aside dealer ADM antics, I'm pretty sure those who want one will get one.

On an unrelated note, I have confirmation that there are more .2 GT3 production slots. 991 GTx production will most definitely continue at least into pre-summer shutdown 2019.

And just when we're full eating up these series products, PAG will come out with some uber-money RS swansong with an unrestricted engine and maybe stick shift. We'll cry foul and come back here and whine... wait haven't we seen that movie before?
Care to share how you learned of this? Just about everyone else's cleaning lady believed GT3 production done by end of 2018 including mine, but this would be welcome news for everyone still holding out and searching for an allocation.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:06 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by n3rd
According to CJ Vip's submitted their builds last week. Has any non-VIP in the US been granted an allocation yet?

i submitted my build yesterday. Waiting on exclusive to contact me this week to get the ball rolling. FYI im not a porsche vip
Old 03-10-2018, 05:08 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy

i submitted my build yesterday. Waiting on exclusive to contact me this week to get the ball rolling. FYI im not a porsche vip
Do you have a commission number or is it just v070 Demand?
Old 03-10-2018, 06:24 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Was at my dealer to finalize my GT2 build. They have not officially received their allocations for the GT3RS.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:00 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD
Was at my dealer to finalize my GT2 build. They have not officially received their allocations for the GT3RS.
same. I’m numero uno at dealer, still crickets...
Old 03-10-2018, 09:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

No allocations out yet is what I heard from my 3 good guy dealers.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Do you have a commission number or is it just v070 Demand?

not sure exactly about all the codes. Im from ny. Dealer is ny. 4 vip’s. One is passing their allocation to me. (At msrp) Car has been paid for in full since September. Dealer owner. ( friend of mine). Guaranteed me a car. Guaranteed to the point that im working with exclusive this coming week. Ill repost after talking to exclusive
Old 03-11-2018, 12:05 AM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy

not sure exactly about all the codes. Im from ny. Dealer is ny. 4 vip’s. One is passing their allocation to me. (At msrp) Car has been paid for in full since September. Dealer owner. ( friend of mine). Guaranteed me a car. Guaranteed to the point that im working with exclusive this coming week. Ill repost after talking to exclusive
I thought that a VIP couldn't sell the car for 6 months. Now they can pass allocations to friends with no issues?
Old 03-11-2018, 03:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Agree the 1.2 RS is not going to be limited. Setting aside dealer ADM antics, I'm pretty sure those who want one will get one.

On an unrelated note, I have confirmation that there are more .2 GT3 production slots. 991 GTx production will most definitely continue at least into pre-summer shutdown 2019.

And just when we're full eating up these series products, PAG will come out with some uber-money RS swansong with an unrestricted engine and maybe stick shift. We'll cry foul and come back here and whine... wait haven't we seen that movie before?
PAG should do a case study on bmw and pam.
anyone gives a rat's a** about the new M POWER
or any LE PAM....

when you make too many special cars, then nothing is special.

you know that in asia, the wealthy dont like to eat $$$ food, eat off the street vendors and die from hep A happily.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:27 AM
lauris
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963

yep. My dealer already has his allocations for this year...and knows the number of RS they will receive in 2019. Both are extremely low numbers you can count on one hand. Indeed fewer cars than the allocations they received for GT2 RS. It’s going to be a very rare beast.
My dealer also has confirmed number of cars for april 2018 build, very limited, (good fried of mine has his build date of 6th april with delivery 2 weeks later, ) that there will also be a 2nd batch with numbers confirmed after the shutdown but doesnt have a firm date, expected early 2019, was told in geneva no 3rd batch confirmed as they expect to be onto 992 build by then, but then porsche dont confirm total numbers built or what they are going to build normally unless its something like the R

suspect uk car total production will be very limited,
Old 03-12-2018, 09:41 AM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

i spoke to a dealer in canada. they have received allocation for the RS, but it is extremely limited. There will be a second batch of allocations that will be about 50% of the first set of allocation.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Technically most dealers at the beginning of the year were advised my Porsche about how many of each model they would be getting including the RS. What they were not told is when they will be getting the allocations. For the RS I suspect it will be soon.

Regarding the limited quantities, I am not convinced that will be the case. If there is a huge demand for the car, yet not fill that demand? The R&D on the car was done three to four years ago and paid for. The car would be a huge profit model and to limit its production because of a yet to be announced 992 would be financially stupid. Why bother with the .2 GT3RS if they they were going to do that?
Old 03-12-2018, 10:36 AM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Technically most dealers at the beginning of the year were advised my Porsche about how many of each model they would be getting including the RS. What they were not told is when they will be getting the allocations. For the RS I suspect it will be soon.

Regarding the limited quantities, I am not convinced that will be the case. If there is a huge demand for the car, yet not fill that demand? The R&D on the car was done three to four years ago and paid for. The car would be a huge profit model and to limit its production because of a yet to be announced 992 would be financially stupid. Why bother with the .2 GT3RS if they they were going to do that?
i dont actually mean a limited production (like numbered) - i mean, it'll just be hard to get.

Everyone said the GT3 would be made in higher numbers... at least in canada, most people didn't get a car.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:53 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by golden1911
i spoke to a dealer in canada. they have received allocation for the RS, but it is extremely limited. There will be a second batch of allocations that will be about 50% of the first set of allocation.
Which dealer? Do you have numbers?
Old 03-12-2018, 04:56 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by golden1911
i dont actually mean a limited production (like numbered) - i mean, it'll just be hard to get.

Everyone said the GT3 would be made in higher numbers... at least in canada, most people didn't get a car.
^This...they don't make cars to fill demand. I'm waiting 2+ years with deposit. Nobody is committing anything to me. Maybe I'm the -1 people speak about...haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread