Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963

yep. My dealer already has his allocations for this year...and knows the number of RS they will receive in 2019. Both are extremely low numbers you can count on one hand. Indeed fewer cars than the allocations they received for GT2 RS. It’s going to be a very rare beast.
That is very disappointing to learn.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963

yep. My dealer already has his allocations for this year...and knows the number of RS they will receive in 2019. Both are extremely low numbers you can count on one hand. Indeed fewer cars than the allocations they received for GT2 RS. It’s going to be a very RS are beast.
once again if true then all this hype AP and PAG is feeding us over a car only the VIPs will get...except if you want to shell out $100k+ in ADMs. This would be pure bullchit if true and a major turn off to the brand.

My dealer invited me to “dealer night” at the NY Auto Show which is the night before the show opens to the public. I was going so I could see the car in the flesh. But now I’m asking myself “why bother going to see a car I once again can’t have?”

Also was as going to get a Cayanne for the wife instead of a new RR Sport. If the above turns out to be true then “F” you PAG my allocation for SUV $ will just go to RR. They’ll be my SUV VIP

Didnt AP say they don’t make “investments” they make performance cars or some such line?. BS, these bosturds know exactly what their doing. If they pull this crap again they have run their flag up the mast ...and it’s chit brown.

Last edited by Waxer; 03-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:15 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

If this .2 will not be produced in quantity this is extremely disappointing. More and more every month I’m further disappointed with Porsche and the Porsche dealers. They continually keep pushing me and I know others away from the brand.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:27 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

The 992 is coming, what do you want them to do, hold up innovation to make extra old stuff? Or not bother making the improved dot 2 at all because some will want it but can’t get one? I do not understand this mindset and I’m not even a vip that gets everything I want. Seriously what would you have them do?
Old 03-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

So much conflicting information but a very reliable car magazine in Germany published an article stating the 3 RS will be an unlimited production car. Production will run through March or July 2019. Another European source claims they will build as many as the .1RS which would put he figure around 4000.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:03 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

If you have a .1RS all this gnashing of teeth over the .2 is really not worth it. The .2 is a "improved version" of the .1. I too don't know why Porsche introduces cars, creates a big hoopla around them and then doesn't make very many. I am told I will get an allocation. Great. If I don't oh well. It's play toy. In the total scheme of things whether you get this car or that car is irrelevant.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:05 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
So much conflicting information but a very reliable car magazine in Germany published an article stating the 3 RS will be an unlimited production car. Production will run through March or July 2019. Another European source claims they will build as many as the .1RS which would put he figure around 4000.

This seems accurate; obviously not a numbered/plaqued car, but will still be challenging to obtain I suspect. However, with the new 992 coming out it may pull some of the posers off this "Old model" as it wont be the latest/greatest 911... could help make it more obtainable for those of us who use these beasts as intended, ei track them.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:08 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
If you have a .1RS all this gnashing of teeth over the .2 is really not worth it. The .2 is a "improved version" of the .1. I too don't know why Porsche introduces cars, creates a big hoopla around them and then doesn't make very many. I am told I will get an allocation. Great. If I don't oh well. It's play toy. In the total scheme of things whether you get this car or that car is irrelevant.
I think the virtual $ these things now come with in the frunk is what drives everyone crazy.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
well said. Agree.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:22 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Local dealer said RS will be even harder to get than GT3. I'm not sure they are saying that to generate hype or extra want. They have the people they are giving cars to. They cut the list at 75 and are not taking deposits.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:24 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Porsche obviously spends all the marketing dollars to create want for the rest of the lineup and make people aspire to GT cars and feel like they are getting a little GT in their Cayenne or whatever else. If not for the desire to get the above dealers could just email blast their top customers or all and sell every GT car sans big marketing. Spec sheet and some jpegs is what it takes.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Local dealer said RS will be even harder to get than GT3. I'm not sure they are saying that to generate hype or extra want. They have the people they are giving cars to. They cut the list at 75 and are not taking deposits.
RS is always harder to get than GT3
Old 03-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Well....duh
Old 03-09-2018, 05:53 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick

That would be interesting to see considering how hard/scarce the .2 GT3 feels like to get. But for the .1 didnt PAG produce more 3RS than GT3?

Let's see if they mail out marketing boxes to everyone as teasers lol
Old 03-10-2018, 07:12 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

Agree the 1.2 RS is not going to be limited. Setting aside dealer ADM antics, I'm pretty sure those who want one will get one.

On an unrelated note, I have confirmation that there are more .2 GT3 production slots. 991 GTx production will most definitely continue at least into pre-summer shutdown 2019.

And just when we're full eating up these series products, PAG will come out with some uber-money RS swansong with an unrestricted engine and maybe stick shift. We'll cry foul and come back here and whine... wait haven't we seen that movie before?

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread