Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 02:17 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 966 Likes on 429 Posts

Interesting news...I reached out to Porsche Exclusive to discuss one small item on my build...was informed they do not anticipate any CXX options being approved for this car.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:04 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,809 Likes on 2,171 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Interesting news...I reached out to Porsche Exclusive to discuss one small item on my build...was informed they do not anticipate any CXX options being approved for this car.
Maybe they are shutting down Porsche Exclusive. haha
Old 03-26-2018, 05:21 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

The Irish Green PTS RS posted elsewhere.
View this post on Instagram
Old 03-26-2018, 05:32 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
My dealer still says they have no allocation.
Peter,
In for a brake flush to Castrol SRF this AM on the .2 GT3 . SA showed me my RS allocation folder, but cannot commit until dealer decides on ADM. The MSRP days are over for me on this car. Showed me the ADM on an GT2RS, the buyer paid $175K over, YIKES!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

By what i got today from exclusive No pts or cxx available at this time. I can order off the configurator only. If anyone curious. Let me know if anyone has received a different answer

sorry just noticed below someone posted. He got the same answer as me
Old 03-26-2018, 05:44 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Any idea when either window might open?
Old 03-26-2018, 06:03 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by RFGGT3
Peter,
In for a brake flush to Castrol SRF this AM on the .2 GT3 . SA showed me my RS allocation folder, but cannot commit until dealer decides on ADM. The MSRP days are over for me on this car. Showed me the ADM on an GT2RS, the buyer paid $175K over, YIKES!
Yikes indeed!

Btw it was good to see you at Sebring this past weekend!
Old 03-26-2018, 06:04 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bossing

Yikes indeed!

Btw it was good to see you at Sebring this past weekend! ��
Great to meet you Albert, fun weekend at the bounce park!
Russ
Old 03-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by RFGGT3
Peter,
At $175K ADM, that’s a car that won’t be driven much!
Old 03-26-2018, 07:19 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Akunob

At $175K ADM, that’s a car that won’t be driven much!
Exactly, in the collection.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:31 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,809 Likes on 2,171 Posts

And then you get *** clowns like this douche getting an allocation...

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...llocation.html

While guys like TrakCar who deserve and allocation don't get one. WTF!
Old 03-26-2018, 07:47 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I really wanted PTS on my 2RS but didn’t get it. That being said, I like PTS being mysterious and rare.

Look ar the .2 GT3, I think half of them are PTS and they single handedly overloaded the system. For 12k it’s not even that exciting when everyone can and does get it.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:50 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
And then you get *** clowns like this douche getting an allocation...

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...llocation.html

While guys like TrakCar who deserve and allocation don't get one. WTF!
That thread is one of the most epic threads on Rennlist at the moment. What an A$$ Clown. I have a left handed screw driver for sale at a low cost of $100k. I am doing my friend a favor in selling it. Total customization.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:56 PM
Tik
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
That's more positive than getting a 'no' answer, silver lining perhaps but hoping you get the car you want. Certainly deserving as a brand ambassador.

My dealer said they want buyers who drive/show/track them, bring others into the dealership. The opposite of shipping it out of state to be locked away.
Why can't more dealers be like this? I've had an incredibly frustrating experience trying to secure an RS. Dealer I bought my .2 GT3 from notifies me a week ago that he had an allocation for me, but with an ADM. We spent the next few days talking through details and negotiating - I had a number of questions he owed me answers to today. This morning I get a text, all of a sudden, that I no longer have a spot. No real follow-ups to my questions. Further, this dealer insisted that there's no way non-VIPs were getting MSRP cars, which we all know is false. It's just that there are fewer and fewer dealers with integrity. I just want to buy a car - why does it have to be so hard?
Old 03-26-2018, 08:01 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Tik
Why can't more dealers be like this? I've had an incredibly frustrating experience trying to secure an RS. Dealer I bought my .2 GT3 from notifies me a week ago that he had an allocation for me, but with an ADM. We spent the next few days talking through details and negotiating - I had a number of questions he owed me answers to today. This morning I get a text, all of a sudden, that I no longer have a spot. No real follow-ups to my questions. Further, this dealer insisted that there's no way non-VIPs were getting MSRP cars, which we all know is false. It's just that there are fewer and fewer dealers with integrity. I just want to buy a car - why does it have to be so hard?
I think more dealers are succumbing to the mentality that "if everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't I" which I think will come back to bite them eventually (not any time soon)

Witnessed this first hand with my local dealer listing a .2 GT3 with an ADM (the original owner backed out) for the very first time ever when they had been MSRP-only

The issue is that the GT cars are so good for performance/price/NA/looks/reliability/everyday use and are so limited, that I don't think supply meets half the demand and dealers know this...so they want to drink as much as they can from the well while they can before it runs dry

The economy also has been red hot although signs are surfacing maybe time for bigger correction

Also keep in mind that most (including me) want under MSRP on everything else, not many people are buying Macan/Panamera/other 911s @ MSRP, at least not without a fight, so it will go both ways

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread