Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 12:51 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Clearly stating timing for builds, no commentary on model year.
I have no idea why you'd tell a group of GT enthusiasts to "prepare for shenanigans" because some GT3RS's will be "built" in 2018.

You might as well tell everyone to "prepare for shenanigans" because the GT3RS has a giant wing on the back.

Nonetheless, let's move on...
Old 03-19-2018, 12:52 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Originally Posted by Nick
Isn't the factory closed in August?
Yes. Cars still get built in August, and there are still August allocations for all Porsche models. Just not nearly as many as other months.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:05 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Originally Posted by Ascend
I am confused.

As far as I remember, .2 GT3 allocation process was like this
1) Few allocations for early CY 2017 given in March 2017
2) Remaining allocations for the rest of CY 2017 + all of 2018 given in around Oct 2017

Will the process be the same for .2 3RS? or are you guys saying that all .2 3RS allocation will be given out for CY2018/2019 this week.

There is only one group of GT3RS allocations, which was distributed to dealers over the weekend and this morning. There will be no second run of allocations in the US. Dealers know exactly how many they're getting in total, but the allocations built in 2019 won't actually be given to them until 3rd quarter.

There is no need to "buckle up." There is no need to "prepare for shenanigans." No need to throw any fuel onto any fires.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:13 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
There is only one group of GT3RS allocations, which was distributed to dealers over the weekend and this morning. There will be no second run of allocations in the US. Dealers know exactly how many they're getting in total, but the allocations built in 2019 won't actually be given to them until 3rd quarter.

There is no need to "buckle up." There is no need to "prepare for shenanigans." No need to throw any fuel onto any fires.
Straight to the point and on point...
Old 03-19-2018, 01:42 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

This is 100% the case from what I hear.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:55 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

I really don't appreciate your posts - tossing stones at someone is pathetic!

Porsche has more shenanigans than any brand I have ever encountered. Dealers who charge and are allowed to charge ADM even more pathetic.

Guys here under a guise throw deposits all over the country flipping to member or taking members allocations using this site as a tool - that is a fact as i have had calls from those very people from this forum. Be happy to share those names each one is more of tool than the next.

Who are you to pick at CJ who tells it from his perspective - you can't tell someone how to think but go ahead as it only makes you appear extremely jealous.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:59 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
Straight to the point and on point...
Wait til he talks poorly about you - then share how straight he is.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
I really don't appreciate your posts - tossing stones at someone is pathetic!

Porsche has more shenanigans than any brand I have ever encountered. Dealers who charge and are allowed to charge ADM even more pathetic.

Guys here under a guise throw deposits all over the country flipping to member or taking members allocations using this site as a tool - that is a fact as i have had calls from those very people from this forum. Be happy to share those names each one is more of tool than the next.
Who are you to pick at CJ who tells it from his perspective - you can't tell someone how to think but go ahead as it only makes you appear extremely jealous.
Thank you nuvolari612. First off, from my experience, CJ is a straight shooting guy and I think he is only speaking the truth. When I bought two GT cars in one week back in 2011 I got them both for MSRP with no games. Since then, the game playing surrounding these cars has reached epic proportions. The dealer I bought both of those cars from has no loyalty to me whatsoever, in terms of allocations or pricing, and is selling their GT cars for some astronomical ADM's. I am not criticizing them for trying to maximize profit but the insane ADMs and the flipping has turned this pleasurable pastime into something quite distasteful for the true enthusiast. To call this climate filled with half truths and deceptions "shenanigans" seems quite accurate, and actually rather like an understatement. Anyone unaware of this reality has not been in the game for very long or is not paying attention.

Last edited by Hex; 03-19-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:26 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hex
Thank you nuvolari612. First off, from my experience, CJ is a straight shooting guy and I think he is only speaking the truth. When I bought two GT cars in one week back in 2011 I got them both for MSRP with no games. Since then, the game playing surrounding these cars has reached epic proportions. The dealer I bought both of those cars from has no loyalty to me whatsoever, in terms of allocations or pricing, and is selling their GT cars for some astronomical ADM's. I am not criticizing them for trying to maximize profit but the insane ADMs and the flipping has turned this pleasurable pastime into something quite distasteful for the true enthusiast. To call this climate filled with half truths and deceptions "shenanigans" seems quite accurate, and actually rather like an understatement. Anyone unaware of this reality has not been in the game for very long or is not paying attention.
Appreciated.

Porsche and their new dealerships are causing a lot of pain all being passed on to us at 125 - 175.00 per hour for a mechanic. Our two dealers were bought rumor has it the new owner dropped 100m to pull it all off to one dealer and now holds auctions for GT cars.

There are very good dealers out there - it's the few who are deceitful and these brokers running around flipping all equal short term gain long term pain.

If someone doesn't think it will happen that reflects what GM Ford said about Toyota. When consumers habits change they don't return - ever.

CJ is about as good as it gets - IMO!
Old 03-19-2018, 05:50 PM
BillS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer told me today they have all the names of the clients interested in the RS on the table today talking about how they will distribute the allocations, which they expect to have in hand tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
I was notified yesterday that I have an allocation. No details about the date yet. Hopefully the dealer will let me know soon!
congrats chris!
Old 03-19-2018, 06:10 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have no idea why you'd tell a group of GT enthusiasts to "prepare for shenanigans" because some GT3RS's will be "built" in 2018.

You might as well tell everyone to "prepare for shenanigans" because the GT3RS has a giant wing on the back.

Nonetheless, let's move on...
shenanigans

relating to how few cars are being built overall for USA market. simple calculation of share of nation and calling other dealers.

if a lot of dealers built flip spec cars out of 25-40% of their initial batch of GT3s...ADMS will likely be very high as they are sure to repeat that technique...shenanigans.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:13 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

With so few cars it'll definitely not hurt .1RS value. Yeah I said it.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:24 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
With so few cars it'll definitely not hurt .1RS value. Yeah I said it.
I agree- built with Weissach the .2 is a 240 car, and with ADM...approaching 300? or more?

yeah I'll go find some PTS 2016's and sit on one for that kind of gap. Throw an exhaust and suspension upgrade on it.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

From what I am reading are there going to be less than half the .2 GT3s built for US?

And yes-will bode well for.1 RS Values and .2 GT3s included

Shame they are not going to be producing more GT3s/RSs with this 4.0.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread