Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XPEL Tracwrap for Euro Delivery, anyone have any experience with it?

Old 06-21-2018, 01:13 PM
sting168
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
As an overdue update - I threw caution out the window and my GT3 saw rain, dirt, snow, sun, salt in the air from being close to the ocean, 150 MPH on the autobahn, a Ring lap etc for over 4000 KMs of driving over nearly two weeks last month with no PPF or temporary paint protection

I bought the Tracwrap, but I knew right away when it arrived that I would not be able to install it "well" on my car. It would look more like those covered couches in the 70s and 80s IMO, very tough to make it "invisible" which was a firm requirement for me. It was more important for me to just enjoy the car in Europe and to take amazing pictures for memories than fret about the paint...my car will never be in those areas again!

IMO the Tracwrap solution is great for track days or for driving your car off the lot to your detailer or for a road trip as a temporary thing if you don't care about the looks. Just my 2 cents
Thanks for the update. What an awesome experience to drive your GT3 in Europe. I'm wondering what was your observation of the body/paint of the car after the trip? Thanks.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

wait, what? is there still a ED option available for GT3 builds? I was told by my rep its not available anymore?
Old 06-28-2018, 07:48 PM
sirtom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sting168
Thanks for the update. What an awesome experience to drive your GT3 in Europe. I'm wondering what was your observation of the body/paint of the car after the trip? Thanks.
Also curious here. Thanks for sharing the info.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:40 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Overdue?
as in all those trip photos you promised ....
LOL I am so lazy at this point and just want to enjoy the car.... you guys got all the best pictures anyways maybe once I have the car again I'll do a small write up...

Originally Posted by sting168
At a quick glance, I think the car/paint was ok. Sure the car was dirty when I dropped it off, but a friend told me that the car would see much worse on the vessel crossing the Atlantic/at the port anyways. I didn't go over the car with a magnifying glass when I dropped it off Again, with ED I really did not want to spend a minute worrying about the paint because I thought it would detract from this bucket list (and very expensive) trip - turns out I was right and I had the time of my life with my old man as we just enjoyed the car, the roads, the scenery, and most importantly one of the best father son experiences for us to date!

Originally Posted by Aku700
wait, what? is there still a ED option available for GT3 builds? I was told by my rep its not available anymore?
It might not be available anymore. My build was January of this year.

Originally Posted by sirtom
Also curious here. Thanks for sharing the info.
see above my friend
Old 06-29-2018, 12:57 AM
sting168
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
At a quick glance, I think the car/paint was ok. Sure the car was dirty when I dropped it off, but a friend told me that the car would see much worse on the vessel crossing the Atlantic/at the port anyways. I didn't go over the car with a magnifying glass when I dropped it off Again, with ED I really did not want to spend a minute worrying about the paint because I thought it would detract from this bucket list (and very expensive) trip - turns out I was right and I had the time of my life with my old man as we just enjoyed the car, the roads, the scenery, and most importantly one of the best father son experiences for us to date!
Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:31 AM
sirtom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Would 6" by 40' be enough for the front end?
And is 6" easier to work with for installation than 12" ?

Also, does anyone have pictures of what it looks like installed?

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:34 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

What it looks like installed can also depend on the installer/how it is installed apparently. Some people install it wet/with a spray bottle and then squeegee, or some just slap it on dry like I was planning to. IMO it doesn't look great/invisible in the pics I saw of cars on the track with it installed, but again YMMV and if you care about paint protection for euro delivery I do think it's a good quick fix option short of just taking it to a German PPF installer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XPEL Tracwrap for Euro Delivery, anyone have any experience with it?