Sponsored by:

XNS: Steering Column Casing in Leather Question

Old 03-02-2018, 02:45 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XNS: Steering Column Casing in Leather Question

My Porsche Code: PJ66G371

I was just calling Porsche to see whether "Steering Column Casing in Leather: XNS" comes with platinum grey stitching like the example picture on the configuration page. I've been getting conflicting answers from the dealers and it would be a great help if you can shed some light. Otherwise, I'm just gonna take it off since I really don't wanna pay $3500 to get Interior trim package with decorative stitching and embroidery in deviated thread... That would be horrible.

Please let me know what color of stitching it comes with on the steering column casing if you guys have it on your babies.~

Last edited by ReadyEddie; 03-02-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:59 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

as I recall my build $1400 deviated stitching cost on full leather build for red thread and steering column in leather was $550 which got the red thread if specifying silver thread the whole package is silver , but to be sure consult your SA part of his deal in your build .
Old 03-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Unless you pay for the leather upgrade I do not believe you can check this box. The standard is just Plastic. I like this upgrade if you checked the leather box but really all of this means nothing because it is all about the engine/transmission-this combo dominates the experience irrelevant of transmission selected
Old 03-02-2018, 03:04 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
as I recall my build $1400 deviated stitching cost on full leather build for red thread and steering column in leather was $550 which got the red thread if specifying silver thread the whole package is silver , but to be sure consult your SA part of his deal in your build .
Right. I'm getting Leather/Alcantara® Interior Package in Black with Platinum Grey Stitching and I was hoping the steering column comes with the same platinum grey stitching.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:06 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Unless you pay for the leather upgrade I do not believe you can check this box. The standard is just Plastic. I like this upgrade if you checked the leather box but really all of this means nothing because it is all about the engine/transmission-this combo dominates the experience irrelevant of transmission selected
Don't forget the HUGE touring option.~
Old 03-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by ReadyEddie
Right. I'm getting Leather/Alcantara® Interior Package in Black with Platinum Grey Stitching and I was hoping the steering column comes with the same platinum grey stitching.
It does
Old 03-02-2018, 03:11 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 937 Likes on 420 Posts

it comes in matching stitching to the rest of the car. for example, my column came with matching red stitching.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:13 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
It does

You guys just made my day!
Old 03-02-2018, 03:14 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by disden
it comes in matching stitching to the rest of the car. for example, my column came with matching red stitching.
Thank you for your confirmation. I'll be so happy to see mine in grey stitching! WOOT!~
Old 03-02-2018, 03:36 PM
J3R0ME
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the interior trim package and the steering column in leather with platinum stitching.....and it is one of those options that was a must in my build. It looks amazing and i knew i wanted this option when i had my 997.2 GT3, which had the plastic.

The steering column in leather just completes the look.

One regret is that i didn't select the sun visors in alcantara...everything else im very happy with
Old 03-02-2018, 03:42 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

You can do this a number of ways.

Stock silver or the 1500 red, the steering column in leather gets matching stitching.

You have to order steering column in leather with deviated stitching if you want a leather column when you order the full ($3500) deviated stitching package.

You can order the order steering column in leather with deviated stitching if you want a leather column stitching to be different that the stock or upgraded stitching on the rest of the car. For example, if you want black thread to avoid a reflection.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:44 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by J3R0ME
i have the interior trim package and the steering column in leather with platinum stitching.....and it is one of those options that was a must in my build. It looks amazing and i knew i wanted this option when i had my 997.2 GT3, which had the plastic.

The steering column in leather just completes the look.

One regret is that i didn't select the sun visors in alcantara...everything else im very happy with
If I may, did you also get extended dashboard in leather option? I'm still thinking about it and I feel it's overkill... I'm not too crazy about sun visors in alcantara, because I can always get them WITHOUT stickers @ suncoastparts.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

If I may, did you also get extended dashboard in leather option? I'm still thinking about it and I feel it's overkill... I'm not too crazy about sun visors in alcantara, because I can always get them WITHOUT stickers @ suncoastparts.
Did you order Chrono? If so, get the extended leather option with contrasting stitching. Gives the interior a much richer look as it should for a car close to $200,000.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:59 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nick
Did you order Chrono? If so, get the extended leather option with contrasting stitching. Gives the interior a much richer look as it should for a car close to $200,000.
It's a tough choice because it's one of the most expensive option. Thank you for your suggestion! Btw, what do you think about mission tunnel in leather? I was thinking about getting it because I would support myself by leaning on it while turning. Does that make sense? Also, I have no idea what "mission tunnel" is according to the configuration page.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:05 PM
J3R0ME
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't go for the extended dashboard option. The Leather interior package was enough of an upgrade for me.

The location in your picture is correct. The mission tunnel in leather is just another option that'll make your interior more luxurious. You can't go wrong. The car itself is absolutely amazing. The extra options are just bonuses. Wish you luck in narrowing down your spec.

Love seeing all the different builds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XNS: Steering Column Casing in Leather Question