Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XNS: Steering Column Casing in Leather Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 08:18 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 1,757 Posts

to my knowledge the transmission tunnel leather is not where your picture indicates - it's the tunnel behind the seats and the center console that gets the leather treatment…
Old 03-03-2018, 08:36 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JFerraro17
If I may add something to this excellent thread....

I ordered my GTS today. The "Transmission Tunnel in Leather" option is depicted here--pics stolen, then VERY amateurishly highlighted. There is a seam that lines up with the rear end of the luggage net....I thought maybe this option covered the portion forward of the seam. In fact, it's that AND the entire piece all the way back to where the "rear tunnel cover" starts.

This was confirmed directly from Atlanta today during my time at the dealer. Also, this option isn't available until builds after 11/6/17 (dealer config tool had a little clock and warning depicted). So depending on when your allocation start date falls, this may affect your decision. My date allowed me to select this, but I wouldn't have even known to ask the question except for this thread!

I also chose to eliminate the door panel leather (3 tiny pieces mentioned in posts above--really only TWO pieces if you chose LCA!!) thanks to this thread.

Thanks for the heads up!

Source: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1024...nfusion-2.html

After some researching through Rennlist, I think I've found the answer. MYSTERY SOLVED!~ =D
Old 03-04-2018, 05:13 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Chiming in here:

On my GT3 Touring build - I have full leather interior, and to get deviated stiching the option code is XVX. To get the leather steering column to also have deviated stiching, the code is XVA! Hope this helps. (someone here on RL actually pointed me in that direction in another thread - don't remember who, sorry) This has been confirmed by my SA, but please, please check with your own SA - I do not want to screw something up for anyone

Since I want the Porsche shield on the lid of the armrest, I have added XPT, and now I really hope that the stiching will match the rest of the interior with that option...
Old 03-04-2018, 07:57 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Chiming in here:

On my GT3 Touring build - I have full leather interior, and to get deviated stiching the option code is XVX. To get the leather steering column to also have deviated stiching, the code is XVA! Hope this helps. (someone here on RL actually pointed me in that direction in another thread - don't remember who, sorry) This has been confirmed by my SA, but please, please check with your own SA - I do not want to screw something up for anyone

Since I want the Porsche shield on the lid of the armrest, I have added XPT, and now I really hope that the stiching will match the rest of the interior with that option...
I respect anyone who went GT3 route for not many of us have done so. Your car will surely be a neck breaker on the street! It seems the option code is different for Touring and Standard GT3's (It's showing XNS according to my build order). I'll check with my SA and make sure!~ Very excited for your Touring!

Quick Reply: XNS: Steering Column Casing in Leather Question