Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How well will the 991.1 GT3 RS hold its value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 04:15 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

The first sign of economic slowdown and the rug will be pulled out from underneath these cars. Just wait.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
The first sign of economic slowdown and the rug will be pulled out from underneath these cars. Just wait.
And? That can be said across the board for all of these cars, not just a RS model.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:29 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

^^ patience as the above says.
all cars depreciate the market will soften.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Once people realize how hard it is to get .2RS, I believe the value will only go UP not DOWN.

I do recommend getting .1RS at the moment and if finances allow, get 2 or 3 and use them as an investment.

You will thank me later.
What he said !
Elliot
Old 03-04-2018, 06:09 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
The average Bugatti stats are skewed by those in the top end. 40 cars can also count business cars as well. People value money, but cars are irrational purchases. Bentley isn't as in demand obviously, even for the GT3-R. The Blue Train Mulsanne though? At every level, money does matter, but cars are just expenses like food.
No one counts business cars when they are talking about Chiron owners if they did I should go buy one.

Don't think my cars are irrational in fact cheapest mistresses a man can have the most enjoyment man ever created is an engine with wheels - IMHO.

Would love a Mulsanne when 70 - cars really aren't expenses at this level they are rewards. I can spend money on a lot of crap and it's just crap but a car hobby lifestyle if you don't agree you would not posting on this forum.

Back to the RS finally got it out for a little bit today - it showed high temps CEL went on - turned it off restarted all fine really think Porsche got the RS to perfection.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:10 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by 0to60
Value value value is most of what a read on RL
Bla Bla
Get out and drive those cars and stop with the value.
DIdn't you just post in the Raptor thread about value
Old 03-04-2018, 08:22 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Says the guys who's last posts are below - kettle meet pot.

70K for a pick up truck, lol
Buy the Ram Rebel at HALF the price.

Forum: 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Today, 04:23 PM
Replies: 20
OT: Anyone here have a Raptor?
Views: 405
Posted By 0to60
Why not the XLT instead ? A lot less $ Amy...

Why not the XLT instead ?
A lot less $
Amy other reason for the Raptor ?

Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Replies: 11
0wners of 991.2 Guards Red GT3s with Xenon PDLS
Views: 590
Posted By 0to60
If looking for a total blacked out look, Black...

If looking for a total blacked out look, Black PDLS LED. I went with PDLS Xeons, mostly black, but gray ring. PDLS Xeons are the best value and I think it looks the best, both running and parked.

03-01-2018, 09:55 PM
Replies: 62
Courtesy Delivery in CA, for non-CA Car - CA State Tax?
Views: 1,637
Posted By 0to60
You don't pay tax twice. If the selling dealer...

You don't pay tax twice. If the selling dealer collects the tax and you are registering in another State, you only pay the difference or get rebates back the difference if you over pay a higher tax...
I appreciate your trolling me. With that said, whatever one chooses, DRIVE it. I gave my reasons of choosing the Bi Xeons, cost was only one factor. If you took the time to read, I actually like the way they look better than the LED's.
As far as the Raptor, there are plenty of F150's that are more than capable.
My point is/was people discussing price deltas and are nits when it comes to value. Just drive the damn car. I'm only killing time on this forum until my GT3 shows up. I will be driving it, not discussing value. Again, I'm honored you would spend time on me digging up past posts. Canadian detectives, lol.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:07 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I appreciate your trolling me. With that said, whatever one chooses, DRIVE it. I gave my reasons of choosing the Bi Xeons, cost was only one factor. If you took the time to read, I actually like the way they look better than the LED's.
As far as the Raptor, there are plenty of F150's that are more than capable.
My point is/was people discussing price deltas and are nits when it comes to value. Just drive the damn car. I'm only killing time on this forum until my GT3 shows up. I will be driving it, not discussing value. Again, I'm honored you would spend time on me digging up past posts. Canadian detectives, lol.
Assumed you had some interest driving posts only to find out - absent thought it was interesting to one who despises pricing threads and tells everyone just to drive and not trolling just tired of a guy who asks a question about value gets beat up on a car forum for asking about value. As a car guy any question is fair game it's why we come here.

FYI - deleted it but you spend so much time here vs driving you beat me to the thread

Congrats on your GT3
Old 03-04-2018, 09:31 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Assumed you had some interest driving posts only to find out - absent thought it was interesting to one who despises pricing threads and tells everyone just to drive and not trolling just tired of a guy who asks a question about value gets beat up on a car forum for asking about value. As a car guy any question is fair game it's why we come here.

FYI - deleted it but you spend so much time here vs driving you beat me to the thread

Congrats on your GT3
I promise you and the forum, after I post up pics of my GT3, I'll be driving and posting here little to nothing. I'm stuck behind the keypad until my dream arrives. After I took possession of my 15 GT3 I had been absent for some time. Pre traded my 15 a year ago so here I am.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:00 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one counts business cars when they are talking about Chiron owners if they did I should go buy one.

Don't think my cars are irrational in fact cheapest mistresses a man can have the most enjoyment man ever created is an engine with wheels - IMHO.

Would love a Mulsanne when 70 - cars really aren't expenses at this level they are rewards. I can spend money on a lot of crap and it's just crap but a car hobby lifestyle if you don't agree you would not posting on this forum.

Back to the RS finally got it out for a little bit today - it showed high temps CEL went on - turned it off restarted all fine really think Porsche got the RS to perfection.
Can't argue with that. The love of cars unites us petrolheads.
The Mulsanne is really nice. More rare and sportier looking than the Phantom. Only downside to me is that Ben Affleck drives one.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:24 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

I promise you and the forum, after I post up pics of my GT3, I'll be driving and posting here little to nothing. I'm stuck behind the keypad until my dream arrives. After I took possession of my 15 GT3 I had been absent for some time. Pre traded my 15 a year ago so here I am.
You are anti-value discussion and concern and are all about the pure driving enjoyment? Then why in the world would you pre-trade your '15 GT3 in excess of 1 year before its replacement arrives? Aren't you stuck behind your keyboard by your own choosing, and because you chose the value preservation of your '15 over driving it until the new car arrived?
Old 03-05-2018, 12:36 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
You are anti-value discussion and concern and are all about the pure driving enjoyment? Then why in the world would you pre-trade your '15 GT3 in excess of 1 year before its replacement arrives? Aren't you are stuck behind your keyboard by your own choosing, and because you chose the value preservation of your '15 over driving it until the new car arrived?
The pre trade was part of the MSRP PTS build. Also had a November build so didn't expect this too take as long as it is. Not sure why you asked me this question, I assume it was a back handed insult.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:43 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Can't argue with that. The love of cars unites us petrolheads.
The Mulsanne is really nice. More rare and sportier looking than the Phantom. Only downside to me is that Ben Affleck drives one.
If I lived in a big boy city would have a Phantom drop head and Mulsanne - agree the Mulsanne is the better beast it's tempting.

When I daily the RS more people make remarks than any other car - guessing the wing makes people look or Porsches are more accepted friendly striking up a conversation vs other cars that I know people are saying not so nice things which is odd when I grew up the guys who had cool cars were the envy no hate.

Ben Affleck should be on a moped and that's being polite.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:46 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

The pre trade was part of the MSRP PTS build. Also had a November build so didn't expect this too take as long as it is. Not sure why you asked me this question, I assume it was a back handed insult.
Pre trade - so value was important once upon a time

We all love driving more than posting - but regardless of wealth anyone in the car boat jet game wants more more more until they realize they can't afford more which is fine at some point reality is key.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:48 PM
C4SGRPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Since you seemingly can't afford a GT3, why don't you be more responsible with your money?

Wow Ervin, you think really highly of yourself, Mr. Turtles is a friend of mine and you could not be more more wrong. You should not be making those kind of assumptions on others. Instead simply don't write comments like that, make you seem like you need to compensate for something.

Quick Reply: How well will the 991.1 GT3 RS hold its value?