Addict
Rennlist Member

The above wheel color is outstanding on the black car
Old 03-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Super User

Originally Posted by Alan C. View Post
The above wheel color is outstanding on the black car
Alan- your killing me. My 8 year old Son told me to go Titanium Gold when I showed him the swatch and we went out to the garage to compare but I wa still on the fence.

I will post pictures in a couple weeks. I think it will be a bigger trasformation than I am expecting
Old 03-14-2018, 08:26 PM
maspirito
User

Name:  photo91.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  1.47 MB

Forgeline pearl grey
Old 03-14-2018, 08:29 PM
SCCAForums
User

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
Alan- your killing me. My 8 year old Son told me to go Titanium Gold when I showed him the swatch and we went out to the garage to compare but I wa still on the fence.

I will post pictures in a couple weeks. I think it will be a bigger trasformation than I am expecting
You will love it! (But I'm biased)

Looking forward to the pics.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 03-14-2018, 10:18 PM
Psup4s
User

I would rock satin gold wheels on mine
Old 12-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Juan Bulted
New User

Default Where’s is the certified auto body shop to paint the wheels ?

I am is same boat. It is called White Gold. I think the paint code is 539. I have the info at home.

I have an appt with a Porsche Certified Auto Body shop this Sat. because we are going to paint my Satin Aluminum wheels this color. I assume it will be Powder coated and then the Satin clear coat will be painted. The important thing, first, is for them to find the match. I am hoping they can order some touch up paint from Porsche for the wheels that we then can have color- matched.

I do not know how this all works so it will be interesting but I love the color of the new wheels.It is subtle but perfect. I do not want to paint my wheels Bronze or Gold but White Gold

If any one has any info I would be interested in hearing
Do you have the contact info for the auto body shop ?
Old 12-05-2018, 11:41 PM
gt3.997
Addict
Rennlist Member

my friend had his white gold wheels done by cars dawdiak in SF. here is a pic of his white gold, vs satin silver, vs platinum - i think they look awesome on his car. subtle but really work well on black
Old 12-06-2018, 06:04 PM
sechsgang
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've got a car coming in March that I've had them paint the one set of wheels Aurum gold...will post pics when it's in. Should be cool...
Old 12-06-2018, 10:20 PM
MJG911
User

So I received the swatch of Titanium Gold(TG)which is a very nice Metallic. It looks a little darker than White Gold but depending on lighting it changes back and forth from a lighter to darker tone-pretty cool though.

But- here is my dilemna. As I put the swatch on top of my Satin Aluminum(SA) I all of a sudden was not as enamored as I was before. I am thinking-Satin Aluminum looks so good against black(nice contrast) will I be sick of the TG after 6 months and then regret because I will not be able to switch them back to SA??. Also, is "Gold" wheels just a fad that will play itself out quite quickly

Here is a picture of my car with SA. All thoughts welcomed

the colors take on a whole new life after being clearcoated.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:20 PM
samurai_k
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi GT3 experts!

I have a set of vintage Brombachers which are similar to BBS E88s that I would like to recolor the centers to white gold or aurum gold. Is Prismatic Powder Titanium Gold powder the closest to the OE white gold paint and Prismatic Powder Satin Poly Gold the closest to the OE aurum gold paint?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2019, 04:21 PM
vansmac
User

This is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. A little nod to the GT2 RS Weissach wheels. These are 20” HRE RC100’s, paint came out beautifully, went with a 20% semi gloss clear coat. My 991.1 black satin finish GTS wheels are now my Winter set.

It’s Weissgold #539, can’t wait to mount to my new Michelin Super Sports and align properly for the dry season. From what I’ve seen so far, the color changes greatly with the lighting.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:25 PM
samurai_k
Addict
Rennlist Member

vansmac where did you get your wheels painted? I noticed you are in the Bay Area?
Old 04-16-2019, 04:30 PM
vansmac
User

Originally Posted by samurai_k View Post
vansmac where did you get your wheels painted? I noticed you are in the Bay Area?
Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara, ask for Jon or Oscar. I paid $200 per wheel, more than fair. It may take awhile, they’re always busy.

I do any Porsche alignment work at Custom Alignment, they are in Mt. View. Usually a week out to mount and align, I go in Monday.

3280 Edward Ave
Unit D
Santa Clara, CA 95054
United States

2599 Wyandotte St
Unit A
Mountain View, CA 94043
United States
Old 04-16-2019, 05:05 PM
samurai_k
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the referral! Just gave them a call and first shop that I spoke to that knew what they were talking about wheel refinishing here in the Bay Area down to paint codes, etc...
Old 04-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Super User

Wow!!! Those look awesome.

Update- I could never get myself to part with the Satin Aluminum OEM finish. Just love them although White Gold or like above color right up there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Satin Gold wheels

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: