Sponsored by:

2015 GT3 Software versions and what too look for before i take delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 11:51 AM
astolfor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2015 GT3 Software versions and what too look for before i take delivery

Hi my GT3 is in its way and when I take it to the dealer to get an alignment I would like to ask them to upgrade to the most current version. I know my dealer and he will not just do it unless I come with specific requests. I live in an island so it is a huge pain to take the car to the dealer. I want to make sure that the car has the latest so I do not experience any gremlins that are taken care off.

It would be good to know the following latest for the following components

PDK
PCM (anything newer than V4.76. PCM?)
Differential
Track module
ECU
DME
Maps

What else should I ask the dealer to look and take care off before I take it for good? BTW the car is CPO.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:20 AM
astolfor
Instructor

No one?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:30 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 385 Posts

Can't help you with exact versions but my experience has been that dealers won't upgrade software unless there is a complaint. Alternatively, if there is an update deemed necessary, they will install it automatically when a car is in for service. Can't say that I've heard of any major updates to any of the components listed above.

Did you have a PPI done before you bought the car? If not, I'd have your dealer check the center locks for wear/abuse; check for paint work; maybe refresh fluids unless the service was done recently. Not much else to do. These cars are fairly bullet proof...except for the pre-G motors maybe
Old 03-03-2018, 01:46 PM
astolfor
Instructor

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Can't help you with exact versions but my experience has been that dealers won't upgrade software unless there is a complaint. Alternatively, if there is an update deemed necessary, they will install it automatically when a car is in for service. Can't say that I've heard of any major updates to any of the components listed above.

Did you have a PPI done before you bought the car? If not, I'd have your dealer check the center locks for wear/abuse; check for paint work; maybe refresh fluids unless the service was done recently. Not much else to do. These cars are fairly bullet proof...except for the pre-G motors maybe
I completely understand the no complain not help, but this is why I am asking for help here. Taking my car to the dealer is a minimum of 2 days worth of work which I rather use for fun than taking the car to dealer many times. I do not understand why not doing something like a Yum or windows update, and have the customer find problems one at the time. hopefully this one is more reliable than my Cayenne TS...

Quick Reply: 2015 GT3 Software versions and what too look for before i take delivery