Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.2 GT3 MT

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 03:05 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

Manuals will be worth more - there is no question. People always want and will pay for what they can't have. When there are no more manuals, in production for GT cars, the rarity will be apparent- and this will be regardless if any one knows how to drive them.

There will be many more PDK GT cars for many years to come- so do not worry.

I may not be a Porsche evaluator but I know more than he does because I stayed in a Holiday Inn. Just like all the jack asses(experts at large oil Companies) years ago who thought oil was going to stay above $100
Old 03-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger

Not if you count .1 GT3’s .1 RS’ and .2 RS’. All pdk.
true but I’m talking about .2 gts. For that matter you could go back to 997.1 and 997.2 to find manuals too. My point is there are more manual 991.2 Gt3 built than Pdk . I don’t believe the difference in adm will be too much. I know when I bought my Pdk carmine there were many manuals to pick from too with about the same adm depending on color and options and where I was looking.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:50 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 515 Posts

I am the guy who said less than 200....that is according to production sticky post and projection.....read all of Rennlist it is good for you...don't skim it...
Old 03-17-2018, 12:07 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BCMgunner
In general, IMO, people who do well enough in life to afford these cars are motivated and enjoy challenges and engagement as well as furthering their own skill sets. Manuals are a challenge (relative to automatics), rewarding and provide bragging rights.

Why do people golf? Ski? All learned skills for people successful in life enough to afford to engage in them.

Golfs been around for over 100 years.

I personally can’t golf, but I sure did relearn how to drive manual in my time waiting for my manual to come in.

There will always be manual drivers.
People golf for business and ski for fun. I can't golf either. Skiing doesn't require much capital to partake in.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:00 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Touring pack cars with manuals will be rare.....probably less than 100 in the US.....those possibly could escalate in price in 10 years...but then again a 993 Carrera 4 Cab is also relatively rare but not providing a windfall....speculating is fun though...
Originally Posted by abiazis
I am the guy who said less than 200....that is according to production sticky post and projection.....read all of Rennlist it is good for you...don't skim it...
Speaking of skimming, looks like you may have skimmed your own post.

And I read enough of Rennlist to know that reading all of it is not good for you.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:11 PM
PcarFL
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bump... Will consider PDk as well but has to be brand new. Thx
Old 03-21-2018, 03:44 PM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I talked to noted Porsche 911 evaluator for Panorama Mag Nathan Merz and he said there will be no premium for the manual over the PDK.
He is an expert in the 911 market and a judge.
There are more Manuals and there is no performance advantage. According to him in the long run options that have a performance advantage are
worth more, and add in the fact that as time goes along less and less people WANT manuals or even know how to drive them.
Why will people pay more in the future for a slower car that they can't drive?
But I know RIGHT NOW, tourings are bringing in more ADM only because not many wanted to order a GT3 without a wing. I wouldnt take that chance
no way no how.
I'm going to respectfully say that expert is wrong and I'll gladly have an sit down for chicken and waffles with him to argue why
Old 03-21-2018, 03:57 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,771 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I talked to noted Porsche 911 evaluator for Panorama Mag Nathan Merz and he said there will be no premium for the manual over the PDK.
He is an expert in the 911 market and a judge.
There are more Manuals and there is no performance advantage. According to him in the long run options that have a performance advantage are
worth more, and add in the fact that as time goes along less and less people WANT manuals or even know how to drive them.
Why will people pay more in the future for a slower car that they can't drive?
But I know RIGHT NOW, tourings are bringing in more ADM only because not many wanted to order a GT3 without a wing. I wouldnt take that chance
no way no how.
Originally Posted by rave426
I'm going to respectfully say that expert is wrong and I'll gladly have an sit down for chicken and waffles with him to argue why
We may be splitting words (and sentences) here.

I think the 991.2 GT3 MT will more likely than not command a premium over a comparably equipped 991.2 GT3 PDK in the future resale market; however, the MT will be more difficult to sell than the PDK.

In other words, there will be less overall demand for a 991.2 GT3 MT vis-a-vis a PDK version, but that smaller demand for the MT will be significantly more intense than the larger demand for the PDK.

There are and will be less people that want a MT, but for those few people who do, they want it A-L-O-T. And will settle for nothing else.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:04 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

Hey- I am in Houston and just had Fried chicken and waffles for lunch
Old 03-21-2018, 04:08 PM
rave426
Pro

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
We may be splitting words (and sentences) here.

I think the 991.2 GT3 MT will more likely than not command a premium over a comparably equipped 991.2 GT3 PDK in the future resale market; however, the MT will be more difficult to sell than the PDK.

In other words, there will be less overall demand for a 991.2 GT3 MT vis-a-vis a PDK version, but that smaller demand for the MT will be significantly more intense than the larger demand for the PDK.

There are and will be less people that want a MT, but for those few people who do, they want it A-L-O-T. And will settle for nothing else.
One item you may not be considering is that the supply/demand curve will continuously shift due to the decreasing number of of manuals being offered to the sports car market. With manuals being more and more scarce on performance cars, people will (and already have) begin to lust what they can't have. I expect the manual cars to be in high demand years from now from the aspects of quantity and price. At the end of the day, PDK will be overthrown by a better/faster transmission, whereas the manual will always be a manual. Its a modern classic of a mechanism.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:09 PM
rave426
Pro

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Hey- I am in Houston and just had Fried chicken and waffles for lunch
I was not given an invite to this event lol. Marv and I would have both traveled for chicken.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:12 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,771 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Originally Posted by rave426
One item you may not be considering is that the supply/demand curve will continuously shift due to the decreasing number of of manuals being offered to the sports car market. With manuals being more and more scarce on performance cars, people will (and already have) begin to lust what they can't have. I expect the manual cars to be in high demand years from now from the aspects of quantity and price. At the end of the day, PDK will be overthrown by a better/faster transmission, whereas the manual will always be a manual. Its a modern classic of a mechanism.
But the shift in the supply/demand curve will not be one-sided.

Yes, the supply will decrease, but so will the demand. This generation of drivers do not want a MT, because they don't even know how to operate one. A few more years down the road, most people won't even want to drive, whether it's a manual, PDK, slush box with torque converter, CVT, etc. (See Uber, Lyft, and (gulp) Waymo).

As an aside, you know what I saw the other day? A manual. A manual car window lever.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:38 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

^^^Spot on.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:35 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 97 Posts

I have a good friend who has been at a Porsche dealer for a long time and he was telling me they have had some difficulty in finding/hiring tech's who can drive an MT.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:43 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

I personally would go easy on the chicken and waffles, we would like to still be able to fit in those bucket seats and keep the overall weight down......

Quick Reply: .2 GT3 MT