Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible additional run of GT3's?

Old 03-23-2018, 07:48 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
If I recall correctly, the reason Porsche isn't producing the GT3 in 2019 is because of EU emissions regulation change in Sep 2018. If that's the case, why are they able to produce the RS in 2019?
Particulate filter?
Old 03-23-2018, 09:11 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts

Particulate filter?
I don't know the specifics but whatever the reason is, shouldn't it apply the same to both the GT3 and GT3RS. So if you can't build the GT3 in 19, you would expect that you can't build the RS in 19. So inversely, if you can build the RS in 19, you should be able to build the GT3 in 19.

What am I missing? Leads me to think that we could see a 2019 GT3. And if we don't, it will have to with reasons other then the new EU emissions.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:48 PM
FORENN
Banned

I don't know the specifics but whatever the reason is, shouldn't it apply the same to both the GT3 and GT3RS. So if you can't build the GT3 in 19, you would expect that you can't build the RS in 19. So inversely, if you can build the RS in 19, you should be able to build the GT3 in 19.

What am I missing? Leads me to think that we could see a 2019 GT3. And if we don't, it will have to with reasons other then the new EU emissions.
It wouldn't apply to both cars if it's only being added to one of them.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:04 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BOS991.2
I have no idea whether Porsche is planning on making more .2 GT3’s or not but I get the sense the some dealers are saying they’re getting ‘new’ allocations when really allocations are starting to get dropped because:

1) Customers with .2 GT3 allocations have secured a .2 GT3RS allocation so dropping the .2 GT3.
2) It’s clear some folks have secured multiple .2 GT3 allocations, so are finally taking the earliest build and dropping the other allocation(s).
3) Some with late build .2 GT3’s are finding ‘acceptable’ builds on the ground, buying them and dropping their allocations.

That being said, it seems there are plenty of people lurking, waiting for .2 GT3 allocations to drop and happy to pay ADM.

Just what I’m seeing...
Then there should be more .2 GT3 allocations available, which should result in downward pressure on ADM. Locally (SF Bay Area), I haven't seen that happen. Of course, tech stock options have managed to skew the market, with many buyers having more $ than smarts.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:24 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know if Porsche is adding cars but I was on a list for over a year and dealer told my I have no more...recently.
i have been looking around here on east coast calling around and everybody telling me nothing for Gt3.
For the rs they all say the list are to long....very discouraging.
But the other day a dealer emailed and said I can get you a gt3.....for 20 k over I tried to negotiate down.
But you know how that goes.....I'm not a person who pays over but I have been thinking hard about it.
They don't care if you want s car u have to pay.....to play.
But at the end of the day it's a big game of supply and demand.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:29 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by 2006m5
I don't know if Porsche is adding cars but I was on a list for over a year and dealer told my I have no more...recently.
i have been looking around here on east coast calling around and everybody telling me nothing for Gt3.
For the rs they all say the list are to long....very discouraging.
But the other day a dealer emailed and said I can get you a gt3.....for 20 k over I tried to negotiate down.
But you know how that goes.....I'm not a person who pays over but I have been thinking hard about it.
They don't care if you want s car u have to pay.....to play.
But at the end of the day it's a big game of supply and demand.
20K is not bad.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:58 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
It wouldn't apply to both cars if it's only being added to one of them.
The particulate filter is required for Euro6c regs that kick in starting this September. It applies to all cars sold in the EU and tightens standards for particulate emissions among other things. Nobody knows for sure if US or ROW bound cars will have the filter or not (even through not required here.)
Old 03-24-2018, 01:28 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Is it possible that Porsche has a bunch of build slots at the end of the run that weren't given out just in case they need to replace a car that's damaged in transit or any such thing?

Now that most of the cars are delivered, they can reduce the safety margin and sell out those allocations?

Has anyone in Canada got a new allocation recently?
March 6 I got one.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:48 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by signes
The particulate filter is required for Euro6c regs that kick in starting this September. It applies to all cars sold in the EU and tightens standards for particulate emissions among other things. Nobody knows for sure if US or ROW bound cars will have the filter or not (even through not required here.)
Yes... hence my ? at the end of my post. It was just my speculation based on what has been reported in some of the other threads. Wild Weasel, Evil, Gauss and others I'm sure can offer a lot more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible additional run of GT3's?