Sponsored by:

Possible additional run of GT3's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I wouldn't call it that, but conversely paying a premium to "cut the line". Not unheard of in various instances and actually it typically works well for both parties. I paid a little over MSRP to get my SS Daytona from my jeweler, he net more money and I got the watch I wanted without having to buy precious metal watches that I didn't want. Or paying for the VIP tour at Disneyland, you get right into the fast pass lines with a private guide with your party. Did I get taken advantage of in those instances? In fact, paying an ADM is a *luxury* that I feel grateful and fortunate I am able to afford when given the opportunity. Quite the opposite IMO.

I was willing to pay an ADM so that I could get a car with insane demand I wanted no strings attached with *zero* purchase history from a dealer. I can understand how a dealer would want to give an MSRP allocation to a local customer who services their cars and buys regular 911s, a Panamera, Macan, etc.. makes total sense. I could either spend upwards 50-100-150k+ for cars I might not want or need, or pay my $15K ADM. I haven't heard of too many people with zero purchase history getting a configurable allocation at MSRP. And for those that got a pre-built car at MSRP with zero purchase history, that is awesome and I would consider it lucky. I'm not spending $200K like a chump getting taken advantage of in my humble opinion, I'm spending that money for a car I really want and I'm happy I was able to secure without being a VIP or a client that a dealership wants to keep happy with multiple purchases in the past and perhaps on the horizon. To further the point, my eyes are wide open and I'm very happy and excited for my car. Got exactly what I wanted, with euro delivery which I've always wanted to do, and likely spent *less* money to get the car and do that than had I "built up a relationship with a dealer."

Don't say any of this to boast as that is the polar opposite of who I am and how I carry myself, but wanted to chime in after I heard us ADM-payers were getting taken for a ride hehe. You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion if you think differently! It sure works out if you have a purchase history already unintentionally out of desire for other P-cars but for others not in those shoes, the ADM works well for better or worse.

Edit - also I had been on the list with 6 dealers (some since 2016) with 0 leads. Have prior purchase history with my local dealer in Hawaii over 10 years (Cayenne Turbo, 997.1, 997.2, 991.1) and they just didn't get enough allocations either.
Right! I too was on the list with two small dealers that I have a purchase history with. They treated me well in the past and really thought they could get me one (at MSRP), however, they just could not get enough cars.
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I wouldn't generalize buyers into two buckets personally, and wouldn't care too either. Do any of us care which bucket you are more sympathetic to? You are parading around your opinion about judging others who paid an ADM what they decide to do with their hard earned money, this looks like the slippery slope of judging the haves vs. have-nots. Except in this case the "haves" are the ones who are able to get a car at MSRP and the "have-nots" are the guys who couldn't get their GT3 at MSRP.

My business is my own just as yours is yours. What you do with your money, buy at MSRP, pay an ADM, get your GT3 at a discount, as long as you are happy that's what should matter, same for everyone else. I'm not going to waste time judging you for what you decide to do with your money. And I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated
Also right!
Originally Posted by orthojoe
Yup. I don't take advantage of others for a living, so it seems pretty cut and dry to me. It may not be for others.

Mooty is of course correct. The buyers are ultimately to blame. There are 2 types:

They like to play the 'capitalism' card when it's really more like 'piracy'.
They like to thump their chest and say it's a small sum to them and they can enjoy now before the peasants do
They like to say it's not possible to get a car at msrp
They like to perpetuate the problem because if they did it, everybody has to do it too.
They get offended when they realize that they really were taken for a ride because they are used to taking others for a ride.

On the flip side, there are people who really want the car and the cards just haven't played out for them to get an allocation at msrp.
They wanted the car badly enough where paying adm was the only way to get the car
They don't like doing it, but it was the only way they could see it happening
They know the dealer gouged them, but it's not going to bother them enough to not get and enjoy the car. My cousin hated the dealer and hated himself for doing it to get a GT4, but it was the only way for him.

Both are contributing to the problem. However, I'm personally much more sympathetic to #2 than #1.
Wrong, too narrow in scope.
Originally Posted by orthojoe
You got taken advantage of. That is the entire premise of ADM. If you're cool with it and that was the only way to get a car, so be it. However, you still got taken advantage of.
More than wrong. Not sure this even rises to the dignity of an error.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
sad thing is likely crickets now for this hot debate for more .2 builds .... hope not so
R.Deacon I was told by my dealer (the sales manager) just this past Friday that he fully expects a couple more build before the end of April - even gave me some nice GT3 literature. (I've been on the list for around 10 months now.) I've no reason to doubt him.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:51 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Nobody cares what those who pay ADM choose to do with their money, just don't insist as Fuddman did that there aren't dealers who sell at MSRP. Some buy at MSRP and others don't for a variety of reasons which is fine. Now let's return to the original topic which helps everybody.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:56 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
R.Deacon I was told by my dealer (the sales manager) just this past Friday that he fully expects a couple more build before the end of April - even gave me some nice GT3 literature. (I've been on the list for around 10 months now.) I've no reason to doubt him.
Hey Bruce , thanks for your encouraging update for all here , like your confidence in him , as he is a key part of what I hope will be a successful process for you.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:21 PM
BillS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I put in a request online for a used GT3 in inventory at a East coast dealer and received a response that the car was sold but that they may be able to build me one. I called this morning to clarify the comment and he said although they expected no further allocations they surprisingly received 5 additional this weekend! This is all getting a little hard to follow and plan for. I am now torn between trying to find a used GT3, playing the game to wait and see what happens with the RS, or possibly still build the exact GT3 I've been dreaming of... sigh.

Anyone else hear anything similar?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

I would grab it and build it if it’s at msrp.

This is why I stopped reading a bunch of the allocation threads. No one really knows. I got caught up in the hype bought my RS and paid an ADM.

Originally Posted by BillS
So I put in a request online for a used GT3 in inventory at a East coast dealer and received a response that the car was sold but that they may be able to build me one. I called this morning to clarify the comment and he said although they expected no further allocations they surprisingly received 5 additional this weekend! This is all getting a little hard to follow and plan for. I am now torn between trying to find a used GT3, playing the game to wait and see what happens with the RS, or possibly still build the exact GT3 I've been dreaming of... sigh.

Anyone else hear anything similar?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:37 PM
BillS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was at an MSRP only dealer. Still have to wait for them to get back to me about their list but he made it sound like these are allocations in hand.. so confusing...
Old 03-19-2018, 05:42 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 53 Posts

I received two surprising calls this weekend from dealers I was waitlisted at to let me know they received extra allocations. Both are still asking ADMs but hopefully it's a good sign for those still waiting/looking.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:47 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
I received two surprising calls this weekend from dealers I was waitlisted at to let me know they received extra allocations. Both are still asking ADMs but hopefully it's a good sign for those still waiting/looking.
Are they large dealers?
Old 03-19-2018, 05:57 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by shaytun
Are they large dealers?
One is large and the other is pretty small. The larger one also already received RS allocations and the smaller one is still waiting, so I don't really know what's going on and maybe it's all coincidence but it seems things are popping up. Happy to share the names once I have one or the other locked in.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:05 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,731 Likes on 4,763 Posts

I'm hearing several dealers in various parts of the U.S. have or have been told they will be receiving additional 1.2 GT3 allocations.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:13 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I'm hearing several dealers in various parts of the U.S. have or have been told they will be receiving additional 1.2 GT3 allocations.
ipse,
Can you also argue that allocations are available only because gt3rs allocations opened up? Coincidence?
Jack
Old 03-22-2018, 11:15 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Yep something must be going on where a handful of .2 GT3 allocations are coming, I also got contacted about a surprise allocation available (at an ADM) at a dealership which got a handful more in the past week (passed and he was working down his list unfortunately)

I wonder if this means the .2 GT3 will be produced into 2019 after all, or maybe there is more 2018 production capacity after the factory shut down in July/August for the US since the focus might be on EU/RoW right now...
Old 03-22-2018, 11:17 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac

ipse,
Can you also argue that allocations are available only because gt3rs allocations opened up? Coincidence?
Jack
That's a good observation - someone commented recently that they were able to secure an allocation due to the original client jumping into a .2 3RS, maybe a little bit of truth to both rumors
Old 03-22-2018, 11:18 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,731 Likes on 4,763 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac

ipse,
Jack
No idea.

Just passing along info, as I'm not in the market for a 1.2 GT3.

Quick Reply: Possible additional run of GT3's?