Sponsored by:

Possible additional run of GT3's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I was just musing on the concept of Bill of Materials and how it contributes to the overall worth of the end result, and I wondered what the bill of materials cost for the Sistine Chapel compared to the incomparable skill and talent that painted it. Irrelevant perhaps, but something to consider when valuing strictly by the cost of material constituents.
Try assembling the bill of materials for software and comparing it to the price you pay for it...
Old 03-04-2018, 12:42 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Many of us have bought our GT cars at list.....
Bet you had a trade in....
Old 03-04-2018, 01:03 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
nope. you're letting your CA perspective cloud your judgment clearly. I'm told there are even some CA dealers who sell GT cars for list- shocking to you I know. Sonnen, Fresno, Circle and San Diego to name a few.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:05 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Presumptive, eh?

My dealer has never expressed any interest in taking back my car as a trade in even though I offered.

3rd GT car at msrp. In California.

No, I wasn't forced to buy other cars like a macan, panamera, or cayenne either.

Boxster spyder, 991.1 GT3, GT4, and 991.2 GT3 is my purchase history.

I'll admit that there were some hiccups along the way, but it all worked out and the latest .2 allocation was super smooth. The car is sitting at emden right now waiting for a ride.

Yes, I have a receipt for deposit that says at msrp from the sales manager.

People that paid adm, that is your perogative. Just because you got taken advantage of doesn't mean that everyone else did too. There are a lot of us and we aren't sugar coating it either. Just like the guy who thought he got a great deal but then learned his neighbor got a better one, you have fallen victim to the inherent problem with dealerships and why consumers really dislike them. There is no transparency and people get taken advantage of. The sooner dealers recognize the problem, the better chance they have of surviving before the Tesla model of sales shuts them all down.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:13 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Orthojoe is right to what he says.
i never owned a Porsche and I can tell you I have tried to get one .
they either told me give me a trade or give me money above and some even said we are msrp dealer.
and don't sell outside of area,
i heard it all...so yes there good guy dealers....but in same breath there is the ones when turn you upside and take all your money.
anyway I didn't cave to above msrp....but if I did I could had a car.
anyway this the way it is.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
There are a lot of us.
No.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:48 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 20 Posts

My GT3 should be arriving in 2 weeks. I am told no ADM.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:25 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I got my GT3 at MSRP from a dealership I only bought one car from a couple of months prior to getting my GT3 allocation. No trading in when I get it. I was offered another GT3 from another dealership I never worked with. I was also on the waiting list at two other dealerships that told me specifically they only sold at MSRP because they didn't play those games and wanted the cars to go to people that drove them. That's 4 dealerships selling at MSRP just within a couple of hours of me.

​​​
Old 03-04-2018, 10:54 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
No.
Yes.

The truth is hard to swallow sometimes.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...ange-our-minds
Old 03-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Its the appearance of scarcity that makes these cars so desirable. Look at Hermes. Stupid Birkin bag, impossible to get so all the ladies want one when there is nothing special about it. Porsche knows what they are doing. Dangling the carrot in front of customers - creating demand. They aren't dumb.
ROFLMAO. How right you are brother! Nailed it.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:05 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
nope. you're letting your CA perspective cloud your judgment clearly. I'm told there are even some CA dealers who sell GT cars for list- shocking to you I know. ......San Diego to name a few.
I just had to check your "I was told" list:

First up: San Diego Porsche

Selling 2018 GT3 - MSRP $163,750. Asking : $189,750. A "used car" no less. Clever way to slip the ADM in while claiming they're an ADM free zone.

https://www.porscheofsandiego.com/in...tallic+1729299

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:14 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

San Diego Porsche laughed at me when I offered 25K over for their chalk GT3 about a month ago. They told me that they turned down offers for 30K over. The next week I went to Porsche of Irvine and bought a car with precisely the options/color I wanted for 20K over sticker. I have owned six 911s over the years and my next one will be bought through Porsche Irvine. The sales guy to ask for is Hamid. I have never had such a positive experience buying any car. Tell him Dave from San Diego sent you. They just opened last fall and want to really change the way P cars are sold and maintained in SoCAL.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:16 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

ROFLMAO. How right you are brother! Nailed it.

The take home message then to the Hermes bag analogy is that the GT3 demand is artificially manufactured and the car itself is nothing special. Therefore anyone who buys one has fallen prey to sharp marketing.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:43 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Yes.

The truth is hard to swallow sometimes.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...ange-our-minds

Since you brought it up.

The thesis from this article is: "New discoveries about the human mind show the limitations of reason." From Stanford research, no less.

Unfortunately, so much of the stuff coming out of our learning centers for deep thinkers is common knowledge passed off as "astonishing discovery." This is one of them. IMO.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:52 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

I just had to check your "I was told" list:

First up: San Diego Porsche

Selling 2018 GT3 - MSRP $163,750. Asking : $189,750. A "used car" no less. Clever way to slip the ADM in while claiming they're an ADM free zone.

https://www.porscheofsandiego.com/in...tallic+1729299

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because a dealer sold a car with ADM that ALL of their allocations were sold with ADM. Many dealers sell most of their allocations at MSRP, but save a couple to 'squeeze' out people willing to pay.

Quick Reply: Possible additional run of GT3's?