Sponsored by:

What's up with Finspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 11:16 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I'm not sure what is more common, drama surrounding wheel companies or Mustangs crashing leaving C&C....

The drama is real........ haha
Old 05-15-2018, 03:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

again, i said b4
i never buy the product, i buy the person behind the product
never had any issue with the wheels i had, i dont run finnspeed.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:41 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Folks - I realize this is an old thread but just wanted to chime in and make it crystal clear that Finspeed is fully up and running on all flat-6 cylinders. They had an investor issue and weren'table to take outside orders during that time. That issue has been fully resolved and there are greatly expanding their product offerings and dealer network in 2019. They've added new equipment to their Texas facility which will really increase through put and reduce lead times further beyond the usual 4-6 week lead time (which really isn't bad anyway for a completely custom set of wheels).

AMT Motorsport is Finspeed's newest full service dealer and we're located in the Northeast US. That means I can help you guys with offsets, Plus Sizing, rubbing questions, etc. We can even 3D print up some mock ups of wheel sizes you might be interested in to make sure they're going to fit your cayou

Please read the blog below to learn more about the partnership between Finspeed and AMT. Please let me know if I can be of service or answer any questions!

https://amtmotorsport.com/blogs/news...amt-motorsport

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 02-18-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:40 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^
Good news!
Old 02-17-2019, 05:20 PM
Finspeed
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Finspeed has been in continuous operation since we were located in MO in 2009. We moved to Austin, TX in 2015 and have been working on a variety of projects, public and private since we moved to TX. I'd like to say our wheels are as good as they've ever been, but they aren't. They're better, as should be with any company obsessed with continuous improvement. We still start with the highest quality US sourced forgings in the industry, from APP in CA. Our engineering philosophy we feel is second to none, and our attention to detail is why so many of our customers are repeat customers. Our work holding fixture is proprietary, as is our manufacturing process. We do all our FEA in ANSYS (the global leader in simulation software) and all of our wheels are certified by standard testing labs in OH on racing slicks, not street tires. We have many new wheel designs soon to be launched, and have several unique special projects we are working on at the moment. To give you an idea of our special projects capability, here's a recent one we did for Ben Keating in the IMSA WeatherTech series, running his #33 Riley AMG GT3 in the 1980's Wynn's retro livery

Old 02-17-2019, 05:36 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

I have wheels from literally every manufacturer.
I find (not specifically talking about any particular brands) most car industry just talk, talk talk and talk some more
if they can deliver on time with the correct product, they will have followings.
many big name guru and brands, they talk talk and talk some more too.
DEADLINE is the most important business concept not bottomline.
high quality on time, then you will have ppl willing to pay big $ for products
add that with aftermkt service, u are golden.

I know shops and manufacturers with the latest computer, machines, software etc etc.
in my business, we have some of the bleeding edge equipment too. but I cannot figure out how to power them up so really it's useless
it all boils down to the operator , the HUMANS, do they know how to use it.
often my abacus provides one scenario in our spread calc and it will be more accurate and precise then the 4000 iteration our MBA and financial engineers come up with using gazillion dollar computers. I just used dad's abacus and a cup of ****ty coffee while on RL blabbering away.

finnspeed went through some tough time and for a while was non responsive. but now they are back up I am told, and if they can deliver the fine product on time on budget, then the world will know. information is fast and transparent in todays digital age, maybe too fast.

I wish them luck.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:03 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

^^^^^^^^ Lots of truth and things many need to NOT forget...well said Mooty!
Old 02-18-2019, 10:34 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Finspeed
Finspeed has been in continuous operation since we were located in MO in 2009. We moved to Austin, TX in 2015 and have been working on a variety of projects, public and private since we moved to TX. I'd like to say our wheels are as good as they've ever been, but they aren't. They're better, as should be with any company obsessed with continuous improvement. We still start with the highest quality US sourced forgings in the industry, from APP in CA. Our engineering philosophy we feel is second to none, and our attention to detail is why so many of our customers are repeat customers. Our work holding fixture is proprietary, as is our manufacturing process. We do all our FEA in ANSYS (the global leader in simulation software) and all of our wheels are certified by standard testing labs in OH on racing slicks, not street tires. We have many new wheel designs soon to be launched, and have several unique special projects we are working on at the moment. To give you an idea of our special projects capability, here's a recent one we did for Ben Keating in the IMSA WeatherTech series, running his #33 Riley AMG GT3 in the 1980's Wynn's retro livery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPODBzxxAYM
Hey Daniel, check your pm's please. Thanks
Old 02-18-2019, 12:35 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 815 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
Hey Daniel, check your pm's please. Thanks
My friend where have you been.

Peter
Old 02-18-2019, 03:47 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold

My friend where have you been.

Peter
Under a 944 haha...hope you're doing well!
Old 02-18-2019, 05:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Got a price of Finspeed 20" wheels for GT3 at around $9500. I am looking either Forgeline or HRE. Forgelines are race proven and cost a little less. I also like the OZ Super Forgiatta forged wheels at around $7100.

Last edited by mdrums; 02-18-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:05 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Got a price of Finspeed 20" wheels for GT3 at around $9500. I am looking either Forgeline or HRE. Forgelines are race proven and cost a little less. I also like the OZ Super Forgiatta forged wheels at around $7100.
I have bought 5 sets of the forgelines (3 sets for GT3 and 2 sets for Gt4). They have been flawless on track. Very strong, very lightweight. And $5k to $6k for a set. Hard to beat.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
If you want to PM me exactly what you're looking for with the Finspeeds I'll be happy to work up a quote for you. $9500 seems absurdly high even if you got every single option available. Most of my customers are getting 18s under $5000. 20s will not cost another $4500.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by 911therapy
I have bought 5 sets of the forgelines (3 sets for GT3 and 2 sets for Gt4). They have been flawless on track. Very strong, very lightweight. And $5k to $6k for a set. Hard to beat.
I've had multiple sets of Forgelines on multiple cars. Outstanding products and service. I wouldn't put any other wheel on my car
Old 02-19-2019, 07:59 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by 911therapy
Thanks...yes probably going with Forgeline. Ive had a set before...I trust them and there pricing seems to be better than HRE and BBS. I trust BBS and HRE and OZ too...for the track thats about it

Quick Reply: What's up with Finspeed?