Sponsored by:

According to Porsche's announcement of the .2GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
You're a highly regarded dealership. If a dealer is getting a limited number of allocation,why would they lead many customers to believe they will get an allocation by inputting V70 information? For an example, if you anticipate 6 RS allocations, why have 20 clients input V70 data? I am not criticizing the practice but trying to understand the logic. In my twisted mind, I think it's a sales technique getting the client into the door and possible sale of other models.
Its called signaling - if you don’t ask you don’t get. If you can demonstrate significant demand you can use that to argue for more allocations. There may be rules for how allocations are distributed, but whenever people are involved there will always negotiations.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:58 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, putting in an order demand (V70) is the only way to go. I did that today.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:22 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

^^^ Ditto. Done!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:12 PM
M3EVO
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those prices you guys pay.

I am so jealous.

Base price over here is 275.000 Euro. With some options 325.000 Euro (that’s without the Weisach package).

That’s 400.000 dollar! Crazy!
Old 02-24-2018, 10:35 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EVO
Those prices you guys pay.

I am so jealous.

Base price over here is 275.000 Euro. With some options 325.000 Euro (that’s without the Weisach package).

That’s 400.000 dollar! Crazy!
Wow, its almost 2X in Europe? It makes me feel better now LOL.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:30 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,953 Likes on 555 Posts

You're a highly regarded dealership. If a dealer is getting a limited number of allocation,why would they lead many customers to believe they will get an allocation by inputting V70 information? For an example, if you anticipate 6 RS allocations, why have 20 clients input V70 data? I am not criticizing the practice but trying to understand the logic. In my twisted mind, I think it's a sales technique getting the client into the door and possible sale of other models.
Nick- more FaceTime with clients is always good.

Also- we have had an established list for 11 months on this car and all other GT cars (and upcoming GT4/Box Spyder)

I cut off the list at 25 a year ago, we will enter all 25 people into v70. I will take deposits from top 3-6 people and see what happens.

Rather than charge over msrp I am encouraging my customers to take Euro Delivery. My goal is to grow the allocations for the store.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:13 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Nick- more FaceTime with clients is always good.

Also- we have had an established list for 11 months on this car and all other GT cars (and upcoming GT4/Box Spyder)

I cut off the list at 25 a year ago, we will enter all 25 people into v70. I will take deposits from top 3-6 people and see what happens.

Rather than charge over msrp I am encouraging my customers to take Euro Delivery. My goal is to grow the allocations for the store.
Thanks for your response. It sounds like a fair way to handle this delicate situation. One hand lends a helping hand to the other.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:53 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 500 Posts

Nick,

Entering a V70 information into the system for every order is what Porsche suppose each and every single dealer to do. It doesn't matter how many allocations each ended up getting. The V70 info is for PAG to gauge the demand of the product.

Most dealers, especially those that are established, knows what ballpark number they are getting for each GT cars. so the skip entering informations and configs into the system just so they can play around with their 'allocations' and squeeze more money out of customers. Each order that is entered into the system that are confirmed cannot be changed, so the dealer loses a 'slot' to play with.

Quite a few dealers are in hot waters right now, not just with PCNA, but with PAG, because they didn't enter GT2RS configs into the system before the cut off for PTS+Weissach as some of the VIPs got approved for PTS earlier. Those VIPs loses out on their PTS slots. Obviously the VIPs are not happy, a few are very well connected and raise hell with the top of the food chain. Dealers' case hinges on their 'email' correspondences with PCNA, not the actual orders entered properly into the system, and PAG only counts orders in the system. These dealers might face serious consequences down the road.

For your example, if a dealer is only gets 6 allocations, but he entered 20 V70s, in the end, PAG might see the demand is there and give that dealer a bonus car or 2. PCNA always have pooled allocations that they give out to dealers after.

As for CJ saying he wishes people take Euro delivery, cause Porsche gives out 'bonus' allocations to dealers for each euro delivery. Most of the time it's car for car. So if someone takes a Turbo S for Euro delivery, the dealer gets another Turbo S allocations. For GT cars it might not happen but one never know, but even for GT car the dealer will get another replacement allocation anyway if not a GT car.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:39 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Nick,

Entering a V70 information into the system for every order is what Porsche suppose each and every single dealer to do. It doesn't matter how many allocations each ended up getting. The V70 info is for PAG to gauge the demand of the product.

Most dealers, especially those that are established, knows what ballpark number they are getting for each GT cars. so the skip entering informations and configs into the system just so they can play around with their 'allocations' and squeeze more money out of customers. Each order that is entered into the system that are confirmed cannot be changed, so the dealer loses a 'slot' to play with.

Quite a few dealers are in hot waters right now, not just with PCNA, but with PAG, because they didn't enter GT2RS configs into the system before the cut off for PTS+Weissach as some of the VIPs got approved for PTS earlier. Those VIPs loses out on their PTS slots. Obviously the VIPs are not happy, a few are very well connected and raise hell with the top of the food chain. Dealers' case hinges on their 'email' correspondences with PCNA, not the actual orders entered properly into the system, and PAG only counts orders in the system. These dealers might face serious consequences down the road.

For your example, if a dealer is only gets 6 allocations, but he entered 20 V70s, in the end, PAG might see the demand is there and give that dealer a bonus car or 2. PCNA always have pooled allocations that they give out to dealers after.

As for CJ saying he wishes people take Euro delivery, cause Porsche gives out 'bonus' allocations to dealers for each euro delivery. Most of the time it's car for car. So if someone takes a Turbo S for Euro delivery, the dealer gets another Turbo S allocations. For GT cars it might not happen but one never know, but even for GT car the dealer will get another replacement allocation anyway if not a GT car.
Your statement about Euro delivery is true. The statement about V070 orders being used as a gauge to measure demand is also true.

Everything else is totally false.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:44 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Delete
Old 02-25-2018, 10:20 AM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts

Any system or process can be abused, but to assume that every system or process will be abused is just cynical and wrong. I think the V070 system works for most people, so long as they understand how it works. It is not a guarantee, it is an attempt by the dealership to get you an allocation, and if they have a basic idea of how many allocations they usually get, they can tell you what your chances are of getting a true allocation. As an example is C.J. Ichiban, a dealer who posted on this thread. He will have 25 v070 submitted to let Porsche know he has at least 25 customers ready to buy. Out of these 25, he will take deposits from 3-6 people. I assume it means he has a high degree of confidence he will get at least 3-6 cars. Not a guarantee, but a high level of confidence given prior experience. The rest of the list has to understand that their chance of getting one from this dealer is small, but having this dealer submit a V070 in their name may help get more allocations and hey, one can hope, right?
Old 02-25-2018, 11:03 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

I have purchased 10 Porsche’s in the past 17 years many of which were GT cars. Not once have I submitted V70 data prior to getting an allocation. I’ll check with dealer if I should submit one but I suspect they will tell me we know you want one.

i guess with Porsche you learn something new each day.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:48 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Nick - You do not need to submit any v070 data. You don’t need to do anything different than what you’ve done in the past 17 years.
------
Sometimes, PCNA will use pending v070 orders to show Zuffenhausen the aggregate demand in the US and Canada. Again - in aggregate.

Some dealers use v070 submittals to help keep their deposits and pending orders organized. Many do not. The theory is, a dealer can show a regional manager two pending v070 orders for, say, a Targa 4 GTS; then, during the next distribution of allocations, the regional manager can match supply to demand and put one or two Targa 4 GTS’s into that dealers EHB. That’s the theory behind it….however, it’s very hit/miss. Most dealers feel as though they are going to get XX number of a particular allocation no matter what is showing in their v070 order bank.

On the very high demand cars, such as GT cars and Turbo S cabriolets, no one believes that putting v070 orders in their order bank will increase supply to satisfy those orders. Any dealer could go onto a public Porsche forum, lead an entire community of enthusiasts to believe they might get a GT3 at MSRP from them, and take 50 deposits from poor souls across the country who will never see an allocation. A dealer who does this is doing it strictly for bragging rights: “Hey Everyone… look how many GT cars I could sell if only evil PCNA and evil dealers changed their ways.”

On these high demand cars, distribution of allocation is based strictly on a dealer’s 911 share of nation sales. And sometimes there is a contest where a dealer could win an additional allocation.

Whoopsy claimed that dealers know approximately how many GT cars they will receive beforehand. This is only true for the smallest dealers in the country. Those dealers know they might get NONE, ONE or TWO. Never 25. Never 10. Never 6 - UNLESS THEY GO BUY GT3’S FROM OTHER DEALERS FOR ADM USING A FALSE BUYER. For normal to large dealers, they have no clue how many they’re getting - no clue until the email from PCNA arrives. They only thing they assume is that they’ll get some small fraction of what they could sell within their area of responsibility.

All this other nonsense about v070 orders, manipulating orders, orders not changeable (non-PTS) is patently FALSE.

My hope is that this information is used to help clarify things. You guys have been fed a LOT OF BS in the past year by several posters.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:34 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Actually Porsche has a very simple formula for how many allocated cars everyone gets. They turn it in to us in January and spells it out for the year including #'s for each model line...

They also give us projected production (for instance former area rep told me 2,000-2,300 total GT3's for usa) and then the collective dealer network allocations are distributed at 80% of that number. The remaining 20% are available as preconfigured or barely have time to change it type slots that they sprinkle as awards. - mostly for hitting volume targets. Last year we won 3-4 contests and ended up getting some extra pool cars. Couple extra macans, couple GTS, a turbo etc. GT cars are the exact same except some people with Motorsport can allocate individuals a car outside of a dealer. Customer is then told which dealer should be contacted. Dealer knows at that point to be straight up and sell at msrp.

Euro delivery cars are counted against that 20% pool as well. So it's up to dealers that want to grow to be aggressive.

Dealers are free to guess or do the calculus but in general Porsche will not fill every V070 because if it is properly entered then it contains:

Address
Phone number
Email

Which could be cross referenced and if they choose to can flag serial depositors...not sure if they do or not. BUT- it's very easy to know as soon as the dealer finds out how big the pool is, because we all have rolling data which displays what our share of nation % is. Of course past performance is also a frame of reference and when a dealer like Beverly Hills or a huge store got 41 cars last time they know they are not getting 10. Biggest stores get biggest rewards.

So, as always CW an amendment- we know within one standard deviation approximately how many cars will come. Porsche only ramps up- not down.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:36 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Nick you seem like a fantastic customer for your store. They will definitely keep status quo and keep your VIP status. BUT- If they sell and too many people get swept out the top guys might not be in the same boat- new owners new rules like some experienced recently at other dealers.

Quick Reply: According to Porsche's announcement of the .2GT3RS