The stripper is here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 09:20 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

GREAT spec my friend.
nothing fru fru like cougar skin dash leather or mink seat inserts.
i love it.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:45 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Nice car. Love GT Silver on the 991.2 GT3…
Old 02-25-2018, 09:57 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Brave man!! I started with a stripper and ended up with what feels like a whale, only in this case I am still excited

Looking forward to your driving impressions
Old 02-25-2018, 09:59 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks again, guys.

This being NE Ohio with uncertain weather, Porsche Beachwood scheduled a delivery to my home with an enclosed trailer. I've seen the trailer. It's HUGE, with PORSCHE Beachwood emblazoned on the side, and a GT3 RS flying across it. It'll be like a circus trailer coming into my quiet neighborhood. LOL. I just checked the weather. It's actually going to be in the 60's, partly cloudy. Rain has washed off all the salt. I'm going to cancel the delivery trailer, and pick the car up at the dealership and drive it home. Less ostentatious, more low key. More my style. I can't wait!! I'll post more pics, especially the interior, when I get it home.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:04 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Excellent. The drive should help with the break in miles. Congrats. Love strippers (mine has even less than your car).
Old 02-26-2018, 12:59 AM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Big or small gas tank?
Old 02-26-2018, 07:06 AM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wmond
Big or small gas tank?
LOL. Neither. It's the "regular" gas tank
Old 02-26-2018, 07:26 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Thanks again, guys.

This being NE Ohio with uncertain weather, Porsche Beachwood scheduled a delivery to my home with an enclosed trailer. I've seen the trailer. It's HUGE, with PORSCHE Beachwood emblazoned on the side, and a GT3 RS flying across it. It'll be like a circus trailer coming into my quiet neighborhood. LOL. I just checked the weather. It's actually going to be in the 60's, partly cloudy. Rain has washed off all the salt. I'm going to cancel the delivery trailer, and pick the car up at the dealership and drive it home. Less ostentatious, more low key. More my style. I can't wait!! I'll post more pics, especially the interior, when I get it home.
Congratulations! I too received mine from Porsche of Beachwood and have to hand it to Phil Snyder there. On a snowy day, a beautiful car hauler with the Porsche artwork arrived to the back alley of my office to drop of my GT3. The delivery process was impeccable and the driver exceptionally courteous and obviously well-versed in delivering such cars. There was something unexplainable about receiving a brand new red Porsche with the snowy white backdrop.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:33 PM
PorscheBeachwood
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations again!

Old 02-27-2018, 07:36 PM
PorscheBeachwood
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Congratulations on the car. I agree Steve Youhana and Beachwood are great to deal with. No games.
Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Congratulations! I too received mine from Porsche of Beachwood and have to hand it to Phil Snyder there. On a snowy day, a beautiful car hauler with the Porsche artwork arrived to the back alley of my office to drop of my GT3. The delivery process was impeccable and the driver exceptionally courteous and obviously well-versed in delivering such cars. There was something unexplainable about receiving a brand new red Porsche with the snowy white backdrop.
Thank you for the kind words!!
Old 02-27-2018, 08:32 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheBeachwood
Congratulations again!

Wow - stunning, every Porsche delivery should come with pictures like these My spec is very similar so this was cool to see.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

THAT'S MY CAR!! Thanks, Steven!

Took the long way home. REALLY long way home, and hit a milestone: 100 miles LOL
Old 02-27-2018, 09:13 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 96 Posts

Palting- I couldn’t believe how fast you were in the video with your old C4S. Can’t wait to see you in this! Beautiful car btw!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:00 PM
PorscheBeachwood
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Palting
THAT'S MY CAR!! Thanks, Steven!

Took the long way home. REALLY long way home, and hit a milestone: 100 miles LOL

That is awesome! Hope to be on track with you this season!!
Old 02-28-2018, 09:34 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

During the wait between ordering the car and the delivery, I voraciously read every thread in this subforum. This led me to form preconceived notions about the car. After taking delivery and driving the first 100 miles, here is one preconceived notion based solely on posts, that I can happily throw away.

"The 991.2 GT3 is too refined". Really? I don't think so. The start up alone is a loud series of explosions. Almost like a gun salute. LOL. It then settles into a low growl, with pops, crackles, as well as rattles to boot. Get it in gear, give it a little gas, and it responds with a snarl, like it's mad at you for not just flooring it. Rapid fire gear shifts are accompanied with rattles, reminding you that this is a racing automatic transmission, not your grandma's slush box auto. This car is LOUD. On the road, you can feel every unevenness and depression, with the suspension immediately telling your butt what it thinks of the road. Too refined? I think it is just perfect, thank you very much. Just the right amount of unruly behavior letting you know it is ready to rumble and fight, a not so subtle hint at a barely contained aggression. Any more unruliness would make it less desirable. And I'm not even pushing it. I am strictly following the rules of break in. I can barely wait to unleash this car on the track, see how it behaves in the engine's comfort zone of 4,000 to 9,000 RPM, screaming around the track in glorious abandon.

One more early impression, this one about the PDK. It just loves to shift. The PDK loves to play with all the gears even as you try to drive like Miz Daisy. You don't even have to brake as you approach a stop light, it downshifts and engine brakes so quickly. As I neared the end of my first 100 miles. I realized that the brakes still needed breaking in. So, on a relatively straight empty highway, I went hard on the brakes and got right back on the gas. This darn PDK downshifted several gears, almost breaking the 4,000 rpm break in barrier. I know it did that to help what it perceived to be a hard braking maneuver, at the end of the back straight for example, but it held the lower gear for a few seconds, almost like it was waiting for us to attack the corner. Of course, there was no corner, so it rapid fire up-shifted to high gear. This is definitely a racing automatic transmission.

Originally Posted by PorscheBeachwood
That is awesome! Hope to be on track with you this season!!
I know Beachwood sponsors a DE sometime this spring at Mid-Ohio, Steven. I hope to get the break in done by then so I can join you. Only 1,900 miles more to go!

Quick Reply: The stripper is here.