Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miscommunication surrounding 991.2 GT3 RS Deposit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 03:49 AM
PTGFAR
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If the problem was that the dealer did not have enough allocations, wouldn't they have informed the customer and asked if he wanted to leave his deposit with them to remain on the list for the next generation?
Old 02-18-2018, 04:47 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Jockey
No I have it in writing!!
Have what in writing exactly? An unconditional offer of a GT3 RS (without any 'subject to availability' or equivalent clauses)? I doubt it.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:17 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

I'm sorry, first world problems, no? You got money back, could be worse. I shouldn't probably say anything here, but money was returned and ok, no car delivered...I just can't see what harm other than what? Granted I have had a few to many tonight and I am getting married tomorrow, but damn so many things can go wrong in this world and this is an issue? Things could be so much worse...just saying?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:40 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Same thing happened to me on last round of RS. My spot was sold to an out of towner who called and offered massive ADM for allocation, dealer told me they couldn’t turn it down. Thankfully I found another dealer with build slot and got a car. Getting these GT cars is a royal pain in behind since they have become status symbols instead of track toys as intended.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:56 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Unfortunately the this experience is going to happen again and again unless the order/sale method changes. Everyone argues it cant, or this or that doesn't work here, so this is what happens.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:37 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 96 Posts

An interesting aspect on deposits is on multiple cars I left a deposit check with the "for" section of the check filled out by me with the year and model of the car on the check. Most of these deposits were early in the game hence I was assured of being #1 on the list. While i did get the cars except for one, on closing I found they never deposited my original check. I think now there must be something to the legal aspect of not cashing the check. I.e you really have no contract unless that check is cashed.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:53 AM
FEKGT3
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Paul Miller is an MSRP dealership. I've worked with Nick over there and had a great experience. They are one of the most well run dealers around.
Nick is great and so are others. Problem is they don’t make the decisions at the store.
Friend of mine paid over msrp from Paul Miller, some excuse of extra allocation but he paid and they accepted.
I’ve been list with them for 991.2 RS and am confident until prices go to msrp or below I’ll never get a car.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:57 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

I have deposits left with six dealers, and I bet 5/6 don't get me an allocation and I'll have to track them down to get deposits back...
Old 02-18-2018, 10:16 AM
oceancarrera
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It had to happen. All these great new models coming out all at once almost. Porsche doesn't like to rush anymore example: (3.8) lesson.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:43 AM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
The OP is no flipper , in fact a very keen and capable track fellow who after just a couple of years experience, was amongst the quickest lap times at the Glen last summer at a PCA event , where I learned of his talent and good company , he handily exploiting the benefits of his investment in safety and suspension improvements to his .1 - 3 ; later learned his talent evolved from extensive two wheeled time on track . Guys how would you like open your mail to find a returned deposit on a two year old written deal , on car you are so eager for that, you thought well enough in advance to put your money down . Seems to me pretty lame of PM to not even give a client of such stature a call first . A bit Cowardly and disrespectful to treat a customer in such fashion . were not talking quarter pounders and fries here customer service but I guess the case with PM , not the best way to handle having likely taken to many deposits .
Sorry to hear Bummer

the frustrating thing of it , he would actually drive the car and even on the track
seeing the market with these offered for sale with out even break in miles is evidence of the problem for guys that want to use the car for the purpose they were built .
Thanks Deacon. It means a lot coming from you. Thank you for understanding my disgust and frustration. I don't know what else I need to do in order to get an RS whose neck I can wring on the track I'm really tired of playing these stupid games with these greedy dealers. In a way I don't blame them. They just want to make a quick buck and there is no oversight from PCNA. It's the Wild Wild West. Robbing banks is illegal but if nobody enforced the laws and no one got arrested for doing so everyone would be robbing banks. It's just human nature. Sad but true!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 11:00 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Jockey
They just want to make a quick buck and there is no oversight from PCNA. It's the Wild Wild West. Robbing banks is illegal but if nobody enforced the laws and no one got arrested for doing so everyone would be robbing banks. It's just human nature. Sad but true!!!
So true. It's sad and disappointing. Bummer to hear this happened to you. The guys that really want to use these cars are getting screwed.

I'm waiting to see what will happen to the deposit on put down at an msrp dealer 2.5 years ago
Old 02-18-2018, 11:13 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
So true. It's sad and disappointing. Bummer to hear this happened to you. The guys that really want to use these cars are getting screwed.

I'm waiting to see what will happen to the deposit on put down at an msrp dealer 2.5 years ago
For the brand this isn’t an acceptable practice. Why not just place your order through Porsche, select the dealer to take delivery from, and then that dealer makes the standard profit. Porsche builds those cars, then makes more so each dealer has stock for the guy walking in and losing his **** when he sees the thing?
Old 02-18-2018, 11:17 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I think I'm more generally disgusted with Porsche dealers overall. Yes, some are good. Yes, some have no problem selling GT at $30k over MSRP. My issue is that as a loyal Porsche owner with 3 Turbo S's purchased over the past few years, I'm still jerked around about future cars, and the same few guys seem to get all new allocations. I offered $50k over for a GT2 RS, then $65k, and the dealer literally laughed at me. I believe Porsche should be more involved somehow in the fairness of all of this, and not allow cars to go over MSRP. I don't know how this would work, but something has to be done, and I don't expect the dealers to be interested in helping matters. I'm considering McLaren next time.

And don't get me started on the service department at dealerships...
Old 02-18-2018, 11:20 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default CALL PNA 800.767-7243

Time to go up the flag pole and give your dealer some grief from above.
Call PNA at 800.767-7243 and raise an issue. PNA thinks dealers are supposed to be establishing relationships with customers but actions like these divide customers

Originally Posted by mooty
porsche of montery did exactly that. refunded all 991.2GT3 deposits
i am no lawyer, but isnt deposit constitute a contract.
how can a contract be unilaterally cancelled?

Originally Posted by mooty
i understand that sometimes dealer do not know how many they will get. but...

1. at monterey porsche, they refunded ALL GT3 deposit and they told me for $30k, i will get one. that is not right
2. if paul miller didn't get as many as expected and thus refunded OP that's ok. BUT THEY NEED TO CALL the customer and explain. you cannot just refund it and avoid the issue. its like you ordered a cashmere suit in blue. they ran out. so they just give you a red suit or give your money back can call it a day.....

Last edited by Perimeter; 02-18-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

The ADMs on the .2 RS will be stupid. It looks like the Dealers already may have their allocations but probably forbidden to start transacting until PAG gives tbe green light.

If I were you why not pick up a .1 RS. There are plenty for sale and timing close to being right. Do not get so hung on getting the shiniest RS.

Quick Reply: Miscommunication surrounding 991.2 GT3 RS Deposit