Trade my 2017 R8 V10 Plus for your 2016 RS? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Trade my 2017 R8 V10 Plus for your 2016 RS?

Reply

Old 02-13-2018, 03:49 PM
  #16
Damage
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Malibu
Posts: 412
Default

Originally Posted by ajag View Post
Yeah, and the R8's value will continue to drop even faster than the .2 GT3 ADMs evaporate.

If you are certain you are done w the R8 just take the pain now and get out of it for the hit, unfortunately.
I'm not certain. Just entertaining a thought. It's a great car and I'm sure I would love it more once I can open it up. Right now it's still in the break-in period. I just figured someone would want something more daily drive-able, NA powered, 100HP more, and mid-engined.
Damage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:03 PM
  #17
shapiroeric
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
shapiroeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Longmeadow, MA
Posts: 1,874
Default

Originally Posted by Damage View Post
It's Nardo Gray.


I looked on autotrader and noticed a few from as low as $208k to $215k for cars with less than 10k miles so this is why I assume it's possible as those are asking. MSRP for my R8 was $206k. I think adding $30k on top would be for cars with under 5k miles.
Problem is your car probably retails for $30K off sticker....and ask prices are not too far off selling prices for the RS.....the dealer is gonna want to make money on your R8....I think your spread is going to be more than $30K cash.....
shapiroeric is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:19 PM
  #18
RobbieRob
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
RobbieRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: PA Suburbs
Posts: 309
Default

Originally Posted by Damage View Post
I'm not certain. Just entertaining a thought. It's a great car and I'm sure I would love it more once I can open it up. Right now it's still in the break-in period. I just figured someone would want something more daily drive-able, NA powered, 100HP more, and mid-engined.
I would just keep it, its a great daily, canyon carver, long distance cruiser that gets plenty of looks and is fast as hell, and the sound of that 10 cylinder is just awesome. With the money that you would lose on a trade or trade in(if you did), just go buy a used (30-40k) Camaro SS 1LE manual for the track if you are looking at something more track focused. A couple tweaks(tires R7's/suspension) and it will be as fast as a GT3RS at most circuits. and more fun since its a manual, AND CHEAPER TO FIX IF WRECKED.
RobbieRob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:53 PM
  #19
shapiroeric
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
shapiroeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Longmeadow, MA
Posts: 1,874
Default

Originally Posted by RobbieRob View Post
I would just keep it, its a great daily, canyon carver, long distance cruiser that gets plenty of looks and is fast as hell, and the sound of that 10 cylinder is just awesome. With the money that you would lose on a trade or trade in(if you did), just go buy a used (30-40k) Camaro SS 1LE manual for the track if you are looking at something more track focused. A couple tweaks(tires R7's/suspension) and it will be as fast as a GT3RS at most circuits. and more fun since its a manual, AND CHEAPER TO FIX IF WRECKED.
V10 is definitely a great sounding engine.....
shapiroeric is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:56 PM
  #20
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 7,756
Default

Originally Posted by shapiroeric View Post
V10 is definitely a great sounding engine but doesn't the '17 only come with an "auto"......
Yeh- no more gated shifter. If they brought back the gated shifter, rear wheel drive only, and some more light weight parts they would sell quite a few of them.
Jimmy-D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:16 PM
  #21
Dr.Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr.Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 2,853
Default

Originally Posted by midwestamv8 View Post
Yep. There's a brand new 2017 R8 V10 Plus at a local dealership for $30k off... http://www.audiflatirons.com/new/Aud...845b137e61.htm
That's the one I considered trading my GT3 for. Apparently there is now a deposit on the car.

Honestly, I think the GT3 is a more daily drive-able car than an R8. Even in Scottsdale, an R8 still gathers absurd amounts of attention. A GT3 is mostly ignored. An R8 is certainly more exotic and the V10 is brutal. If it were rear-wheel drive and lost about 500 pounds, it could be something amazing!
Dr.Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:38 PM
  #22
shapiroeric
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
shapiroeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Longmeadow, MA
Posts: 1,874
Default

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill View Post
That's the one I considered trading my GT3 for. Apparently there is now a deposit on the car.

Honestly, I think the GT3 is a more daily drive-able car than an R8. Even in Scottsdale, an R8 still gathers absurd amounts of attention. A GT3 is mostly ignored. An R8 is certainly more exotic and the V10 is brutal. If it were rear-wheel drive and lost about 500 pounds, it could be something amazing!
Beautiful car at a great price.....
shapiroeric is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:01 PM
  #23
17bhub
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
17bhub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Posts: 132
Default

Originally Posted by shapiroeric View Post
Problem is your car probably retails for $30K off sticker....and ask prices are not too far off selling prices for the RS.....the dealer is gonna want to make money on your R8....I think your spread is going to be more than $30K cash.....
Agreed here
17bhub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:07 PM
  #24
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 7,756
Default

Does a Dealer take a haircut when discounting that much or is the "Mother ship" telling them to discount and they will be covered. I always wondered about this. I mean, how is Acura protecting their Dealers for all these NSXs sitting on their floors.??
Jimmy-D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:30 PM
  #25
Bloose993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bloose993TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 816
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
Does a Dealer take a haircut when discounting that much or is the "Mother ship" telling them to discount and they will be covered. I always wondered about this. I mean, how is Acura protecting their Dealers for all these NSXs sitting on their floors.??
I know they put $30k cash on them in October. Doesn't seem to be helping much. If Acura stuck with the original blueprint - N/A, lightweight, RWD & manual we wouldn't of been having this discussion.
Bloose993TT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:57 PM
  #26
OCturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
OCturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: orange county, CA
Posts: 720
Default

A little while back Acura was giving dealers $50k in trunk money for the NSX. In addition some dealers were discounting another $10k or so off. I saw one that had a msrp of close to $200k for $138k!!
OCturbo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:01 PM
  #27
roger sf
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
roger sf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: sf ca
Posts: 126
Default

I have a 2016 RS that I've now put 5K miles on and DD a 2017 R8 V10+ for 8K over a year. Very different cars. The R8 is an easier car to live with day to day and as good as the RS sounds when wound up, the R8 is better. If tracking the cars at all, the RS is a much better option. In subtle colors The R8 can be pretty stealthy.
roger sf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:21 PM
  #28
-eztrader-
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
-eztrader-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,939
Default

R8, NSX, BMW I8 -

Strange how the designers/ engineers / executives couldn't see what enthusiasts really want to buy / drive. It seems so obvious to us, but yet they can't see it.
-eztrader- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:29 PM
  #29
Archimedes
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Archimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,900
Default

The price/value difference is one thing; the hard part is going to be finding an RS owner who wants to trade into an R8.
Archimedes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:55 PM
  #30
shapiroeric
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
shapiroeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Longmeadow, MA
Posts: 1,874
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
Does a Dealer take a haircut when discounting that much or is the "Mother ship" telling them to discount and they will be covered. I always wondered about this. I mean, how is Acura protecting their Dealers for all these NSXs sitting on their floors.??
It is probably like other manufacturer discounts.....Acura takes the hit and reimburses the dealer....if they sell it for $30K under with the discount it's the same as selling for MSRP.....most people don't realize that they can be beaten even lower......
shapiroeric is online now  
Reply With Quote
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GTSBoneDoc
Other Marque Discussions
3
08-08-2017 02:09 AM
jwalton
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
118
02-28-2017 11:24 AM
GT3 KSA
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
79
02-03-2017 10:40 AM
ipse dixit
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
76
12-14-2016 04:59 PM
MM3.9GT3
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
30
09-14-2016 08:48 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: