RS @ Porsche San Diego - Anyone seen it? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

RS @ Porsche San Diego - Anyone seen it?

Old 02-11-2018, 09:28 PM
RazzleDazzle
User

Default RS @ Porsche San Diego - Anyone seen it?

I made an offer on this CPO'd 991 RS at Porsche San Diego. Offer has been accepted but I am buying unseen since I live in Florida. Does anyone know much about this car? History, condition etc...? Be great to have someones seal of approval on the cars condition. Thanks in advance.

https://www.porscheofsandiego.com/in...tallic+1712337
Old 02-11-2018, 10:09 PM
FourT6and2
User

Big mistake buying sight unseen. At least fly out to look at the car first. Airfare is what... $800? It'll save you a lot of hassle in the end if something is up with the car.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:23 PM
0to60
Addict
Rennlist Member

You are spending almost a 1/4 million dollars on used car, FLY IN to the dealer and see it !
Old 02-11-2018, 10:25 PM
RazzleDazzle
User

I have already considered that, and may still fly in. Unfortunately my schedule this week doesn't allow it. I was just asking for some advice about the car itself, that is all.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:20 PM
rxtrom
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll usually start with googling the VIN to see if it was for sale anywhere else before being traded into the selling dealer. Doesn't look to be the case with this car. Are you sure we cannot interest you in a .2 GT3 with 40k ADM for the same amount of money?

Nice car. Congrats.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:26 PM
RazzleDazzle
User

Originally Posted by rxtrom View Post
I'll usually start with googling the VIN to see if it was for sale anywhere else before being traded into the selling dealer. Doesn't look to be the case with this car. Are you sure we cannot interest you in a .2 GT3 with 40k ADM for the same amount of money?

Nice car. Congrats.
Haha thanks for the info, good stuff. I have a 2018 I'll be trading actually.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:52 PM
DrKid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
I made an offer on this CPO'd 991 RS at Porsche San Diego. Offer has been accepted but I am buying unseen since I live in Florida. Does anyone know much about this car? History, condition etc...? Be great to have someones seal of approval on the cars condition. Thanks in advance.

https://www.porscheofsandiego.com/in...tallic+1712337
Hey Razzle - My work is about 10 min from this dealership - if you are in a bind I can drive by tomorrow at lunch and take a look at it.
I'm no Porsche Mechanic and sure as sh*t would not trust me to verify any mechanical issues or concerns - but I can at least get impartial eyes on the product and make sure it is represented correctly?

Let me know

E
Old 02-12-2018, 02:25 AM
Nick
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have purchased more than 10 Porsche’s from this dealership. They are very reputable and honest. I have not seen the car but if they say it’s in excellent condition more then likely it is. Let Dr. kid take a look and report to you.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:03 AM
disden
User

Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
Haha thanks for the info, good stuff. I have a 2018 I'll be trading actually.
curious on your thoughts about why trading in your new GT3. I have both, and if I had to choose between them I’d keep my RS, so I understand! The group think on RL is that the 991.2 GT3 is far superior to even the 991.1 RS, personally I just don’t agree. Thanks and enjoy.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:45 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I don’t think we think as a group( this forum thinks less as a group than any other forum) that it’s far superior, in fact most here think just the letters RS mean a LOT. It’s just the new motor comes straight from the RSR, other than some don’t like the huge wing, lots would take an RS most days.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:17 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have seen this car when I picked up my RS for service. Again, not a detailed inspection but it looked new to me. I agree with Nick above, very honest and straight forward dealership. No funny business going on here. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:34 PM
RazzleDazzle
User

Originally Posted by rxtrom View Post

Nice car. Congrats.
Originally Posted by DrKid View Post
Hey Razzle - My work is about 10 min from this dealership - if you are in a bind I can drive by tomorrow at lunch and take a look at it.
I'm no Porsche Mechanic and sure as sh*t would not trust me to verify any mechanical issues or concerns - but I can at least get impartial eyes on the product and make sure it is represented correctly?

Let me know

E
That would be fantastic if its not too much trouble. Much appreciated. Ryan
Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 PM
RazzleDazzle
User

Originally Posted by disden View Post

curious on your thoughts about why trading in your new GT3. I have both, and if I had to choose between them I’d keep my RS, so I understand! The group think on RL is that the 991.2 GT3 is far superior to even the 991.1 RS, personally I just don’t agree. Thanks and enjoy.
I traded my RS for the 991.2 GT3. Love the new motor but visually the RS just has me still. I think the new GT3 is great and a big step forward on a 991.1 GT3 but it will never be an RS.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 PM
RazzleDazzle
User

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid View Post
I have seen this car when I picked up my RS for service. Again, not a detailed inspection but it looked new to me. I agree with Nick above, very honest and straight forward dealership. No funny business going on here. Good luck.
Cool, thank you, great info.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:53 PM
452gt3
User

I looked at this car recently and if I was in the market for an RS I would have bought it, great dealer no problems there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS @ Porsche San Diego - Anyone seen it?

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: