Sponsored by:

Need Advice on Wraps and Nano Coating

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:20 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Need Advice on Wraps and Nano Coating

My new 2018 GT3 just arrived at my dealer in Westwood, Ma.

What products do you recommend I use?
XPel Ultimate Wrap
Opti-Coat Pro+
CQuartz Finest
Ceramic Pro

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 01-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Congrats on your .2. I use Quinticentialcarcare in Burlington. He's done all my porsches and mercs and always been satisfied. Ben, the owner, is a great guy. I've done nano coating/xpel on all my cars
cheers
Old 01-08-2018, 11:04 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

Congratulations on the car! Please share some pictures, would love to see! I have worked in the industry of clear bra and ceramic coatings in the past, so here is my take:

For the ultimate protection and ease of cleaning, wrap the car entirely in Xpel Ultimate, then coat the clear bra in your favorite ceramic coating. All the ones you mentioned are great, but keep in mind, none are truly "permanent" as they claim (if paint isn't permanent, how will the coating be?). Plan to give the car an in depth detail and re-coat once a year. Because of this, I recommend going for the cheaper coating package, as the more expensive ones are usually marketing ploys, and don't adhere well to clear bra.

Clear bra prevents against rock chips and scratches, whereas ceramic coating makes cleaning the vehicle as easy as possible. Just a word of caution, many ceramic coatings claim they prevent rock chips, scratches, swirls etc, but this is completely untrue. Only a clear bra, a true physical barrier, can accomplish this. But, ceramic coating does make the paint and or clear bra extremely glossy, and NOTHING will stick to it! No dirt, dust, grime etc. Try it out on your wheels. Makes life so much easier!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:07 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I really like 3M pro series with Cquartz. 3M has the best warranty in the business, and it looks great. Used it on a few cars now with great results. A lot of people have said this, and I agree - find a really good installer and use the materials they specialize in. that will get you the best results.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:43 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

I went with Unique Car Care in Andover. Full Xpel + Cquartz and it's been great, just wipe it down once in a while. Best black car ownership experience ever.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 AM
YOCOHO
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Psup4s
Congrats on your .2. I use Quinticentialcarcare in Burlington. He's done all my porsches and mercs and always been satisfied. Ben, the owner, is a great guy. I've done nano coating/xpel on all my cars
cheers
Thank you for the information.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:27 AM
YOCOHO
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
Congratulations on the car! Please share some pictures, would love to see! I have worked in the industry of clear bra and ceramic coatings in the past, so here is my take:

For the ultimate protection and ease of cleaning, wrap the car entirely in Xpel Ultimate, then coat the clear bra in your favorite ceramic coating. All the ones you mentioned are great, but keep in mind, none are truly "permanent" as they claim (if paint isn't permanent, how will the coating be?). Plan to give the car an in depth detail and re-coat once a year. Because of this, I recommend going for the cheaper coating package, as the more expensive ones are usually marketing ploys, and don't adhere well to clear bra.

Clear bra prevents against rock chips and scratches, whereas ceramic coating makes cleaning the vehicle as easy as possible. Just a word of caution, many ceramic coatings claim they prevent rock chips, scratches, swirls etc, but this is completely untrue. Only a clear bra, a true physical barrier, can accomplish this. But, ceramic coating does make the paint and or clear bra extremely glossy, and NOTHING will stick to it! No dirt, dust, grime etc. Try it out on your wheels. Makes life so much easier!
That's the what I've heard.
Thank you
Old 01-09-2018, 11:28 AM
YOCOHO
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shizzle
I really like 3M pro series with Cquartz. 3M has the best warranty in the business, and it looks great. Used it on a few cars now with great results. A lot of people have said this, and I agree - find a really good installer and use the materials they specialize in. that will get you the best results.
I have two friends that have recommended both of these products. Thank you
Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 AM
YOCOHO
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ajw45
I went with Unique Car Care in Andover. Full Xpel + Cquartz and it's been great, just wipe it down once in a while. Best black car ownership experience ever.
I talked with them yesterday I'm leaning towards using them. Can you share with me the cost? Did you go through your car dealer?

Thanks
Old 02-13-2018, 01:21 AM
Dealer1671Guru
Rennlist Member

Q care and Unique are like factory's now. If you want the best, truly the best... Talk to Tony at Accurate Automotive Service in Woburn, MA. He used to work with one of those 2 earlier mentioned companies and he's by far the most talented individual in the area. Genuinely an honest person who does phenomenal work. He doesn't cut corners, works on everything HIMSELF. spends the right amount of time on the car, actually applies the coatings in a well thought out manner. Impossible to get better service in the area. I send him all my Porsche clients cars, never seen anybody better.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Wraps and Nano Coating