Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not new news- but PTS canceled for my order

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 11:45 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

MB is a tweener color to me, one that just misses the mark by a smidge, but it makes all the difference in the world. It's not quite deep enough to be a good darker jellybean blue like Voodoo, and it has too much green in it to be a good light blue like Gulf. It's somewhere in the netherworld of meh.

But color is entirely personal preference.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:04 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
That's my dilemma. I've seen Miami Blue in person on other, non-GT cars and I didn't like it because the rest of the car didn't really suit the color (polished/chrome trim, grills, and shiny wheels, etc.). But with everything else black and PCCB, it looks good in photos. I just wish I could see some GT3s in person other than Chalk. I've seen 3 GT3 now, all Chalk. And they look great. But it's really hard to make a decision sight unseen.
MB I wasn't sure about. However I've seen it in person on 3 GT3s and a Targa. Looks awesome! Heres a pic from earlier this week.

Agree that pics don't do it justice.

Edit - can't upload pic from app
Old 02-10-2018, 12:24 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Add me to the list of ones told today I can’t get pts. Pretty bummed. Now I have a few days to decide between gbm, gts, gr, chalk or black
Old 02-10-2018, 01:17 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw the MB in person on a Targa, and think it will look great on a winged GT3. Also saw a chalk Cayman and really didn't dig it. I think it was the inside lighting but it had a purple hue to it.

It really is all personal preference.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:47 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Lot’s of talk about this color here, thought I’d share my experience. Fell in love with this color through pictures. Then saw in showroom at local dealer and loved it even more. Soft, gorgeous shade of blue.

But then I saw the color outdoors one day, and I was shocked. Looked like a totally different color. Not for me.

Indoors and outdoors... The inside shot, which I really dig, is not that great of a photo, but the outdoor one depicts the color quite accurately. It’s strikingly bright in person and outdoors.

This one is closer to how I think it looks in person. It's turquoise. Basically how water looks in a pool or in the Caribbean or you know, in Miami But in any event, my color of choice would be PTS Mint Green if I could get it.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:33 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

My mexico blue is a May delivery - am I at risk of getting PTS cancelled?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:43 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Same here for me, called Porsche USA HQ and same message. PTS window is closed. Now I can’t get the signal green I want. Same as when I ordered my GT4. Are the special colors like Miami blue considered PTS and locked out as well? Any risk of losing manual and bucket seats? This ordering drama is crazy.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

It would be a real pain for guys wanting PTS touring... I had PTS approved on winged car but had to take PDK if I wanted the allocation.. held off for manual, this was before touring come out. Then touring rumours heated up so held off again for touring.. asked for pts, said no PTS, so felt I was over it by then so went gt silver (changed later to chalk)... then touring with PTS was available but would add another 4-6 months to order.. so stayed with chalk but still slipped out a few months.. Lucky I hadn't waited for PTS as I would still be waiting another six months but now not have PTS and be at risk not getting a car at all if not being built until towards the end of year !
Old 02-10-2018, 10:36 AM
trips
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by anselmw
Same here for me, called Porsche USA HQ and same message. PTS window is closed. Now I can’t get the signal green I want. Same as when I ordered my GT4. Are the special colors like Miami blue considered PTS and locked out as well? Any risk of losing manual and bucket seats? This ordering drama is crazy.
Drama with the PTS ordering is indeed crazy, maybe that's why we are all clamoring for it even at 13k lol Anyways, anything you see on the online configurator (aside from the PTS selection) can be had, Miami blue and buckets included.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:27 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

^Let' s call it s deal
Old 02-10-2018, 12:34 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
My mexico blue is a May delivery - am I at risk of getting PTS cancelled?
Nobody on my check in list is cancelled but they were all V170/V180 before January. Send me details on your build and V status so I can add you to the list. See you're in Oregon- me too! Sunset?
Old 02-10-2018, 12:35 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

deleted- repost
Old 02-10-2018, 12:46 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by anselmw
Are the special colors like Miami blue considered PTS and locked out as well?
The “special” colors are in no way considered PTS and thus they are not locked out. In fact, other than the special pricing, it has always escaped me what exactly makes them special. Switching to one should be no problem.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:33 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
hmm. I was told by PCNA that my pts paint is ordered but my build date is in April.
also hard to believe that the two top colors are pts. see here:

you don't have to believe me and out of respect not naming her, but she told me that's why PTS is cacncelled. Too many cars and it forces them to only be able to do fewer cars per bay per day. Given she works in atlanta for CCX I think she would know.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:33 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts

The “special” colors are in no way considered PTS and thus they are not locked out. In fact, other than the special pricing, it has always escaped me what exactly makes them special. Switching to one should be no problem.
special colors are not PTS

Quick Reply: not new news- but PTS canceled for my order