Sponsored by:

not new news- but PTS canceled for my order

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 04:27 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
As a tiny consolation for those who unfortunately didn't get PTS they wanted, at least the standard color offerings on the .2 are stunning and diverse IMO $13K to go towards options instead!!!
1) Fanboy?

or

2) Too much Koolaid?

or

3) AOTA

Old 02-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

I guess mine will get axed as well. GT Silver was my #2 so...
Old 02-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
No PTS = bad news
GT3 allocation = great news
First world problems
Yup... at this point I say just be glad/content for a sure allocation especially more so if at msrp.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:34 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

definitely counting my blessings on an allocation and at MSRP....
Old 02-09-2018, 04:43 PM
trips
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Yes sir. Bummed on the PTS but you've already got some of those. A Touring allocation is a rare bird indeed and the available pallet offers numerous options for a well-optioned car.
Indeed. Talk soon D.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:00 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by dlb
It's bollocks. Let's march on the factory. Wait until the weather warms up a bit, yeah?
You're funny.

To those who got axed pts, don't sweat it.. that touring looks beautiful in basic colors as well. And $13k is a lot, maybe too much. Some days I feel like I overspent for no reason. If you have a manual gt3 in your garage or coming you won the lottery. (If you got pdk I'm sorry, but that's a different thread)
Old 02-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Sorry all to hear the bad news. I was looking forward to seeing them all.

Do what I did- Stealth your whole car w/Xpel and you will have a unique finish that looks like a Satin paint job. Half the cost of PTS and you protect the original paint. Best thing I ever did and I love how my Black .2 turned out. I kind of got screwed with my deal and ended up with not necessarily the ideal color that I would of selected but things happen for a reason. My Wife loves Black sport cars and she thinks my .2 is the hottest sports car I have ever owned- good thing.

Look at WAXERS's LO RS - I do not like LO but boy do I like the Stealth film on his car. Changes the way light reflects off it to actually a color I like.

It looks like PAG thought doubling the price would scare most off but looks like they did not raise it enough.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

OK, no PTS on mine either, but I did speak with 2 dealers and PCNA. They MAY open it back up on the next allocation, late February, early March. This would still work for me as mines a September build.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:28 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
1) Fanboy?

or

2) Too much Koolaid?

or

3) AOTA

#4 - optimist
Old 02-09-2018, 05:30 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Sorry all to hear the bad news. I was looking forward to seeing them all.

Do what I did- Stealth your whole car w/Xpel and you will have a unique finish that looks like a Satin paint job. Half the cost of PTS and you protect the original paint. Best thing I ever did and I love how my Black .2 turned out. I kind of got screwed with my deal and ended up with not necessarily the ideal color that I would of selected but things happen for a reason. My Wife loves Black sport cars and she thinks my .2 is the hottest sports car I have ever owned- good thing.

Look at WAXERS's LO RS - I do not like LO but boy do I like the Stealth film on his car. Changes the way light reflects off it to actually a color I like.

It looks like PAG thought doubling the price would scare most off but looks like they did not raise it enough.
That's what I might do if I go with Miami Blue—Xpel Stealth. If not MB, then I'll go with Chalk or White. But I can't decide and my build locks in three weeks.

Hell, even Lava Orange looks sick in matte/satin.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:32 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
That's what I might do if I go with Miami Blue—Xpel Stealth. If not MB, then I'll go with Chalk or White. But I can't decide and my build locks in three weeks.

Hell, even Lava Orange looks sick in matte/satin.
I have to say, even as a "conservative" person, I have been fortunate to see all 3 colors on the .2 GT3 and MB really surprised me. I did not like the color when I saw it on a 718 that sat on my dealer's lot, but on the GT3 with the wing and black bits it really popped and fit the car well. I actually thought it was a PTS car at first sight until up close I could tell it wasn't Mexico Blue or another PTS blue variant.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:36 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I have to say, even as a "conservative" person, I have been fortunate to see all 3 colors on the .2 GT3 and MB really surprised me. I did not like the color when I saw it on a 718 that sat on my dealer's lot, but on the GT3 with the wing and black bits it really popped and fit the car well. I actually thought it was a PTS car at first sight until up close I could tell it wasn't Mexico Blue or another PTS blue variant.
That's my dilemma. I've seen Miami Blue in person on other, non-GT cars and I didn't like it because the rest of the car didn't really suit the color (polished/chrome trim, grills, and shiny wheels, etc.). But with everything else black and PCCB, it looks good in photos. I just wish I could see some GT3s in person other than Chalk. I've seen 3 GT3 now, all Chalk. And they look great. But it's really hard to make a decision sight unseen.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
That's my dilemma. I've seen Miami Blue in person on other, non-GT cars and I didn't like it because the rest of the car didn't really suit the color (polished/chrome trim, grills, and shiny wheels, etc.). But with everything else black and PCCB, it looks good in photos. I just wish I could see some GT3s in person other than Chalk. I've seen 3 GT3 now, all Chalk. And they look great. But it's really hard to make a decision sight unseen.
I have seen most colors. I would go MB- Black Wheels/Stealth Wrap/Black door handles/CF Side Mirros/Interior in Platinum Stitching with MB seat belts = YUMMY
Old 02-09-2018, 06:15 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
You're funny.

To those who got axed pts, don't sweat it.. that touring looks beautiful in basic colors as well. And $13k is a lot, maybe too much. Some days I feel like I overspent for no reason. If you have a manual gt3 in your garage or coming you won the lottery. (If you got pdk I'm sorry, but that's a different thread)
Woo Hoo! I won the lottery! That being said, if I truly won the lottery I would have no problem upping the ante for a PTS Manual. My Carmine Red is just so plebian.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:29 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Homeles
OK, no PTS on mine either, but I did speak with 2 dealers and PCNA. They MAY open it back up on the next allocation, late February, early March. This would still work for me as mines a September build.
Really? My dealer informed me today too that my PTS order got cut. My allocation date was pushed back to get in the window, so it's double gut punch. Can you tell me who you talked to at PCNA and contact info? I asked my dealer about the potential for a later slot, and it seemed there wouldn't be additional PTS windows because they are wrapping up GT3 builds.

Quick Reply: not new news- but PTS canceled for my order