First time going to Germany need advice - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

First time going to Germany need advice

Reply

Old 02-13-2018, 03:13 AM
  #46
Asco
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 337
Default

Originally Posted by bmw_e30
I already emailed Manthey about their track day on the 24th. I'm waiting to see cost + car rental options. It will be expensive but once in a lifetime thing.

https://www.manthey-racing.de/en/man...ackday-2018-en
Maybe they will rent their prepped GT3RS
See you there if you decide to come

P.S. Destination Nurburgring is on the next day and is cheaper, as well as not limited to Porsche only, so the car rental will be cheaper as well
Asco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:49 AM
  #47
Psup4s
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Psup4s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston burbs
Posts: 598
Default

Could anyone recommend a good car rental company other than the usual Syxt, avis etc etc.?
thanks
Psup4s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:53 AM
  #48
Kobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Kobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,997
Default

Originally Posted by Psup4s View Post
Could anyone recommend a good car rental company other than the usual Syxt, avis etc etc.?
thanks

Do you know which airport you fly to?
Kobalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:59 AM
  #49
Psup4s
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Psup4s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston burbs
Posts: 598
Default

Originally Posted by Kobalt View Post
Do you know which airport you fly to?
Frankfurt. In the past I have booked E class just to get something else. I would like a company that provides what they advertise.
Thank you
Psup4s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:08 PM
  #50
Kobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Kobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,997
Default

Originally Posted by Psup4s View Post
I would like a company that provides what they advertise.
Why ask for the impossible

I've been most happy with the service of Avis but I usually rent the cheapest available. I've used Alamo, Enterprise and Sixt: all very capable of giving me cheap cars

Maybe this can help:

https://www.mietwagen-check.de
Kobalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:10 PM
  #51
Psup4s
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Psup4s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston burbs
Posts: 598
Default

Originally Posted by Kobalt View Post
Why ask for the impossible

I've been most happy with the service of Avis but I usually rent the cheapest available. I've used Alamo, Enterprise and Sixt: all very capable of giving me cheap cars

Maybe this can help:

https://www.mietwagen-check.de
Thanks Kobalt. Lol @ asking the impossible. I found this site, too rich for my blood but not bad for a couple days rental http://www.gpluxurycarhire.com/c-5-fun-cars-rental
Psup4s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:12 PM
  #52
Kobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Kobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,997
Default

Originally Posted by Psup4s View Post
Thanks Kobalt. Lol @ asking the impossible. I found this site, too rich for my blood but not bad for a couple days rental http://www.gpluxurycarhire.com/c-5-fun-cars-rental
Nice
Kobalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:27 PM
  #53
Psup4s
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Psup4s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston burbs
Posts: 598
Default

If anyone else is interested this site looks like it has great prices https://lurento.com/offers/
Psup4s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:15 PM
  #54
CAFritz
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by Psup4s View Post
If anyone else is interested this site looks like it has great prices https://lurento.com/offers/
Great find, tx much :-) A 981 Boxster for Euro 4k for 3 weeks in September, fantastico!!! Have you rented from them before? If so, what was your experience? Looks like they're a broker facilitating the rentals with other companies/individuals? Cheers.
CAFritz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:24 PM
  #55
Engeljizzle
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO / Orlando, FL
Posts: 296
Default

RING RING RING. Not even a question!!

I've gone 6x since 2012. It's addicting. I'm over the factory in 2hrs.
Engeljizzle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:32 PM
  #56
Larry Cable
Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 16,535
Default

Originally Posted by bmw_e30 View Post
Going to Germany in late May. What some input on what would you do. I think realistically I can only pick one of these options below:

1. Ring for 3 days of driving. I'd rent a car from http://www.rsrnurburg.com/car-rentals
2. Stuttgart for 3 days to visit Porsche and Mercedes factories and museums
When are you going to be there ... I'll be at the Ring 24th-25th @ Manthey and DE days...

p.s
rent from rentracecar.de instead, and get Theo to give you some coaching - I'm not a fan of RSR
Larry Cable is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:34 PM
  #57
Larry Cable
Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 16,535
Default

Originally Posted by Psup4s View Post
Could anyone recommend a good car rental company other than the usual Syxt, avis etc etc.?
thanks
that you can track or not?

many (if not all) of the consumer rental car companies will either not insure, or specifically exclude you, from taking their car onto the Ring etc...
Larry Cable is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:37 PM
  #58
Larry Cable
Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 16,535
Default

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
Suggestions for NŘrburgring:

I'll be there March 8-9... what is going on those days? Good to stay at pistonhause or where? I've already done the bmw 128i rental + instructor.. what to do this time maybe?

Thanks
Am-Tiergarten if you are unaccompanied or Dorint if you aren't.

get a faster car!
Larry Cable is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:40 PM
  #59
Psup4s
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Psup4s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston burbs
Posts: 598
Default

Originally Posted by CAFritz View Post
Great find, tx much :-) A 981 Boxster for Euro 4k for 3 weeks in September, fantastico!!! Have you rented from them before? If so, what was your experience? Looks like they're a broker facilitating the rentals with other companies/individuals? Cheers.
I never rented from them before. I was just on their website while looking for rentals. Seems legit but could never be 100% sure.

Originally Posted by Larry Cable View Post
that you can track or not?

many (if not all) of the consumer rental car companies will either not insure, or specifically exclude you, from taking their car onto the Ring etc...
Not for tracking. I will be in Dland for few days and I'm just looking for an up and down but comfy car
Psup4s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:35 PM
  #60
Larry Cable
Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 16,535
Default

Originally Posted by Psup4s View Post
I never rented from them before. I was just on their website while looking for rentals. Seems legit but could never be 100% sure.



Not for tracking. I will be in Dland for few days and I'm just looking for an up and down but comfy car
checkout Sixt - they have some nice (and fast) cars
Larry Cable is offline  
Reply With Quote
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
MJones
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
12
11-14-2017 08:28 PM
GBX
993 Forum
2
03-22-2017 01:08 PM
GT3R-S
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
28
11-06-2016 02:03 AM
CYYZGuy
Rennlist Canada
22
06-07-2016 10:35 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: