Sponsored by:

Official: The new 991.2 GT3 RS!

Old 02-10-2018, 07:30 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by EST
This is how the front lip will look like:

Really love the look of new 3RS all around. I think it's my fav looking 991.

The.1's and 2rs looked a little bit too boxy for me.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:45 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

more ‚official‘ pics: https://www.motor1.com/news/232937/p...ied-free-camo/

will the configurator be online within this Friday?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:52 AM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
more ‚official‘ pics: https://www.motor1.com/news/232937/p...ied-free-camo/

will the configurator be online within this Friday?
I believe it's online after one week on 21.02.2018
Old 02-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

It looks like something is covered up on the side air intakes. There appear to be several horizontal lines on the black intake ducts? You can see it on the green car pictures as well. Also, it looks like the central rear brake light is much wider on the .2.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:42 PM
EST
Pro

Originally Posted by Loess
It looks like something is covered up on the side air intakes. There appear to be several horizontal lines on the black intake ducts? You can see it on the green car pictures as well. Also, it looks like the central rear brake light is much wider on the .2.
Do you mean covered up by snow?
Old 02-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

It's in front of the snow. Maybe they just haven't put the plastic or carbon cover on yet.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:33 PM
EST
Pro

Originally Posted by Loess
It's in front of the snow. Maybe they just haven't put the plastic or carbon cover on yet.
Saw that as well. I hope it,s covered up by tape and not the end result "some kind of side defuser"
Old 02-14-2018, 02:52 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by RRDnA
So everyone on here understands weave angle, filament length, ribbon width and lay down tension (and rate 1ms-1 vs 5 ms-1) Then one has to consider the epoxy type, injection/spray, layering and autoclave performance........This is not state of the art CF technology - its fine and fit for purpose but not special.

Honestly guys, when it comes to CF, Porsche aren't even fast followers.........................
LOL. excellent.
i been saying this long ago
as everyone is so fascinated with CF on p cars.
there are some REAL CF out there. but not on porsche body panels.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:02 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
unfortunatly it seemed like racing yellow.

mooty said he will not buy any more RS - if they clone the mango.
and because he is cycling and eating so healthy this would mean a customer loss for another potential 70 years. which translates into RS units with around 150 cars.
LOL, you should start ur comedy club ;-)

Originally Posted by Gravs
If the weave is exposed you have to have at least one layer of CF that is for visual appeal. This is generally not the same stuff/position that you would choose for strength so it's usually just an extra one shoved on to look pretty. Then they clearcoat it. So it's better to avoid this layer in general and then paint it. This is the case in the high end cycle industry where light weight is even more important. You do see race cars with exposed non-pretty carbon occasionally and I actually prefer it. Didn't lambo do one recently and had people whinging about finish?
and not just any paint. some paint are significantly lighter.....
CF is great, but it's not great EVERYWHERE.
the drop link and anti roll bar in CF... very sexy. but i am not sure that's CF's real strength is fully utilized.

while i am sure PAG engineers are smart bunch, i have a real question.
CF is weak on headon impact (say rock hitting hood for example, could lead to hairline crack, penetration crack etc). if canyon carving, a rock pops up and hit ur antiroll bar. that would be $ to replace no? i had such failure on chain stay of CF bikes. chainstay's position relative to pavement is similar to car's antiroll bar. a bike is moving at 40-50mph down hill. i am sure RS goes faster than that. i just deont want to keep paying for new sway bars....
Old 02-14-2018, 03:45 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EST
Saw that as well. I hope it,s covered up by tape and not the end result "some kind of side defuser"
That just looks like a piece of hard plastic trim with the air strakes molded in for the duct closeout similar to the GT2RS. Probably have carbon fiber or painted available as a regular or exclusive option.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
LOL, you should start ur comedy club ;-)

and not just any paint. some paint are significantly lighter.....
CF is great, but it's not great EVERYWHERE.
the drop link and anti roll bar in CF... very sexy. but i am not sure that's CF's real strength is fully utilized.

while i am sure PAG engineers are smart bunch, i have a real question.
CF is weak on headon impact (say rock hitting hood for example, could lead to hairline crack, penetration crack etc). if canyon carving, a rock pops up and hit ur antiroll bar. that would be $ to replace no? i had such failure on chain stay of CF bikes. chainstay's position relative to pavement is similar to car's antiroll bar. a bike is moving at 40-50mph down hill. i am sure RS goes faster than that. i just deont want to keep paying for new sway bars....
I wonder if the bar is a full carbon bar or a carbon bar with an aluminum insert for strength. My 3rd grade level engineering mind has a hard time believing carbon can hold up to the torsional twisting a sway bar endures in its lifetime.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:43 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
I wonder if the bar is a full carbon bar or a carbon bar with an aluminum insert for strength. My 3rd grade level engineering mind has a hard time believing carbon can hold up to the torsional twisting a sway bar endures in its lifetime.
batter change university Next time
Old 02-14-2018, 05:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
no WP for me at Sebring. They have a hard enough time as it is..
Old 02-14-2018, 06:02 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
batter change university Next time
you are an arsehole. but sometimes funny. and i guess correct if speaking against in this case.

5,5kg the drop links and anti roll bars do safe. i guess full carbon.

someone has pictures of the stabis? roll bar and links. how well they are covered in terms of packaging? how do they look ‚used‘? in my garage its too cold. peter mooty you have it warm. ��
Old 02-14-2018, 10:03 PM
hets72
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Another (maybe unwanted) reveal.... just downloaded UK's car magazine and what is there on page 125......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: The new 991.2 GT3 RS!