Sponsored by:

Official: The new 991.2 GT3 RS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 10:50 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I would love to have a AMG GT R or even better Black Series.
Renntech is working on fixing the brakes / brake cooling. I think if I roll into the local Mercedes Dealer with stuff broken, I wouldn't hear anything about track use because they haven't seen cars with track use. Plus I have a great relation already, only certain mechanics work on my CPO and old MB cars.
I'm not talking crap about the 2018RS, I will get a new one ASAP because I will run mine out of warranty soon enough, but if I cant get one, I'm stoked about the AMG plan B offerings. The GT R is priced around a GT3, so the Black series should be around the RS pricing.

Looked at one my local dealer had. MSRP was $209k, dealer ordered car, so it was all loaded up. Including lane assist and stop/go cruise control with collusion avoidance. They seem to be shooting for a different clientele. The green is a $10k option.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:17 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
U guys crack me up that think u should be able to swap a used version for a new and better version of the same car and come out close to money flat. I need a hit of what u r smoking. What planet does that exist on? Everyone has drank the "RS can't lose money" koolaid so much, I guess gravity just doesn't exist on planet RS.
so refreshing that we have a realist on RL still....
Old 02-08-2018, 11:46 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

U guys crack me up that think u should be able to swap a used version for a new and better version of the same car and come out close to money flat. I need a hit of what u r smoking. What planet does that exist on? Everyone has drank the "RS can't lose money" koolaid so much, I guess gravity just doesn't exist on planet RS.
Lol you re absolutely right
Old 02-08-2018, 11:55 PM
RRDnA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neanicu
" An RS is an RS "
Sure, fantastic car like the GT3 but it troubles me that they're limited by tire/wheel choice (brakes/off set/ RAS). MPSC2 or Trofeo R (at least over here). Personally, I believe Porsche need to address this and develop more wheel tire combos. They are fine if you are doing "track fun" or with in class racing with supp regs controlling tires but if you're in open class, its something else altogether.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:17 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Many drank the I bought a car to look at vs enjoy - it's been the theme for Ferrari owners and it's caught on to the RS.

Fact is if someone bought at msrp and feather dusted it - they are correct. It comes down to how many .2RS will be produced - simply look at history feather dusted RS in PTS is way above todays RS.1

GT2RS 4.0 - many others valued above todays comparison at msrp. and then move to the R even further above.

Comes down to supply and demand - RS demand is bigger than production then add in the collectors. All comes down to production below 1000 expect huge ADM.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:25 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

.1 RS value was based on misunderstanding of being last N.A. vs .6 .7GT3 / RSs
is not

give them time to wake up
Old 02-09-2018, 12:33 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
.1 RS value was based on misunderstanding of being last N.A. vs .6 .7GT3 / RSs
is not

give them time to wake up
Could not be further than the truth - that may be your base thought but it's not others.

RS value is based on it's competition - it's half the price and 90% as good of the competition and great looking with the best ergonomics around.

If I was wrong and you were right - their would not be ADM today on the .1RS ... maybe you should wake up if it's not the last it's damn close which if you read the owners posts it reflects they are more than fine with their .1RS.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 02-09-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:46 AM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

991.2RS configurator remains empty.
Cannot wait.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:51 AM
fxz
Race Car

^In EU you can find .1RS (from dealer) under MSRP
they don t do charity I guess
Old 02-09-2018, 02:34 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
...increasing its reserves to 513 hp at 8,250 rpm.

This is the highest power figure yet for a naturally aspirated road-going Porsche model ...
So... the Carrera GT wasn’t a “road-going” Porsche model now? Or did we just forget about that one?
Old 02-09-2018, 04:10 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
Looked at one my local dealer had. MSRP was $209k, dealer ordered car, so it was all loaded up. Including lane assist and stop/go cruise control with collusion avoidance. They seem to be shooting for a different clientele. The green is a $10k option.
beware of this kind of assistance.
some close the windows if going sideways.
some doing weired stuff during lane changes as soon activated and not using the indicator (but ok we are not BMW drivers )
auto braking if tailgating

Mercedes are good in it - if it comes down to limit the possibility of deactivation of all the nannies.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:17 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
^In EU you can find .1RS (from dealer) under MSRP
they don t do charity I guess
to be precise:
around 100 out of 230 offered .1RS are listed below MSRP at mobile.de (80% German offers)
some of them 20k€ below. meaning as soon arriving with cash money: 25-30k€ below.
this is a normal expansive ownership for a new car within its first and second year.
still a lot of $ per mile - when just doing 1.000km with it.
this are hot deals i have to say if you search now a drivers car.
this 230 offered units - will double as soon .2GT3RS arrives.
so i guess even better times will come for .1RS buyers.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:31 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

NEWS:

1)
there will be a WP package.
carbon front hood (like the non WP GT2RS) <- this is what i really like! WP package but no skunk!
carbon roof.
WP rims (looks like GT2RS WP rims)
(maybe more details)

2)
second launch color is high probably yellow with WP. (can´t decide if racing or signal. i guess racing)
with black rims.

3)
the 997.1 graphics are real and will come.

this is no speculation - i have seen it.
and thats all i know till now. before PM´s are bombing in again.

i´m looking forward to it!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:39 AM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by jo_ker
to be precise:
around 100 out of 230 offered .1RS are listed below MSRP at mobile.de (80% German offers)
some of them 20k€ below. meaning as soon arriving with cash money: 25-30k€ below.
this is a normal expansive ownership for a new car within its first and second year.
still a lot of $ per mile - when just doing 1.000km with it.
this are hot deals i have to say if you search now a drivers car.
this 230 offered units - will double as soon .2GT3RS arrives.
so i guess even better times will come for .1RS buyers.
Yes
Old 02-09-2018, 04:41 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker

carbon front hood (like the non WP GT2RS) <- this is what i really like! WP package but no skunk!
But the hood on the 991.1 GT3 RS is carbon.
Is the hood on 991.2 GT3 RS metal as standard and carbon with WP?

Quick Reply: Official: The new 991.2 GT3 RS!