Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Official: The new 991.2 GT3 RS! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1046897-official-the-new-991-2-gt3-rs.html)

Dr.Bill 02-08-2018 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Waxer (Post 14784891)
On track .2GT3 > only if .1RS on older rubber otherwise <.

Actually, it seems they are very similar with no clear winner:
http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/juctgf11jikk

The new RS will, of course, be faster.

Porschmich 02-08-2018 11:44 AM

Now I see why no greens are offered in the standard GT3 line besides P.S. Saved it for the RS. I think if the so so response for the RS continues they might try to use the color as a need for us to step up.
I have a Touring coming and chose chalk and would not want the in your face colors that look great on the RS. Will have to wait and see if I get an allocation for the RS. Would be hard to turn down
but love the no wing and MT.

Buteo 02-08-2018 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by RRDnA (Post 14785688)

In Porsche land, the car that has currently got my goldfish like attention is the next GT4, with this NA engine and say 450HP (less than the 991.1 GT3) it will be very special. Idle speculation.

I cant see Porsche giving the GT4 a 65 HP bump. Realistically, the next GT4 will be 400-420, with my gut telling me 405hp.

AND I’m not convinced it will be the 4L. As a 2019/2020 car emissions will play a much larger role than a 2018 GT3.

With that said, I hope I’m wrong.

ilko 02-08-2018 01:24 PM

Hmm, where have I seen this color before I wonder?

Oh, I remember! On a competitor's car that's readily available to be purchased at MSRP and no shenanigans attached:

https://car-images.bauersecure.com/p...amg-gtr-08.jpg

:D

But, this new RS is one tasty looking vegetable! Dare I say, the best looking 991 so far. The facelift GT3 styling is so much better than the first gen. And especially on this new RS. Love the rear bumper, well done Porsche! Too bad it only comes with an automatic gearbox again.

It's funny, all the 991-1 owners seem to be talking crap about this car. And that's understandable. Sour grapes. But I would love this car just for the new engine. Not because it ONLY has 20hp more, but so far it has NOT blown up! You guys can keep your time bombs :p

But I'm sure Porsche and their dealer network will make you pay dearly for it with the ugly games they've been playing of late. So, thanks, but no thanks. If I were in the market for a $200K steed, I'd be buying a 570S or a AMG GTR.

Yippiekiaye 02-08-2018 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by ilko (Post 14786744)
It's funny, all the 991-1 owners seem to be talking crap about this car. And that's understandable. Sour grapes. But I would love this car just for the new engine. Not because it ONLY has 20hp more, but so far it has NOT blown up! You guys can keep your time bombs :p

But I'm sure Porsche and their dealer network will make you pay dearly for it with the ugly games they've been playing of late. So, thanks, but no thanks. If I were in the market for a $200K steed, I'd be buying a 570S or a AMG GTR.

I dont know that anyone is talking crap about the car. I think what everyone is saying is that its an incremental update to the car and not worth a massive amount to change. If I can swap my .1 for a .2 with little to no money out of pocket, I do it. But is it worth 30-50k extra? I guess if you have money coming out of your ears, why not.

The .2 is a "better" car. No argument from me. But at what cost and what benefit?

GrantG 02-08-2018 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by aamersa (Post 14783624)
When should we expect the AP interview? I make my decision after listening to him explaining the improvements.

Then you better have your checkbook at the ready. AP has never done one of these introductory interviews that wasn't very convincing ;)

TRAKCAR 02-08-2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ilko (Post 14786744)
Hmm, where have I seen this color before I wonder?

Oh, I remember! On a competitor's car that's readily available to be purchased at MSRP and no shenanigans attached:

:D

But, this new RS is one tasty looking vegetable! Dare I say, the best looking 991 so far. The facelift GT3 styling is so much better than the first gen. And especially on this new RS. Love the rear bumper, well done Porsche! Too bad it only comes with an automatic gearbox again.

I would love to have a AMG GT R or even better Black Series.
Renntech is working on fixing the brakes / brake cooling. I think if I roll into the local Mercedes Dealer with stuff broken, I wouldn't hear anything about track use because they haven't seen cars with track use. Plus I have a great relation already, only certain mechanics work on my CPO and old MB cars.
I'm not talking crap about the 2018RS, I will get a new one ASAP because I will run mine out of warranty soon enough, but if I cant get one, I'm stoked about the AMG plan B offerings. The GT R is priced around a GT3, so the Black series should be around the RS pricing.

Jrtaylor9 02-08-2018 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I dont know that anyone is talking crap about the car. I think what everyone is saying is that its an incremental update to the car and not worth a massive amount to change. If I can swap my .1 for a .2 with little to no money out of pocket, I do it. But is it worth 30-50k extra? I guess if you have money coming out of your ears, why not.

The .2 is a "better" car. No argument from me. But at what cost and what benefit?

U guys crack me up that think u should be able to swap a used version for a new and better version of the same car and come out close to money flat. I need a hit of what u r smoking. What planet does that exist on? Everyone has drank the "RS can't lose money" koolaid so much, I guess gravity just doesn't exist on planet RS.

Jrtaylor9 02-08-2018 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by ilko

But, this new RS is one tasty looking vegetable! Dare I say, the best looking 991 so far. The facelift GT3 styling is so much better than the first gen. And especially on this new RS. Love the rear bumper, well done Porsche!

Agree^^^

Waxer 02-08-2018 04:25 PM

Both cars are stellar. We’re talking about incremental improvements over an already epic machine. Again when we say “better” here we are talking whatever this “better” means over something that was outstanding and there was nothing wrong with to begin with. These “improvements“ in question amount to nothing but bench racing.

Also it is very likely you can get out of .1 RS with little or no money in making a change to a.2 RS if you can get an allocation at MSRP while the majority have to pay very steep ADMs. If you are lucky enough to get an MSRP allocation for a .2 this scenario is very likely as high ADMs on the .2RS will buoy if not increase values of the .1 RS.

My read on it.

NateOZ 02-08-2018 06:59 PM

My only issue is I won't be able to get one. Thinking about offering up my PTS 991.1 RS for an MSRP trade, I buy a Panny Turbo Hybrid and get an MSRP .2 RS. Kind of a 2 for 1 with some margin left for them . But will see how the stock market performs as ADMs might be shrinking at the moment...

evilfij 02-08-2018 07:05 PM

Anyone get an ADM quotes yet?

neanicu 02-08-2018 08:22 PM

" An RS is an RS "

NateOZ 02-08-2018 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by evilfij (Post 14787508)
Anyone get an ADM quotes yet?

$150k was the ask in December, dealer just trying to build a book I suspect and start buying off other dealers.

carcommander 02-08-2018 09:53 PM

Wow. That's a non starter for me.