Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Official: The new 991.2 GT3 RS! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1046897-official-the-new-991-2-gt3-rs.html)

Zlaatan 02-06-2018 10:16 PM

Reading this thread makes it sound as if people were expecting it to be a mid-engined V10 convertible or something.. Hasn't the RS version always been pretty much exactly like this car in relation to it's GT3 little brother?

Ascend 02-06-2018 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mvez (Post 14782837)
.2RS will be faster than the Manthey car. They will be running similar spring rates, more aero, more midrange hp/torque, and stickier tires, which will make the biggest difference. I honestly expect the .2RS to run sub 7, or damn close to it.

I don't think it will run sub 7. Maybe 7 minutes and 1 digit range? My guess 7:06

Maverick787 02-06-2018 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Raghu (Post 14782832)
I think this conversation is so redundant. It may be best to bring your own 991.1 RS, 991.2 GT3 and 991.2 RS to the track and race them against each other. I think we will realize very quickly that the limits of driver ability will be tested much earlier than the limit of any one of these three vehicles. I have seen drivers (who know what they are doing) driving a Miata beat GT4's and the same drivers (the ones who know what they are doing) in GT4's beat ones in GT3's and GT3RS's. None of these cars are going to have their limits tested on ordinary roads either. So what is the purpose of being so nit-picky about what engine is used in a cup car. I don't care what creditable presenters say about mid range torque or whatever or how power is delivered. True power is delivered by my right foot attached to the gas pedal and if I know what I am doing then I can produce great results and enjoy it. As they say "It is the Indian and not the arrow", no pun intended. It is insane to say that you felt something was lost while driving the 991.1 RS If you truly felt that then you probably need a few training sessions at least in the cockpit or lack racing talent to the point that you should not even venture anywhere close to a track.
When my MT .2 GT3 shows up in March I will test it out myself and enjoy it and my .1 RS thoroughly.
Kind regards,

amen well said.

orthojoe 02-06-2018 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mech33
I heard a rumor that Sonnen isn’t really honoring the list... there is basically the “skip the line” price, and the MSRP line.

Any SA should be able to pull up all active allocations in the system as time goes on, so ask them to show you the list at some point, and if there are more than 2........

If I end up with no allocation that would confirm it too. Lol

Oldmxnut 02-06-2018 11:41 PM

I think this conversation is so redundant. It may be best to bring your own 991.1 RS, 991.2 GT3 and 991.2 RS to the track and race them against each other. I think we will realize very quickly that the limits of driver ability will be tested much earlier than the limit of any one of these three vehicles. I have seen drivers (who know what they are doing) driving a Miata beat GT4's and the same drivers (the ones who know what they are doing) in GT4's beat ones in GT3's and GT3RS's. None of these cars are going to have their limits tested on ordinary roads either. So what is the purpose of being so nit-picky about what engine is used in a cup car. I don't care what creditable presenters say about mid range torque or whatever or how power is delivered. True power is delivered by my right foot attached to the gas pedal and if I know what I am doing then I can produce great results and enjoy it. As they say "It is the Indian and not the arrow", no pun intended. It is insane to say that you felt something was lost while driving the 991.1 RS If you truly felt that then you probably need a few training sessions at least in the cockpit or lack racing talent to the point that you should not even venture anywhere close to a track.
When my MT .2 GT3 shows up in March I will test it out myself and enjoy it and my .1 RS thoroughly.
Kind regards,

+ 1 .. gen 1, gen 2. GT3, touring and RS.... Small differences for which really only provide a more extended range of choice for things such as color, looks, options, sans wing or manuals etc, but I cant think of single aspect (maybe manual if not comfortable) which would create a discernible performance outcome for 90% of GT owners. Yes different experience, sound, ride etc which will be noticeable, but extracting a performance difference is a different kettle of fish.

That said, I like this lizard green look... bright and bold and suits the RS look.

nuvolari612 02-06-2018 11:45 PM

Kind regards,

Not so sure that's fair game every luxury item can vs something far less expensive. It's just a matter of the guy stroking a check justifying his purchase.

Tell someone that it's limited and their want goes up the last one they want it more - Porsche is selling way more than performance.
On track there are pros novice etc. anyone willing to take their car to 8/10ths or past in a street car will spin because that's the only way to find it's limit and that's the last guy I want to be sharing a track with in a street car.

My point is people want what they want for many reasons but wanting the fastest street car for the track should call their friendly life insurance agent if their wife already hasn't :)

goin2drt 02-06-2018 11:48 PM

Kind regards,

yeah but then there would be no forums. It is all that gets talked about OVER AND OVER again. Pull up the last three GT iterations. It is the exact same comments and complaints.

ipse dixit 02-06-2018 11:52 PM

Kind regards,

Originally Posted by goin2drt (Post 14783005)

yeah but then there would be no forums. It is all that gets talked about OVER AND OVER again. Pull up the last three GT iterations. It is the exact same comments and complaints.

I think even Sisyphus would've tired by now.

dark knight 02-07-2018 01:32 AM

any idea of the colors available ?

aamersa 02-07-2018 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by 96redLT4 (Post 14780590)
520 hp and 9K RPM....isn't that about what the 458 Italia had in 2011 or whenever it was introduced?

J

Italia was introduced in 2009 as a 2010 model. It had 9000 rpm, V8 and 562 or 570 hp depending on which unit you use.

Porsche has upped the hp by just 20 in the 991 generation on the gt3. The 997 4.0 RS had 500 and now this has 520.

GreenLantern 02-07-2018 03:48 AM

I'm in.

Will do Green with Weissach.

(And yes, I plan to keep my .1 in Lava Orange too.)

jo_ker 02-07-2018 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by GreenLantern (Post 14783308)
I'm in.

Will do Green with Weissach.

nomen est omen. :D

you are normally well informend. so Weissach will come? what it could contain?

everybody is writting not so impressed... based on the leaked details. like: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...ing_share=news for example.
this AP will not like. but P knows - if they will not bring something really new and better - that they will not be praised into heaven as used to. so there will come something. maybe chassis wise it will be a bomb. NOS sub7. etc. but something will come.
i trust in Weissach.

and PlanB is offering the 1to1 GT3 M/T box in the RS! :D
(joking)

jo_ker 02-07-2018 04:58 AM

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...s-leaked/37522

source: Rennlist :)

Gravs 02-07-2018 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by dark knight
any idea of the colors available ?

Good question. There are normally 2 launch colours.

996 red + blue
997.1 green + orange (plus black crossovers)
997.2 White + grey
991.1 orange + purple
991.2 green + ?

Kobalt 02-07-2018 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by jo_ker (Post 14783375)
everybody is writting not so impressed... based on the leaked details.
this AP will not like. but P knows - if they will not bring something really new and better.

They wont release an RS that is not better then the former RS. I believe that the combination of the new engine and a revised chassi probably is a killer combo. We will see...

That a side: I'd just be happy if 991.2 don't rubb... :)