Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 08:24 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Great website! Using keywords "manual" I only found 7 gt3 for sale though. Maybe wrong keywords but huge amount of pdk
There is a filter for transmission type. Use that. Also make sure you set it to nationwide.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:50 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
The Music is almost over for ADM
Is it really? Of course it will end EVENTUALLY, but it has been going strong since early 2017 and is still going. That's a long time.

Originally Posted by Drifting
depends

ADM is certainly over for winged GT3s. There will still be modest ADM for quite a while on Touring and RS.
I stand by my previous comment on the prior page. If you have a long standing relationship with your dealer and have purchased 19 new cars through them, with multiple trades, sure maybe you can get one at MSRP. This forum is not an accurate indicator of who wants to buy a new GT3. There are a LOT of people out there who just don't post on forums. As I said previously, just 2 weeks prior I called 8 dealers regarding a "base" winged GT3 sitting on their showroom floor. If I remember correctly, only 1 was a manual and the lowest ADM was $12K. The highest was $30K.

There were multiple people back in 2017 who claimed MSRP deals just like now. Funny when I reached out, nobody had them. I would have bought the car on the spot. But in the end I was forced to spend what was a base model Mercedes in markup to get the car I wanted. I have a feeling if I say "I'll buy an MSRP car right now (white winged GT3 PDK with some basic options)", all I'd hear are crickets while other threads continue spouting how many MSRP cars are still out there.

Have ADMs gone down? Yes. Are they gone? Nope.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:21 PM
trompazo
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am in Canada and just traded my 991.1 for a 991.2 GT3.

I looked at every car for sale in the country. There is about 20, all used with CPO. I could only fine one brand new one (Black 6 speed) but they said it was the owners car and he "may" take $50k over MSRP which I laughed at.

The best deal I could get in the country was a PDK Miami Blue with 2000 miles and CPO for $12k Canadian over MSRP (about $8500 USD). Now there is an Orange one listed that is slightly better deal, but none have come down to MSRP yet, but are dropping for sure. The 6 speeds are all asking $25K plus over MSRP but I don't see any moving.

Last edited by trompazo; 02-04-2019 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added info
Old 02-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
Is it really? Of course it will end EVENTUALLY, but it has been going strong since early 2017 and is still going. That's a long time.

I stand by my previous comment on the prior page. If you have a long standing relationship with your dealer and have purchased 19 new cars through them, with multiple trades, sure maybe you can get one at MSRP. This forum is not an accurate indicator of who wants to buy a new GT3. There are a LOT of people out there who just don't post on forums. As I said previously, just 2 weeks prior I called 8 dealers regarding a "base" winged GT3 sitting on their showroom floor. If I remember correctly, only 1 was a manual and the lowest ADM was $12K. The highest was $30K.

There were multiple people back in 2017 who claimed MSRP deals just like now. Funny when I reached out, nobody had them. I would have bought the car on the spot. But in the end I was forced to spend what was a base model Mercedes in markup to get the car I wanted. I have a feeling if I say "I'll buy an MSRP car right now (white winged GT3 PDK with some basic options)", all I'd hear are crickets while other threads continue spouting how many MSRP cars are still out there.

Have ADMs gone down? Yes. Are they gone? Nope.
Agree with Perimeter. Sure, we see people continue to ask for ADM but I don’t think many people are getting it.. We’ve seen too many recent examples sold at sticker or below.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:59 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Porsch
Agree with Perimeter. Sure, we see people continue to ask for ADM but I don’t think many people are getting it.. We’ve seen too many recent examples sold at sticker or below.
Suffice it to say, none of the 8 dealers I called offered anything close to MSRP. Lowest was $12K and that's after stating I would wire money immediately for MSRP.

This is the same story I heard a year ago. "MSRP deals are out there." Find me one then. There was one posted last week, which disappeared less than an hour later (to someone not on this forum from my memory).

I mean, it is too late since I have my car.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
Suffice it to say, none of the 8 dealers I called offered anything close to MSRP. Lowest was $12K and that's after stating I would wire money immediately for MSRP.

This is the same story I heard a year ago. "MSRP deals are out there." Find me one then. There was one posted last week, which disappeared less than an hour later (to someone not on this forum from my memory).

I mean, it is too late since I have my car.
Some of them have been posted right here on RL. I haven’t even been looking as I also have a GT3 already but I have not found them hard to find. Just go through the last several pages of the for sale forum and you will see some. And some were advertised in the thread on available GT3s in this forum, too.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

3rs purchased at MSRP here; no 918 vip. The lion-share have transacted at MSRP from long term and/or recent good Porsche customers. If u r calling around to 8 dealers, you are not what a dealer would define as one of their better clients. Just doesn't work that way. The call-8-dealer buyer is the ADM buyer. I don't mean that to be an insult; it's just how it works.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:37 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
3rs purchased at MSRP here; no 918 vip. The lion-share have transacted at MSRP from long term and/or recent good Porsche customers. If u r calling around to 8 dealers, you are not what a dealer would define as one of their better clients. Just doesn't work that way. The call-8-dealer buyer is the ADM buyer. I don't mean that to be an insult; it's just how it works.
No offense taken. That's exactly my point. If you have purchased multiple cars, then of course you might be able to find a deal. But as a first time buyer of the Porsche brand, how else do you proceed? When I bought mine, I did the same thing. I also went to 3 dealers near to me, one of which was 5 minutes from me. Stressed many times I wanted to make a deal and form a relationship, do all my service there, purchase additional vehicles, etc. No dice.

During a service at the SAME dealer I bought my car, they offered a Touring to me for $35K over "for you" because I was a good/prior customer. This was less than a month ago.

Originally Posted by Porsch
Some of them have been posted right here on RL. I haven’t even been looking as I also have a GT3 already but I have not found them hard to find. Just go through the last several pages of the for sale forum and you will see some. And some were advertised in the thread on available GT3s in this forum, too.
Back when I was shopping, I heard the same thing. Ultimately reaching out/calling to several of them, the cars were NOT available for MSRP. I view this forum multiple times a day and any that are posted (I've seen maybe 2 or 3 in the last several months), are already gone by the time I view the thread.

I know I'm not going to convince anyone otherwise. This is my first Porsche so I don't expect to get any deals. But to say that they're available to anyone is just not true.

I'll just leave it at that.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I agree. First time buyer of Porsche is a HARD, HARD sell to get a GT product at list. So we agree. On same hand, that's how it should work. Brand and dealer loyalty should trump ADM; and at good dealers it does.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:05 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Is ADM over yet?
Old 02-28-2019, 11:31 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Is ADM over yet?
nope, my dealer just sold a PTS touring with 500 miles for 30k over a 203k MSRP... car is a green metallic.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:35 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 724 Posts

There's still a lot of people willing to pay extra, not going anywhere as long as interest rates are low.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:05 PM
kash101
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

wonder how ADM is doing now.. still there or dying down... ?
Old 03-12-2019, 02:31 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

[QUOTE=kash101;15698612]wonder how ADM is doing now.. still there or dying down... ?[/QUOTE

Last trade that I referenced above, was delivered this past Saturday.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:01 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
In my experience you can’t trust what is shown on web sites. Including PCNA.

When shopping for cars (in the past - not currently looking for GT3 or anything else) I have called on cars listed as available to discover they sold. This happened to me more times than I can count when I was hoping to buy a GT4 (before I got my very late build slot).

The dealers leave cars on web sites to create traffic. People are drawn in and call about a car and that creates the opportunity for a savvy dealer to possibly sell another car. Maybe not all dealers do this - but my local dealer is pretty bad about updating info online. And they are great people and I have a great relationship and am treated very well by them (and vice versa) - but computer tasks don’t seem to be high on their list.

You don’t really know until you call and confirm and even that means you must speak to someone knowledgeable.
There are some dealerships which place a note against each car encouraging potential buyers to call to check for car availability. If you go to a Toyota web site, chances are that $20K Corolla on their web site will be there nearly 100% of the time, not so true with $200K+ Porsches.

Quick Reply: Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?