Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?

Old 02-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Yup agree ^^^^^^. The guys at Hennessy are pretty good and they don’t do list ...they know who there top guys are. I got my first GT3 from them for MSRP.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:32 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Been sitting for over a month if anyone is looking.
https://hennessyporsche.com/inventor...+White+1657777
$200k for standard brakes, PDK, and basic interior? The 991.1 is the deal of the century, by comparison. With the money saved you can buy a dedicated open wheel track car.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:41 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 561 Posts

In my experience you can’t trust what is shown on web sites. Including PCNA.

When shopping for cars (in the past - not currently looking for GT3 or anything else) I have called on cars listed as available to discover they sold. This happened to me more times than I can count when I was hoping to buy a GT4 (before I got my very late build slot).

The dealers leave cars on web sites to create traffic. People are drawn in and call about a car and that creates the opportunity for a savvy dealer to possibly sell another car. Maybe not all dealers do this - but my local dealer is pretty bad about updating info online. And they are great people and I have a great relationship and am treated very well by them (and vice versa) - but computer tasks don’t seem to be high on their list.

You don’t really know until you call and confirm and even that means you must speak to someone knowledgeable.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro

$200k for standard brakes, PDK, and basic interior? The 991.1 is the deal of the century, by comparison. With the money saved you can buy a dedicated open wheel track car.
‘crazy I know but some are willing to be the new guy on the block saying here look at what I got. More power to them ..........clearly the .1 was the deal of the century. I will sit back and watch how it all shakes out .......late this year you will have many cars to choose if you’re ok being the second owner that someone made a garage queen and full wrap. (:
Old 02-04-2018, 12:54 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787

‘crazy I know but some are willing to be the new guy on the block saying here look at what I got. More power to them ..........clearly the .1 was the deal of the century. I will sit back and watch how it all shakes out .......late this year you will have many cars to choose if you’re ok being the second owner that someone made a garage queen and full wrap. (:
Yeah, if people see the value...go for it. With no new GT3’s coming and possibly the end of NA for now, a lightly used 991.2 should hold value pretty well. But then again, most likely so will the 991.1’s at this point. We’ll see how things shake out. Hard to predict today, let alone tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2018, 02:47 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ding Ding Ding, or the saved money can be used to hire a car transport and fly to tracks across the U,S. and drive it. I hope to exercise this concept and meet up with rennlisters along the way.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Agree completely. In another thread I suggested that a big reason for not trading my 991.1 for a .2 was that it would cost me $50-60K for a minor performance gain. Given the ADM's on many of the 2018's it seems I was way off on my estimate. No offense intended to anyone, but just on principle I would never pay a $20K premium for a car, much less $50K.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Agree completely. In another thread I suggested that a big reason for not trading my 991.1 for a .2 was that it would cost me $50-60K for a minor performance gain. Given the ADM's on many of the 2018's it seems I was way off on my estimate. No offense intended to anyone, but just on principle I would never pay a $20K premium for a car, much less $50K.
And besides a year from now another gotta have it will be out.Same old cycle something better next year.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:43 PM
nedgu
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm from the sf bay area. The livermore and carlsen gt3s (both chalk and manuals) have been sitting around for over a month. I've been periodically checking on them out of curiosity.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:05 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with Robmypro, I think once everyone learns how hard its going to be to get ANY GT3 the 991.1s are going to firm up too. When I was working my deal to trade in my car(GTS-50th) I was willing to wait on a 19 if I had to. Had I done that, I might have not even got an allocation. So I am lucky I found what I got. But IF you are a buyer and live in a smaller area I did find dealers that were still saying they were selling their GT3s AT MSRP but only to local buyers. I remember talking to several upper midwest dealers who said they had allocations and were selling at MSRP. This was before Christmas. I wonder if thats changed with the 19 rumored to no longer going to be made, and all the other issues that were happening.
But based on everything thats going on with the 992 coming and the next gen GT3 being turbo'd I dont think its going to be same thing next year with something better, because there might not be anything available next year.
I just talked to my SA yesterday and he was saying they were firming up their last allocation(s) and that is in SoCal.
BTW Carlsen always tries to get Top dollar on ALL their cars, so I can see them sitting on their cars till they get what they want. Mooty knows about Carlsen. I bought my 2nd GT3 from them years ago.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:30 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Its funny how when the 991.1 came out - the conversation was "why would I trade my 997 to a bigger, wider, non-manual car, the 997 is the last manual car".

Fast forward, now the 991.1 is the car to have because the 991.2's have markups and we need to quantify that to justify not buying one. But hey, the manual is back!

Buy the car that gives you the most enjoyment, stop trying to quantify everything, or none of these cars make any sense logically (we are talking about $100k and up sports car after all).
Old 02-05-2018, 11:22 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by nedgu
I'm from the sf bay area. The livermore and carlsen gt3s (both chalk and manuals) have been sitting around for over a month. I've been periodically checking on them out of curiosity.
Yup. And if you notice, they are basically identical specs. But one is listed at $40K over and the other $25K haha.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by carz80am
there's a couple in the for sale section and plenty on ebay with adm that are not selling
Here is one on consignment since the holidays from a local acquaintance.... same car I posted on this thread before. It's a $164,950 msrp. He's selling it because he has a PTS Mint Green GT3.2 on order.... personally I would have kept this SB but to each his own. Plus in person I think the GT3.2 is already quite stunning in Sapphire!

Old 02-05-2018, 11:43 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I agree with Robmypro, I think once everyone learns how hard its going to be to get ANY GT3 the 991.1s are going to firm up too.

When I was working my deal to trade in my car(GTS-50th) I was willing to wait on a 19 if I had to. Had I done that, I might have not even got an allocation. So I am lucky I found what I got.

But IF you are a buyer and live in a smaller area I did find dealers that were still saying they were selling their GT3s AT MSRP but only to local buyers. I remember talking to several upper midwest dealers who said they had allocations and were selling at MSRP. This was before Christmas. I wonder if thats changed with the 19 rumored to no longer going to be made, and all the other issues that were happening.

But based on everything thats going on with the 992 coming and the next gen GT3 being turbo'd I dont think its going to be same thing next year with something better, because there might not be anything available next year.

I just talked to my SA yesterday and he was saying they were firming up their last allocation(s) and that is in SoCal.
BTW Carlsen always tries to get Top dollar on ALL their cars, so I can see them sitting on their cars till they get what they want.

Mooty knows about Carlsen. I bought my 2nd GT3 from them years ago.
FIFY.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Its funny how when the 991.1 came out - the conversation was "why would I trade my 997 to a bigger, wider, non-manual car, the 997 is the last manual car".

Fast forward, now the 991.1 is the car to have because the 991.2's have markups and we need to quantify that to justify not buying one. But hey, the manual is back!

Buy the car that gives you the most enjoyment, stop trying to quantify everything, or none of these cars make any sense logically (we are talking about $100k and up sports car after all).
Since I didn't have a 997 GT3 I wasn't forced to make that decision when I bought my 991.1, but if I did have one I would have had to think long and hard about the value of "upgrading". In any event, I wouldn't have felt right about paying a premium for a 991.1 and I got mine at MSRP.

It is a personal decision though, and you make a good point about not trying to rationalize the purchase of a sports car for this kind of money. The thing is, I suspect I'm not the only person who has to draw the line somewhere though it may be in a different place than where you draw yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?