Sponsored by:

So Many Porsche Events...So Little Time

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:04 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts
Default So Many Porsche Events...So Little Time

So between Smokies 2018, Porsche Parade 2018, Rennsport Reunion 2018, possible European delivery, and monthly track events, my calendar is getting filled to the brim with Porsche events. I really don't want to risk my marriage by overdoing it this year. For those of you have been to these events, which ones do you recommend the most? I live in OKC so Parade is only 5 hrs from me this year which is a selling factor. Everything else is quite far from me. I am leaning heavily towards trailering a car to the Smokies event in April as I love that part of the country and the idea of a smaller GT focused group is pretty enticing. Last year we were in Germany and made it to Stuttgart which was awesome, so my wife is totally on board with Euro delivery if we can swing it (ie depending on the GT3RS allocation/build/ED status). Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 01-30-2018, 09:34 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

delete

Last edited by ExMB; 01-30-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:30 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Smokies with the wife gets my vote but have not been to the others.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:37 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

Smokies 2018 - Indeed East Coast's best roads
Porsche Parade 2018 - not my cuppa tea
Rennsport Reunion 2018 - & Monterey in August are a lot of fun, so much variety, bring the wife too, good weather, great restaurants if you book ahead
European delivery - a no brainer that should enhance the marriage

Good luck, I too had to dial back the car trips and save the 'ol marriage.

Choose wisely my friend.

Last edited by Bruce R; 01-30-2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: edit
Old 01-30-2018, 10:58 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts

thanks for the info guys. i have an amazing wife who comes to most of my track days and really enjoys hanging with my P car buddies. i married way above my lot in life four sure!

we've also got trips to ireland and tuscany planned for this summer which will fulfill most of her interests. that being said, she still claims our meal at Christophorus in Stuttgart last summer was one of the best meals she has ever had, and she can't wait to go back for a Euro delivery.

i think we will likely do the smokies as we can also make a stop on the way back and visit our old stomping grounds in nashville. it sounds like rennsport could be a great trip to fly out to and just hang out and eat and drink well for a few days.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrett
thanks for the info guys. i have an amazing wife who comes to most of my track days and really enjoys hanging with my P car buddies. i married way above my lot in life four sure!

we've also got trips to ireland and tuscany planned for this summer which will fulfill most of her interests. that being said, she still claims our meal at Christophorus in Stuttgart last summer was one of the best meals she has ever had, and she can't wait to go back for a Euro delivery.

i think we will likely do the smokies as we can also make a stop on the way back and visit our old stomping grounds in nashville. it sounds like rennsport could be a great trip to fly out to and just hang out and eat and drink well for a few days.
funny, my wife said the exact same thing!

and... I highly recommend Rennsport
Old 02-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

1. Smokies - Great cars with outstanding people
2. Euro delivery - I've done it 3 times and all were fun.
3. Rennsport - On my short list
Old 02-01-2018, 06:35 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

The key, is to make your significant other think that Porsche events ARE family events

Leipzig delivery: "honey, quality time with my brother who I otherwise don't get to see. This is family time"

Continuation of European delivery in June during honeymoon after mountain passes have opened: "babe, do you know how many girls would die to rent a nice sports car and drive around the Italian and French Riviera for their honeymoon?.. you should be grateful"

Smokies: "honey, I'm basically just flying to atlanta to visit family, May take a short drive up to the mountains but mostly family time"

Rennsport Reunion: "but sweetheart, I'm just a few miles away down the coast, this is just a networking opportunity, basically a work retreat, do you know how many potential investors are there?"

Goodwood Festival of Speed.. Villa d'este concourse, Pebble Beach, back for Goodwood revival.... ok, I got nothing.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:56 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Smokies!
Old 02-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
The key, is to make your significant other think that Porsche events ARE family events

Leipzig delivery: "honey, quality time with my brother who I otherwise don't get to see. This is family time"

Continuation of European delivery in June during honeymoon after mountain passes have opened: "babe, do you know how many girls would die to rent a nice sports car and drive around the Italian and French Riviera for their honeymoon?.. you should be grateful"

Smokies: "honey, I'm basically just flying to atlanta to visit family, May take a short drive up to the mountains but mostly family time"

Rennsport Reunion: "but sweetheart, I'm just a few miles away down the coast, this is just a networking opportunity, basically a work retreat, do you know how many potential investors are there?"

Goodwood Festival of Speed.. Villa d'este concourse, Pebble Beach, back for Goodwood revival.... ok, I got nothing.
Goodwood: Learn how to be a proper British gentleman
Villa D'Este: Get more in touch w/ Italian roots.
Pebble Beach: Taking care of health due to clean air by the coast.

Quick Reply: So Many Porsche Events...So Little Time