Sponsored by:

My Riviera blue has finally arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OG911
What specs you got on your car ? are you in Sydney?
Yes. Mine hasn’t arrived yet. White with a full bag of interior (red stitching etc) and exterior options excl PCCB. I had 18 ways on my Gen 1 but did LWB’s this time. I ticked too many options but you might as well enjoy it once you start to spend these kind of dollars.

Love your Riv Blue, I asked for PTS but no go. You must be tight with....is it Tim Gulson?

Old 02-01-2018, 01:21 PM
OG911
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macduc

Yes. Mine hasn’t arrived yet. White with a full bag of interior (red stitching etc) and exterior options excl PCCB. I had 18 ways on my Gen 1 but did LWB’s this time. I ticked too many options but you might as well enjoy it once you start to spend these kind of dollars.

Love your Riv Blue, I asked for PTS but no go. You must be tight with....is it Tim Gulson?

White with red stitching will look fantastic. I had a Carerra S 991 for 4 years, I loved looking at it every day. Never got bored with the colour. I also have a Cayenne GTSin jet black that I am keeping as a DD. It’s Graham Gulson, he is a good man. I have been dealing with him since 2010 and the GT3 is my third Porsche with him. Will look forward to see pictures of your car. What color wheels ? Roll cage ?
Old 02-02-2018, 05:33 AM
OG911
Instructor

Old 02-09-2018, 09:19 AM
OG911
Instructor

Collection day is tomorrow. One more sleep! My Porsche dealer sent me this in preparation for the big day
Old 02-09-2018, 11:11 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Sick color - simply stunning.. This may be my favorite color i have seen to date. Enjoy in good health!
Old 02-10-2018, 02:49 AM
OG911
Instructor

Default Delivery day

I got the car delivered today.

First impressions,
Below 3000 RPM it felt like my old 991.1 Carrera S.
To appreciate the PDK gears changes this has to be done manually and you feel how explosive it is. The car has to be revved higher than 4000 to 5000 RPM. I will take it easy until i do 2000 Km
I am so glad that i chose fixed bucket seats. They are definitely comfortable, hugs you well and sits low. Makes you feel part of the car. I would have ruined the spirit of the car if i have chosen the comfy seats
I can't believe how civilised the car is. I thought a GT3 would be very rough/stiff uncomfortable but honestly if you leave PDK doing its own thing with out revving the engine it will change gears smoothly even less aggressively than my old Carrera with sport plus chosen. Can't believe it.
Steel brakes are so impressive way better than the carrera brakes.
Black wheels look good in person. There is satin look to them. I have never owned a car with black k wheels and don't like the look of having no demarcation between tire and rims but they look good in person

Regrets,
I don't know if i made the right choice with red seatbelts and red stitching with red seat stripe. all windows are tinted so looking at the car from outside there is no significant clash but sitting inside makes me wonder if i should have chosen the silver interior with silver seat belt.

I like the red marker on the steering wheel which made me go with red stitching and red seat belt to start of with and also to match the red callipers

I am pretty sure i will get used to the blue exterior and all the red highlights on the inside

Will post more pictures
Old 02-10-2018, 03:49 AM
OG911
Instructor

Default Delivery day!

Home sweet home

This is the best gift ever! it fitted in the car boot!

More presents from Porsche! love the bottle cooler

I got the car delivered today.

First impressions,
Below 3000 RPM it felt like my old 991.1 Carrera S.
To appreciate the PDK gears changes this has to be done manually and you feel how explosive it is. The car has to be revved higher than 4000 to 5000 RPM. I will take it easy until i do 2000 Km
I am so glad that i chose fixed bucket seats. They are definitely comfortable, hugs you well and sits low. Makes you feel part of the car. I would have ruined the spirit of the car if i have chosen the comfy seats
I can't believe how civilised the car is. I thought a GT3 would be very rough/stiff uncomfortable but honestly if you leave PDK doing its own thing with out revving the engine it will change gears smoothly even less aggressively than my old Carrera with sport plus chosen. Can't believe it.
Steel brakes are so impressive way better than the carrera brakes.
Black wheels look good in person. There is satin look to them. I have never owned a car with black k wheels and don't like the look of having no demarcation between tire and rims but they look good in person

Regrets,
I don't know if i made the right choice with red seatbelts and red stitching with red seat stripe. all windows are tinted so looking at the car from outside there is no significant clash but sitting inside makes me wonder if i should have chosen the silver interior with silver seat belt.

I like the red marker on the steering wheel which made me go with red stitching and red seat belt to start of with and also to match the red callipers

I am pretty sure i will get used to the blue exterior and all the red highlights on the inside

Will post more pictures
Old 02-10-2018, 04:04 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Congrats! Superb color choice. Enjoy.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:21 AM
OG911
Instructor

New Key Pouch
Old 02-10-2018, 09:44 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats she is a beauty
Old 02-10-2018, 10:14 AM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

I think red stitching, red seatbelts, and red stripe look better than the Platinum option, but I am biased
Old 02-10-2018, 10:45 AM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=OG911;14790792]

Home sweet home

Awesome pics and love the big car - where did you get the little kid car from? My son would love this!
Old 02-10-2018, 01:25 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 58 Posts

You have the kid car accessory - how about a blue Riviera to go with the Riviera blue?

Old 02-10-2018, 01:51 PM
mig7410
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful color, enjoy.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OG911

White with red stitching will look fantastic. I had a Carerra S 991 for 4 years, I loved looking at it every day. Never got bored with the colour. I also have a Cayenne GTSin jet black that I am keeping as a DD. It’s Graham Gulson, he is a good man. I have been dealing with him since 2010 and the GT3 is my third Porsche with him. Will look forward to see pictures of your car. What color wheels ? Roll cage ?
My 991.1 GT3 was white with red and I loved it, plus I had a Saphire Blue Carrera S with red stitching before that which I loved. I’m keeping my Macan GTS as a DD!
I’ve got a few mates in the car game and they say Graham is a great guy. Ive spoken with him a few times chasing cars but never met him. No roll cage and platinum silver rims (is that the right term - not the standard silver, the ones like the 911R). I had gloss black on the GT3 .1 which were great but I wanted a change (plus the GTS Macan has the black). My .1 is for sale at South Sydney - great car for someone who missed the .2

Quick Reply: My Riviera blue has finally arrived!