Which PTS Color should I go with for my GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Sanjaghak
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Which PTS Color should I go with for my GT3

Hey good people of Rennlist,

With help of earth and skies and my dealer and salesman I eventually got a GT3 Allocation for toward the end of 2018.
And the best part it seems I can do PTS and CXX on it; and now I am deciding on the color and like to gather some Porsche enthusiast opinions.

These are what I am sure about my build: It will have a wing (No Touring for me), The LED headlights and Wheels will be Black and it will have Ceramic Brake (which means yellow calipers).
The interior will have a Deviated Decorative Stitching which can be Yellow, Red, Orange or Green (Of course you know).

And these are the exterior PTS options that I am considering right now:
  1. Signal Yellow
  2. Saffron Yellow (not sure if they will do it or not)
  3. Gulf Orange
  4. Pastel Orange
  5. Birch Green
  6. Acid Green
  7. Brewster Green
  8. Porsche Racing Green
My thinking is that if I go with either of oranges the stitching will be either yellow or orange (not sure), for the light greens I will do green stitching and for the dark greens I will do yellow stitching. I am thinking to keep the seat belts black.

And what do you think of CXX side black decal option. Do they worth it?

Please let me know what do you think. I will appreciate it.
Thanks,
Old 01-27-2018, 08:26 AM
BMWMB
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

There is a PTS order stop, unfortunately. I also contacted my dealer to change my order (production may), and he said the factory stopped with accepting PTS orders or changes.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:50 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Question. If you do get PTS are you choosing the winner of the poll or actually what you want?
Old 01-27-2018, 10:15 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Can you PTS saffron?
Old 01-27-2018, 10:48 AM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Question. If you do get PTS are you choosing the winner of the poll or actually what you want?
Yes are you going to spend your hard earned $200k based on what a bunch of random internet people think is for you and not what you think is for you? If not then this is a colossal waste of time. No value for anyone here including yourself.
​​​​​​.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:55 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Colors are so subjective. That list of colors is way too long; need to norrow down to only three you like. Only one of those in my top three would be Signal Yellow. But the moment I voted, for some reason chose Gulf Orange.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:47 PM
Sanjaghak
Advanced

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Originally Posted by NSD991

Yes are you going to spend your hard earned $200k based on what a bunch of random internet people think is for you and not what you think is for you? If not then this is a colossal waste of time. No value for anyone here including yourself.
​​​​​​.
Originally Posted by GT3
Colors are so subjective. That list of colors is way too long; need to norrow down to only three you like. Only one of those in my top three would be Signal Yellow. But the moment I voted, for some reason chose Gulf Orange.
I know that I want my GT3 to be either a Bold Yellow, Orange or Light Green color. And my current order or preference is Yellow, Light Green, Orange.

My main problem is that I never saw most of these colors and it is really hard to judge them bases on pictures and videos. In one picture they look great and in another one tjey are either too pale or too dark.

Also some colors went through significant changes true time. For example the Summer Yellow uaed to be this very pale very light yellow but this new one on GT3 looks almost like a bit lighter Signal Yellow. One the other hand the current Signal Yellow in the pictures looks more Orange tha ever.

That is the main reason that I opened this poll and topic so the people that saw this color in person can chime in.

You are probably right that I need to narrow the options down. Maybe I change the poll to Just varients of Yellow and Light Green that I am thinking about and hopefully the people that saw these colors can chime in.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:02 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Going by your preference. Sounds like a yellow should be your choice...
Old 01-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Sanjaghak
Advanced

Originally Posted by meaker
Going by your preference. Sounds like a yellow should be your choice...
To be honest right now I am %60 Yellow, %25 Light Green, %14 Orange and kind of %1 Dark metallic green.

The problem is which yellow: Speed Yellow, Signal Yellow, Summer Yellow or Saffron Yellow. Any Thoughts?
Old 01-27-2018, 07:51 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

I’ve always been a fan of Saffron Yellow Metallic, looks really special with winged GT cars. Good luck with your decision and congrats on securing an allocation.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:28 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanjaghak
To be honest right now I am %60 Yellow, %25 Light Green, %14 Orange and kind of %1 Dark metallic green.

The problem is which yellow: Speed Yellow, Signal Yellow, Summer Yellow or Saffron Yellow. Any Thoughts?
Signal Yellow > The rest above

Saffron is nice, but most metallic paints remind me of 1980’s 911 tubos.

I think GT3 and RS look better with non-metallic paints.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:40 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Good for you willing to go with a bolder color. Personally, I think a sports car such as a GT3 should be bold. I bet if you look at that list you probably know which color you want. Asking for opinions is ok (I've done it before on color), but at the end of the day it is what 'you' want. My avatar will give you some indication the way I lean, and I think Signal Yellow would be spectacular! Good luck!
Old 01-27-2018, 08:50 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Birch green looks amazing on a wingy.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:43 AM
Sanjaghak
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bardman
Birch green looks amazing on a wingy.
I know.
These yellow green porsche colors are the most confusing ones for me. Like how different are the Birch Green (253) , Acid Green ( 2M8) and Linden green (226). It is very hard to pick one over just pictures and videos.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:19 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

With all due respect on a PTS choice the last guys I would ask is this bunch on this forum ��!
Which tires, what kind of exhaust? YOU BET!
But color? Like everyone said color is an emotional choice and for that much $$$ it better float YOUR boat not ours or a poll

Quick Reply: Which PTS Color should I go with for my GT3