Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Gt3 registration in Germany not possible after Sep 2018

Old 01-21-2018, 12:48 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rezgui.rachid

yes but he has the info from the Porsche middle east office in Dubai. Their manager is German.
Originally Posted by GT3
Best bet is to contact the emissions regulation authority in Germany and ask about the upcoming changes. Everything else willl just be misinformation.
The above is the best advice you will get. Anything outside of that, particularly in a forum like Rennlist, is going to be dubious. The manager may be German, but that doesn't make him an authority, and anything you get at Rennlist is going to be hearsay heard from cleaning ladies. Call the German equivalent of the DMV or the car registration authority, give them all your specifics, and ask for their answer. THAT will be the answer closest to what is true. Anything else is gossip. Come to think of it, even if YOU came back to RL and reported on what you talked about, I would also take that with a grain of salt. LOL!
Old 01-23-2018, 02:47 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Keen to hear any updates on this as I might be in a similar position in a year of so moving to Europe.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:26 PM
hets72
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you check the possibility of a European Delivery to have the car registered - all European delivery cars get a plate/registration when driven around - I would call Porsche and the Emmissions Control Authority - might be a possibility that this can work for you....
Old 01-28-2018, 03:47 PM
RS911
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts

So on September 1st the 6c standards will come into place. Here is an interesting article about it:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/t...6c-112528.html
Old 01-28-2018, 05:31 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

"Afew years ago, manufacturers decided to fit their cars with smaller turbocharged engines instead of larger naturally aspirated units. This trend was named downsizing, and it was applied to all areas of automotive development.

Smaller engines brought less weight than traditional units, even with the added components for a turbocharger, while fuel economy was improved in theory.

Unfortunately, not all downsized engines were more efficient than their naturally aspirated counterparts. Sure, horsepower was increased, and torque has reached figures that were unattainable for the naturally aspirated units they replaced.

However, fuel economy was only improved for those that drove in an economical manner for each of their trips, and even that proved to be less efficient than some naturally aspirated gasoline engines.

Recently, a study has shown that downsized engines struggle to match real world economy and emissions figures of naturally aspirated units with a bigger capacity."

turbo engine helps manufacters offering more hp without the same investment needed by a naturally aspirated car (less car overall weight, more rpm, more precision in mechanical parts, more exotic metallurgy, etc. )

which translates turbo is just more brand profit that's it
Old 01-28-2018, 06:48 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rezgui.rachid
Hello,

I got a call from my SA today informing me that no GT3 will be registred in Germany after 1 sep 2018 due to emission regulations.
I know this is the US forum but wondered if someone could help with the following issue:
I am a German expat living in the UAE. I am planing to buy the car locally and after a few years when I return to Germany, I would like to take my GT3 with me.
As per my SA, I will not be able to register it which does not make sense to me.
Anyone knows how to solve this issue? Or direct me to the right people to contact?
Thank you.
I think what has been said to you is that you cannot have a 991.2 gt3 that never was registered, registered for the first time after 1 September 2018. What you would be doing is an importation of the car from UAE to Germany. Or you could just buy a used one. What Porsche is saying is that they can't have unregistered 991.2 gt3 after 1 September. If you come home after 1 September, you still can buy a new one, but you won't be able to spec it and it will already register, probably in the name of the dealership
Old 01-29-2018, 12:44 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

19% VAT? Shiver...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help: Gt3 registration in Germany not possible after Sep 2018