Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 GT3RS low mile $205K, and other values at Barrett Jackson

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 05:24 PM
Pro

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Right now the time frame is too short, there is no meaningful conclusion one can draw on pricing. The GT3 just came out and the .1 GT3RS is also sort of new.

It doesn't matter if the .1 GT3RS were made in enormous numbers. It is an RS, period, Porsche only put that name on really special cars and that name has been with Porsche for over 40 years.

A GT3 is just that, a GT3. Sort of special but not really and it only start appearing from the 996 generation onwards.

I have the current gen GT3 in manual. It is nice and holds it's value for about a year. Then it will continue down hill with no chance of getting back up like every other cars.

An RS will have it's ups and downs depending on the current financial climate, it will fall through the MSRP too but long term, RS is the one to get for holding values.

For performance, a .2 GT3 might be faster than the .1 GT3RS, but that's mostly due to newer tires. But a GT3 will never be as rewarding to drive on track than a GT3RS, especially the current ones with manual transmission. With the PDK in manual mode, it's the closest thing one can drive on track next to a proper Cup car.

Going through the gates is fun one the street, I enjoy that too, but on track where one wants to squeeze that last .1 second off somewhere, nothing beats a paddle shift car, that's why no current race cars from any manufacturers have a stick anymore.
well said, agreed.

Originally Posted by mooty
drive the cars
value is useless.
+1
Old 01-30-2018, 05:56 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Buying / selling at auction is a risk it is what it is.

My GT3RS - buyers top offer 220k slightly less on a trade and decided against selling and now starting to really love this car.

One must have connections to get the RS even more for PTS - driving the RS last weekend it's ergonomically perfect and damn close to my 458Speciale in performance looks are subjective but at almost half the price what a machine ... that is all

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3RS low mile $205K, and other values at Barrett Jackson