Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

https://kistudios.com/shop

some ideas ,

OP , opp's sorry didn't realize u were in Europe ,
Old 01-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts

My car is jet black metallic Touring ..with red calipers and belts...so bought 991R black rocker stripe with red Porsche logo from Sun coast. I think it will be a discrete tasteful enhancement.

Last edited by Overdraft; 01-14-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:41 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaizu
Considering simple ideas how to differentiate my upcoming white GT3 from all the similar ones at track events.
I think any aggressive or crazy looking wrapping/decals is best left for a Cup car or a RS, not for GT3.

Anyways, found and showed these pics to 2 friends, both thought they look awful - your views or have you done the same for your car?

P.S. I will have a simple spec, but it's a one I haven't found any pics of: White + Black Leds + Silver wheels. Any pics online
If you really want to differentiate yourself, don’t do stickers, stripes, Porsche script as that’s what everyone else is doing....
Old 01-14-2018, 01:50 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

I ordered this as CXX option. Having factory installed and included on my build's certificate of authenticity helps to offset the CXX upcharge (in my mind...) over alternate but equally effective installations.
I can change colours anytime and still maintain authenticity.

Just me, but adding 991 R top and hood stripes do not appeal to my sense of respect for the 991 R.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:18 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

^ Beautiful. PTS color?

One could also say those installing 911R stripes are simply paying homage to it. Porsche aficionados aren't going to be fooled which car is which.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:02 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
^ Beautiful. PTS color?

One could also say those installing 911R stripes are simply paying homage to it. Porsche aficionados aren't going to be fooled which car is which.
Colour is standard GBM. Not mine, it's a stock pic with stripes applied digitally after.
Shows a different characteristic of GBM that I really like.... but I imagine an HDR filter has been strongly applied to this digital image.
Touring I have ordered is the same but with black trim and silver wheels.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:03 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 244 Posts

Sorry I know they only come on the R. I'm trying to figure out whether the stickers coming out of the factory as especially thin. like the sticker for the porsche badge on the hood of the RS and the RS script on the back. Those are easy to wrap over.

I know aftermarket stripes will be standard vinyl and probably too thick to wrap over.

Originally Posted by manitou202
Porsche won't do the hood/roof stripes from the factory on GT3's. They will only do the side scripts but their prices are outrageous. You're much better off finding a local shop to do the work. I also would highly recommend putting the stripes on top of any PPF due to the visible gap that is created by the PPF transitioning off of the stripe onto the paint.

I love the look of the 911R stripes on the GT3. White cars are great because they are a clean palette and will look good with just about any color. The best advice I can give is either wait until the car is delivered or take a paint sample from you dealer to the shop who is going to install the stripes and make sure to see samples of the stripes in person in all kinds of light. They will always look different in person compared to your computer monitor.

Here are a couple of pictures on mine getting installed.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:15 PM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I like the stripes, and think that with a white car, a pop of color to differentiate yours is an outstanding idea. If that what you want, go for it. Color can match you calipers, or seat belt....
Old 01-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
I ordered this as CXX option. Having factory installed and included on my build's certificate of authenticity helps to offset the CXX upcharge (in my mind...) over alternate but equally effective installations.
I can change colours anytime and still maintain authenticity.
Looks good, still somewhat subtle in those colors. What is the price for this CXX option (i.e. just the door vinyl, not hood/roof R stripes)? TIA
Old 05-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 117 Posts

Considering simple ideas how to differentiate my upcoming white GT3 from all the similar ones at track events.
I think any aggressive or crazy looking wrapping/decals is best left for a Cup car or a RS, not for GT3.

Anyways, found and showed these pics to 2 friends, both thought they look awful - your views or have you done the same for your car?

P.S. I will have a simple spec, but it's a one I haven't found any pics of: White + Black Leds + Silver wheels. Any pics online?

Source: https://www.autogespot.com/porsche-9...kii/2017/12/26
striping looks fantastic on all “special” GT3’s and up ... do what makes your heart race when you look back at your car and can’t go wrong
Old 05-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Yep I'm loving lot more the green but am starting to think it's bit "R fakey" to put these on a GT3. Just can't wait for delivery and the season to begin!

Love this combo on the Touring
Old 05-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

Love this combo on the Touring
total tribute to the past heritage and the 911 R past and present ... only changing badges is completely offside
Old 05-04-2018, 06:52 PM
rsssss
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://i.imgur.com/D9HTcR3.jpg

I like mine...
Old 05-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I asked this on the R thread and it sounds like the stripes coming from the factory are thin enough to do PPF over, does anyone know if the aftermarket ones are as well?

also specifically for the touring model I haven't figured out where the stripe should stop on the tail given there is a gurney flap/strip on it now. do you think the stripe just stops at the gurney flap? or goes over?
Im doing centre stripes on mine and stoping at the gurney flap. Not going over. But i have defined the gurney flap black. Perhaps with it car coloured, stripe looks finished to go over and stop at lid edge.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

GT3 Touring

Quick Reply: R decals on a white 991.2 GT3