Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose vs Standard system

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 12:19 PM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

Received 261 Likes on 119 Posts

Ive read all the other threads about this and bottom line (just like threads on seat choices), different people are going to tell you different things based off their personal preferences. Here is mine:

I bought a .1gt3 with sound package plus and I thought the system was horrible and practically unlistenable. There was no bose available for the .1. I ended up going aftermarket. If you care about audio I think the Bose would be a good pick as it is a good price and not much of a weight penalty.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

I have the Bose in my .2 and it’s a substantial upgrade over the stock IMHO. When I’m not driving around revving the 4.0 to the moon, the Bose is very nice to have.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:29 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarhead32
Ive read all the other threads about this and bottom line (just like threads on seat choices), different people are going to tell you different things based off their personal preferences. Here is mine:

I bought a .1gt3 with sound package plus and I thought the system was horrible and practically unlistenable. There was no bose available for the .1. I ended up going aftermarket. If you care about audio I think the Bose would be a good pick as it is a good price and not much of a weight penalty.
I've been repeating this on every Bose thread. No one seems to want to listen and keeps saying the car is too loud, stock is good enough, blah blah blah. If you don't listen to music then don't get the Bose. If you do and care about sound quality then get it or go aftermarket. The standard system is inadequate for any kind of audio listening.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:38 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

I started one of the earlier threads and read all the conflicting opinions.

In the end, I added Bose. A year from now I won't be fretting about the extra money spent but if I'm driving to the track and find the stock system lacking, I'll regret not adding it. I've got no opportunity to go out and drive the car with and without to form my own opinion. Even with all else being equal, having a subwoofer has to make a difference. The fact that the car has less sound deadening and is generally louder and more unruly only makes a stronger case for this. Jeep puts a massive subwoofer in the Wrangler because the whole thing is an absolute disaster with respect to NVH. You need the sub just to be able to hear anything at all, regardless of quality, when the roof and doors are off.

So mine will have it. YMMV. There is a 0% chance that I'll do any aftermarket audio mods so I'm getting the upgrade and will never second guess it.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:52 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Again I’m sure the Bose is better . But for a standard sound system especially in a car like the GT3 it is adequate. It’s better than any of my Ferrari sound systems (except the JBL in my 488). It is definitely still usable and certainly does the job . It’s NOT a higher end quality sound system, however. Most of the time I’ll be using my car as a toy and listening to the engine anyways. It’s not a luxury car. I think the other options you chose were a good trade off . Everyone has their opinion but unless you are expecting a great sounding system I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Marto
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went for standard - background listening for general buzzing around and switched off when the pace picks up. My personal take is that it's never going to be an audiophile experience in a GT3, whatever brand of music system you fit and I have never heard anything from Bose do anything musically I would want to pay extra for.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:02 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marto
I went for standard - background listening for general buzzing around and switched off when the pace picks up. My personal take is that it's never going to be an audiophile experience in a GT3, whatever brand of music system you fit and I have never heard anything from Bose do anything musically I would want to pay extra for.
This !
Old 01-13-2018, 02:04 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

I have the sound system plus in my .1 and find it totally acceptable. But that doesn’t mean i won’t upgrade it at some point. But to my ears the sound system plus is fine. Not an audiophile.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:53 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Marto
+1

BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

Old 01-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I've had both and it's a tough call IMO. With a good source, the base system is okay, though it lacks depth without the sub. The BOSE definitely sounds better, but whether it's worth the price of the option is questionable. If the base system would have allowed me to avoid the wart, I would have gone with that. But it doesn't in the US, so I went BOSE.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:40 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

ok good. I passed on the Bose and other little goodies that add up like carbon fiber mirrors and interior package, stitching, wheel color selection , extended leather options etc etc to make up for

Irish green

Pccb’s
buckets
front axel lift
extended range
chrono
houndstooth inserts on full black leather interior (touring car)
steering column leather
headlight washers in exterior color
side stripes
carbon fiber shifter (manual)

didn’t want ant to exceed $185k. I’m right at it. So its a highly optioned “stripper”. LOL!!
Old 01-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

i was not going to rip out stuff in the future, or have someone add custom sterio stuff to this car, so i went with bose. Now my boat is loaded with wet sounds, etc etc and its very important to me to have that level of sound and power in my boat, but i was listening to radio today in the car. I just need to crank on some miles so i can get on it. either way you are going to be very happy
Old 01-13-2018, 05:07 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Look into upgraded front tweeters from Musicar. There is a group buy on the 991 Forum.
+1

I had the base Bose in my .2 Turbo S (which ironically is the upgrade Bose in the .2 GT3) and added these tweeters. Made a nice difference, a much brighter sound and worth the $$ IMO.

Link: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9665...r-upgrade.html

They will be going back into my Touring when it lands.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:15 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Any thoughts? The bose adds a fair amount of weightt. How does the standard system sound?
Bose is a complete waste of money imo.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I had the comparable non-bose system in my GT4, was not disappointed. Will be snowing here for a bit, so have a
couple more months before I can enjoy the GT3.

Quick Reply: Bose vs Standard system