Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 configuration - advice appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 10:38 PM
linusto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update. After all the pleading I did for the touring, I ended up ordering the winged GT3. What's really strange is that I never really wanted the winged version of the car. When I heard that Porsche was going to produce a Touring, I was elated. To me, the wing was unnecessary and overdone - of course, I understand its purpose but for me it was a visual negative and detracted from the beauty of the car. And as a result, I was set on getting the Touring - which became possible recently - but then, just prior to placing my order, I saw this winged GR GT3 at a dealership prepped for customer delivery. It was stunning. Here are a couple of pics of it:

Needless to say, I was just overcome by its beauty. Pics don't do it justice - as I'm sure many of you are aware. The combination of the colour GR and the wing gave the vehicle so much visual energy. It just looked like a thoroughbred to me. I finally began to understand some of the comments on this forum around a GT3 needing a wing. So, I ended up finalizing my order much differently than I had planned to. Having said that, I'm really glad Porsche is making both versions of the GT3 and they're both beautiful in their own special way. It's great for all of us to have choice. Here's my build:

Now the waiting begins. Thanks to all for the advice.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:17 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Wow! Those are gorgeous pictures. Could see how you were overcome with the wing.

The design of that wing is perfection, maybe the best wing ever on any sports car? And I love the subtle changes, like how the lower grille is higher, directly below the wing versus being lower on the 1. Only hope the large black plastic scoops will grow on me.

Congrats!
Old 01-21-2018, 12:57 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I liked your description of the wing/rear decklid/scoops adding visual energy, I think that descriptor hits the nail on the head in my opinion. The first time I saw the .2 in person I felt the same way regarding the wing and just the entire package. It's just an awesome looking car. Nice spec, I can tell you were influenced by the .2 you saw in person!!

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 configuration - advice appreciated