Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up in Zuffenhausen: Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 05:18 AM
Gonzogonzilla
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Picking up in Zuffenhausen: Advice?

I’ll be picking my GT3 up in Zuffenhausen. Anyone done this? I know I’ve got to tell them not to drill holes for the required Euro front plate. I’m also brining a roll of protective tape since I won’t be able to Xpel it until it’s delivered stateside. Anything else I should know about?
Old 01-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

I don't know if you've seen this forum:

European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center
Old 01-12-2018, 02:27 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzogonzilla
I’ll be picking my GT3 up in Zuffenhausen. Anyone done this? I know I’ve got to tell them not to drill holes for the required Euro front plate. I’m also brining a roll of protective tape since I won’t be able to Xpel it until it’s delivered stateside. Anything else I should know about?
When you sign all the paperwork from Jamie, there will be a place to check to skip the bumper drilling (almost everyone wants to avoid holes, so they expect that now). You'll have a great time. When is your collection date?
Old 01-12-2018, 03:38 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Bring a set of clear side markers to swap them out at day zero. (if you prefer the clear side markers). It takes about 1-2 minutes each side. Otherwise all your ED pictures will have the ugly orange ones on it. (opinion of course)

Make sure your luggage will fit in the car before you get on the plane. (borrow a car from a dealer and see if your luggage is good to go)

Don't forget to take and use your cab voucher.

Depending on your route, write down all the Porsche dealer's phone numbers and addresses along the way (in advance). If you rip a tire, the local garage wont have a replacement tire. Porsche offers roadside assistance over there but you need to tell them where to flat bed it to if the worst thing happens.

Pack a simple plug kit for an emergency.

I didn't think zuffenhausen was open for pickup yet because of the Mission E expansion. When are you picking up your car?

I've done two EDs. One from Leipzig and the other from Stuttgart. I made a video of the process. It's no Nick Murray quality but it gets the job done.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Gonzogonzilla
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks.

I locked in today. I'll be picking the car up in June, just in time to drive over to a fairly famous race in France. Afterwards, and this is just to make sure that they're sending quality product back to N. America, we're going to the Champagne region, Burgundy, and the Mosel Valley. Oh, and a couple of laps around the Nordschleife without totaling out the GT3. Don't hate me.

That's the plan. Wish us luck.

Cheers,
Old 01-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Use Launch Control as exit

Quick Reply: Picking up in Zuffenhausen: Advice?