Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Available (maybe) Classic Grey GT3 manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 09:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I have never left a deposit on a Porsche I have ordered and evemn the first one I ordered back in 2006 They also accept Personal checks.

I bought a used 2015 BMW 550i AWD today from a BMW dealership and I went to write them a check for $10,000 because they were offering .9% for 24 months so I financed the rest and they would not accept a Personal check. I was surprised but may be I should not of been. So, I had the money wired and even then had to sit and wait until they received the money- PIA
Old 01-11-2018, 09:22 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Wow. That's a full-on hippo sized bloated build!
PTS and PCCBs add $22k alone. Bloated? Not really if you subtract those two options.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:32 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Yeah. Should have black wheels and yellow or grey interior stitching. Definitely not red! Painted vents? Some screw ups here.
Agree with you on the red stitching — ugh (same with yellow). Gray/Silver, Yes!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:37 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Agree with you on the red stitching — ugh (same with yellow). Gray/Silver, Yes!

Agreed!!
Old 01-11-2018, 11:42 PM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Someone correct me. If you order a car, particularly a GT car, you leave a hefty deposit. Once the car is built to your specs, that deposit becomes non-refundable. If you back out after the build is locked, the build that is specific to you, so say goodbye to your deposit. That's reasonable to me. So, now, the original buyer backed out after the build, the dealer has the deposit in their pocket, and they still want ADM?? If so, that is just downright greedy. Unless this whole "buyer backed out" is more BS from the dealer.
I correct you. You are wrong.

I heavily spec'd a GT3 w customized door sill plates, only put $5k down, am V200, with an April delivery date. If $h!t hit the fan, I could back out, not even blink about the $5k already spent (it's been out of my account for months), and the dealer would be sitting on a beautifully spec'd CXX GT car. $5k is no ADM, and probably covers flooring costs for the first month it sits there?

Also, at least in my state, CA, either they are legally required to refund your deposit, or most dealers don't feel like the negativity is worth it (though I can't believe that- I feel like if they could keep it, they would). I have personally seen refunds happen at a BMW dealer, and have heard stories of others backing out and getting it back.

Last edited by 8enny8lack; 01-11-2018 at 11:51 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-12-2018, 01:13 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Someone correct me. If you order a car, particularly a GT car, you leave a hefty deposit. Once the car is built to your specs, that deposit becomes non-refundable. If you back out after the build is locked, the build that is specific to you, so say goodbye to your deposit. That's reasonable to me. So, now, the original buyer backed out after the build, the dealer has the deposit in their pocket, and they still want ADM?? If so, that is just downright greedy. Unless this whole "buyer backed out" is more BS from the dealer.
Originally Posted by 8enny8lack

I heavily spec'd a GT3 w customized door sill plates, only put $5k down, am V200, with an April delivery date. If $h!t hit the fan, I could back out, not even blink about the $5k already spent (it's been out of my account for months), and the dealer would be sitting on a beautifully spec'd CXX GT car. $5k is no ADM, and probably covers flooring costs for the first month it sits there?

Also, at least in my state, CA, either they are legally required to refund your deposit, or most dealers don't feel like the negativity is worth it (though I can't believe that- I feel like if they could keep it, they would). I have personally seen refunds happen at a BMW dealer, and have heard stories of others backing out and getting it back.
Yeah, it can be state-specific. Here in CA, people say legally dealers must issue refunds on deposits. But I haven't actually seen that in writing, in any P.C. Code or law/legislation. Would love to know where it's stated.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:56 AM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Yeah, it can be state-specific. Here in CA, people say legally dealers must issue refunds on deposits. But I haven't actually seen that in writing, in any P.C. Code or law/legislation. Would love to know where it's stated.

Great username- im a big tool fan.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:34 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams955
I wouldn't be surprised if it has been told a lot.

However - I do have a relationship with this dealer as it is my home dealership. I do know the SA well and he would have no reason to tell a lie to me as I am not a buyer for the car.

With that to say; if I were a dealer ordering a dealer stock car I think I'd order something that appeals more to the masses than something extremely high-spec that is very one-off in its build. Wouldn't you? Then again, who knows. Park Place has a habit of ordering crazy PTS cars for dealer stock. Honestly though - this wasn't a dealer order. I'd like to see it in person when it arrives. My car is up there getting an alignment, picking it up next week. Maybe I can stall picking it up until this guy arrives...

- Chris.
Originally Posted by STG
Do you know how many times that story has been told??

Will the real Slim Shady stand up who ordered this?? Better chance being offered an MSRP deal walking through the door at Auto Gallery and telling them your name is Martin USC Trojan.
We sure do keep hearing that same old story of "the buyer just backed out"...I thought this was a hot car hence the big ADMs, right? What am I missing here? Or is it that maybe some of these real buyers who did indeed back out wanted to flip for big $$$ but realized the ADMs aren't there so why bother OR was it that they realized the car had no back seats or was too low? As for Auto Gallery, I might be banned from stepping foot in there. haha
Old 01-12-2018, 04:58 AM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
We sure do keep hearing that same old story of "the buyer just backed out"...I thought this was a hot car hence the big ADMs, right? What am I missing here? Or is it that maybe some of these real buyers who did indeed back out wanted to flip for big $$$ but realized the ADMs aren't there so why bother OR was it that they realized the car had no back seats or was too low? As for Auto Gallery, I might be banned from stepping foot in there. haha

For me, I may have to back out if I can't come up with enough money in time! It was now or never for me ordering one of these, but the financial timing isn't great. Honestly, if I could have waited another 6-12 mo, I would be fully confident in my ability to purchase, but as it stands, timing and the build slot my dealer would give me, it comes like 5 days before I can sell a large chunk of stock. I just finished building a house a few months ago, and I still don't have a landscaped backyard, but priorities are priorities

So If the timing doesn't work out, I may have to back out, and there will be another car on here that people won't believe was spec'd by a potential customer

Also, some people don't have the attention span to wait for their special toy car to get scheduled, built, and shipped. I went to my dealer last June- if all goes well I'll have my car 10 months later. In CA, that's a lot of missed opportunities to go for pleasure drives, take the wife (or whomever) to fancy dinners, and race nerds in lame cars (only to the speed limit, or on racetracks, of course One might be tempted to just run out and buy a used RS, or GT3, or *gasp* some other amazing sports car between $147-$200k... Not me, of course...
Old 01-12-2018, 08:56 AM
mn-0127
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to the sales guy there. They wants MSRP for my .2 guards red PDk and 25k over for their car firm. He did mentioned that they have many buyers )from the 9 sales reps) who are willing to pay 10-15k over. Doesn’t seem like a fair deal so ill just keep my PDK for now. Might trade that in for .1RS
Old 01-12-2018, 09:16 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
What you conveyed is correct. There are Speculators that leave deposits now years in advance to get these cars. A bunch are backing out because this is not the last Manual or NA engine and they can not steal from those like they thought. Some Dealers did get duped thinking they were serious buyers. No defending any one here because I am also sure this is being used where that was not the case
Old 01-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

LOL. So, let me see. I ordered and insisted a PTS violet car, purple stitching, yellow seatbelts, carbon fiber everywhere, CC brakes, plus other options to drum up the cost to over 200K. It shows up at the dealership, and I say "Yuck, it's the most horrible combo I could have come up with, but I didn't think so at the time, so I want my deposit back", that would be OK? I always knew something was wrong with California. . No wonder they charge such high ADM's on desirable cars.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:34 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Great username- im a big tool fan.
Yup, my fav!
Old 01-12-2018, 01:41 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE

PTS and PCCBs add $22k alone. Bloated? Not really if you subtract those two options.
I've noticed "bloated" is the new RL trendy word used by those with low-spec builds to describe anything over 180k (regardless of the actual spec).
Old 01-12-2018, 03:10 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I've noticed "bloated" is the new RL trendy word used by those with low-spec builds to describe anything over 180k (regardless of the actual spec).
I just think the reality is sinking in that these cars are regularly seeing north of $30-40k in options which wasn't the norm before... I thought my spec was bloated at $164k lol

Quick Reply: Available (maybe) Classic Grey GT3 manual