Sponsored by:

Available (maybe) Classic Grey GT3 manual

Old 01-11-2018, 05:15 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

It is on the "secret" PTS list.

Eduardo will flame me for calling it that, but you can get it through PTS, its just not on the list.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:18 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Wow a lot of these high spec cars coming available
Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Wow. That's a full-on hippo sized bloated build!
That wasn't a dealer order; it was a order car that the buyer backed out on. I was offered the car too as I am looking to pick up a second manual car so I can own both versions. I laughed when I saw the build. I want a stripper manual build.

Super cool car though; it will certainly be special to someone who does purchase it.

- Chris.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij

Eduardo will flame me for calling it that, but you can get it through PTS, its just not on the list.

Oh geez. Now a secret, German wink wink list?? Lol.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
$25k over.

Red deviated stitching with grey exterior with yellow calipers?
Black LEDs with standard wheels?

I'm too OCD for this world.Attachment 1274319

Yeah. Should have black wheels and yellow or grey interior stitching. Definitely not red! Painted vents? Some screw ups here.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:25 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Oh dam. I got Park Place (MSRP) confused. Bought my GTS through Park Place. Great buying experience there.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Hams955
Pro

Originally Posted by STG
Yeah. Should have black wheels and yellow interior stitching. Painted vents? Some screw ups here.
That's why almost no GT3's are alike. What you think it should have clearly wasn't what the original purchaser wanted. Quite possible the original person who ordered it intended to install aftermarket wheels on it. If so, why spend the extra $1200 to spec black wheels when they're coming off? - Just a thought.

Also on yellow stitching - I tried to get it on my car but wasn't open for order when my car was built. Possible this was the same for this car.

- Chris.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Hams955
That's why almost no GT3's are alike. What you think it should have clearly wasn't what the original purchaser wanted.
None are alike?? You gotta be kidding??

Correction, dealer who spec'd it

Original interior. Clean look. I would have tried to duplicate. I'll leave that to the CXX experts.

Name:  photo885.jpg
Views: 1704
Size:  428.7 KB
Old 01-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Hams955
Pro

Originally Posted by STG
None are alike?? You gotta be kidding??

Correction, dealer who spec'd it
Nothing to correct sir. Almost no GT3's are spec'd alike.

This was NOT a dealer spec'd car. It was an order car that the buyer backed out. I can confirm this as it is my home dealer and was there yesterday with my car and visited about purchasing it.

- Chris.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts

That wasn't a dealer order; it was a order car that the buyer backed out on. I was offered the car too as I am looking to pick up a second manual car so I can own both versions. I laughed when I saw the build. I want a stripper manual build.

Super cool car though; it will certainly be special to someone who does purchase it.

- Chris.
Someone correct me. If you order a car, particularly a GT car, you leave a hefty deposit. Once the car is built to your specs, that deposit becomes non-refundable. If you back out after the build is locked, the build that is specific to you, so say goodbye to your deposit. That's reasonable to me. So, now, the original buyer backed out after the build, the dealer has the deposit in their pocket, and they still want ADM?? If so, that is just downright greedy. Unless this whole "buyer backed out" is more BS from the dealer.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:35 PM
STG
Race Director

Nothing to correct sir. Almost no GT3's are spec'd alike.

This was NOT a dealer spec'd car. It was an order car that the buyer backed out. I can confirm this as it is my home dealer and was there yesterday with my car and visited about purchasing it.

- Chris.

Do you know how many times that story has been told??

Will the real Slim Shady stand up who ordered this?? Better chance being offered an MSRP deal walking through the door at Auto Gallery and telling them your name is Martin USC Trojan.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:35 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij

Is Club Blau on this secret list you speak of?
Old 01-11-2018, 05:36 PM
STG
Race Director

Many dealers in many states cannot hold the deposit per state laws.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Hams955
Pro

Originally Posted by STG
Do you know how many times that story has been told??

Will the real Slim Shady stand up who ordered this?? Better chance being offered an MSRP deal walking through the door at Auto Gallery and telling them your name is Martin USC Trojan.
I wouldn't be surprised if it has been told a lot.

However - I do have a relationship with this dealer as it is my home dealership. I do know the SA well and he would have no reason to tell a lie to me as I am not a buyer for the car.

With that to say; if I were a dealer ordering a dealer stock car I think I'd order something that appeals more to the masses than something extremely high-spec that is very one-off in its build. Wouldn't you? Then again, who knows. Park Place has a habit of ordering crazy PTS cars for dealer stock. Honestly though - this wasn't a dealer order. I'd like to see it in person when it arrives. My car is up there getting an alignment, picking it up next week. Maybe I can stall picking it up until this guy arrives...

- Chris.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Hams955
Pro

Originally Posted by Palting
Someone correct me. If you order a car, particularly a GT car, you leave a hefty deposit. Once the car is built to your specs, that deposit becomes non-refundable. If you back out after the build is locked, the build that is specific to you, so say goodbye to your deposit. That's reasonable to me. So, now, the original buyer backed out after the build, the dealer has the deposit in their pocket, and they still want ADM?? If so, that is just downright greedy. Unless this whole "buyer backed out" is more BS from the dealer.
Seems greedy to hold a deposit and then try and ADM the car after the buyer backs out. But then again, it's an Autonation point. Sadly this seems to be their operating mantra. Even their shop labor rates/parts prices are higher than other Porsche points in the market.

I paid a $5K non-refundable on my car. I paid MSRP like many others. Happy about that.

I'm sure they will move the car - does make you wonder if they will move it at the $25K ADM tacked on or not. I suspect it moves for somewhere less. At least, I hope so for the buyer.

- Chris.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Available (maybe) Classic Grey GT3 manual