Available (maybe) Classic Grey GT3 manual - Page 5 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Available (maybe) Classic Grey GT3 manual

Old 01-12-2018, 03:24 PM
SamFromTX
Addict
Rennlist Member

A guy ordered a Miami Blue TTS and when it arrived, didn't take it as he hated the color in person. I have/had a sapphire blue Targa4GTS that I specc'd and it arrives/arrived this month and I backed out a couple of weeks ago for personal reasons. Not only that but to get it, they had to give up a TTS allocation to get the GTS as they didn't have one. Not defending anyone, just saying those things happen.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:27 PM
FourT6and2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino View Post
I just think the reality is sinking in that these cars are regularly seeing north of $30-40k in options which wasn't the norm before... I thought my spec was bloated at $164k lol
Mine is definitely bloated. But I'm ok with it It's my car (or will be), so why wouldn't I spec it how I want?
Old 01-12-2018, 03:31 PM
ExMB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamFromTX View Post
A guy ordered a Miami Blue TTS and when it arrived, didn't take it as he hated the color in person. I have/had a sapphire blue Targa4GTS that I specc'd and it arrives/arrived this month and I backed out a couple of weeks ago for personal reasons. Not only that but to get it, they had to give up a TTS allocation to get the GTS as they didn't have one. Not defending anyone, just saying those things happen.
Are they still getting you the GT3 in your sig?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:37 PM
SamFromTX
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB View Post
Are they still getting you the GT3 in your sig?
Most definite. Waiting on PAG to accept the CXX
Old 01-12-2018, 05:35 PM
63A 981510
Addict
Rennlist Member

My 2 cents: All those considering Sport Classic Grey, I will warn you it is extremely similar to Chalk/Crayon Grey. Only difference is Chalk is slightly warmer tint (like Fashion Grey, but lighter) versus SCG which has a cooler tint.

Here is my SCG parked next to a Chalk 718 Cayman:

IMHO, not sure if it is worth the $12k PTS premium... When I ordered my PTS SCG 981 Spyder, Chalk/Crayon was not available, so it made sense for me. If Chalk was available back then, like it is now I don't think I would have specced SCG. Don't get me wrong, SCG a beautiful grey, but it's way too close to Chalk.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:50 PM
STG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chalk has nothing on Sport Classic Grey. Chalk = yuck.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:10 PM
63A 981510
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG View Post
Chalk has nothing on Sport Classic Grey. Chalk = yuck.
Shhhh... you are foiling my plan to sway others from ordering it!

No in all seriousness, 95% of people that see the two colors in isolation would think they were the same thing.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:26 PM
FourT6and2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chalk looks good, but I think the warmer tone gives it a hint of old-man khaki pants color haha...

But I think it also is close to some military colors you might find on a jet, which is cool. Same for sport classic, so they're both nice.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:53 PM
8enny8lack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Palting View Post
LOL. So, let me see. I ordered and insisted a PTS violet car, purple stitching, yellow seatbelts, carbon fiber everywhere, CC brakes, plus other options to drum up the cost to over 200K. It shows up at the dealership, and I say "Yuck, it's the most horrible combo I could have come up with, but I didn't think so at the time, so I want my deposit back", that would be OK? I always knew something was wrong with California. . No wonder they charge such high ADM's on desirable cars.
iíd totally buy that car.

and, in reality, that is exactly what will happen. So it sits there a couple months, no big deal, and they could always ask for adm... nothing wrong w CA, that $h!t works, no one is a$$ed out, and everyone gets a car except the lame that passed on it to begin w. I honestly donít understand your perspective
Old 01-12-2018, 07:58 PM
8enny8lack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 63A 981510 View Post
My 2 cents: All those considering Sport Classic Grey, I will warn you it is extremely similar to Chalk/Crayon Grey. Only difference is Chalk is slightly warmer tint (like Fashion Grey, but lighter) versus SCG which has a cooler tint.

Here is my SCG parked next to a Chalk 718 Cayman:

IMHO, not sure if it is worth the $12k PTS premium... When I ordered my PTS SCG 981 Spyder, Chalk/Crayon was not available, so it made sense for me. If Chalk was available back then, like it is now I don't think I would have specced SCG. Don't get me wrong, SCG a beautiful grey, but it's way too close to Chalk.
i agree- itís not worth the extra 8k, but I didnít order mine in those colors

mostly I was just worried people wouldnít see it when driving and be more likely to hit me. Itís urban camo to me, when I see it going down the road, it just disappears... stealthy as hell tho
Old 01-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Oldmxnut
Addict
Rennlist Member

I ended up chalk as sport classic and fashion where too close to justify paying a PTS premium for either. Used the saved $ to do the interior.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:56 AM
Jimmy-D
Super User

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut View Post
I ended up chalk as sport classic and fashion where too close to justify paying a PTS premium for either. Used the saved $ to do the interior.
​​​​​​​Totally agree
Old 01-13-2018, 09:17 AM
mn-0127
User

I ended up working out a deal with dealer. Going to pick it up today
Old 01-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Jmorski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just noticed this thread, got a call last week about the sport classic grey one, got a text today about the red .2 pdk from my sales guy.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:33 PM
sampelligrino
Addict
Rennlist Member

Awesome, looking forward to the pictures!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Available (maybe) Classic Grey GT3 manual

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: