Sponsored by:

For those doing ED or PEC

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 11:59 AM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
Also curious if PEC would bypass California DMV registration stuff and smog testing if buying from out of state
If you intend on registering the car in California, all Cal DMV requirements still apply.
If you are going to register it in the state of purchase, there are no additional California requirements.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:02 PM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by Slip

I’m doing ED at the end of May and have reached out to SchwabenFolia re getting the vehicle wrapped but can’t get a response. Would be interested to hear back from anyone that’s used them.
They require payment in cash. The prices change from what was quoted on a daily basis. Once I reminded them what I was quoted, that's what I was charged. After not being able to obtain a receipt after numerous requests, I had the home office intercede, which got me a receipt for a different model of Porsche. The home office set it right.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:04 PM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by Dalema
Quick question - if you do PEC delivery in LA, do you get track time - or is it just a lunch and tour? SA is telling me no track time.
No track time in personal cars. You can rent a like car to yours.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:44 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by otisdog
No track time in personal cars. You can rent a like car to yours.
Ah - okay. I thought driving one of their cars may have been part of the deal. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:23 AM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

If you intend on registering the car in California, all Cal DMV requirements still apply.
If you are going to register it in the state of purchase, there are no additional California requirements.
what im wondering is if I can avoid having to go to a
smog shop for a smog test and dmv for in person registration and car check. I know I have to abide by all Taxifornia rules unfortunately
Old 01-13-2018, 02:37 AM
Gesler
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

No, I had to get it smogged. Bought it from out of state dealer, had to go get the vin verified in person also. DMV was surprisingly efficient and painless to deal with.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Slip
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 21 Posts

They require payment in cash. The prices change from what was quoted on a daily basis. Once I reminded them what I was quoted, that's what I was charged. After not being able to obtain a receipt after numerous requests, I had the home office intercede, which got me a receipt for a different model of Porsche. The home office set it right.
Thanks for the heads up, noted.

Quick Reply: For those doing ED or PEC