Sponsored by:

PEC - Atlanta pick-up

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:12 PM
mjgoetzi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PEC - Atlanta pick-up

Questions to those that have taken delivery, and then shipped their car home. PCNA says no pick-ups allowed directly at the Experience Center, and thereby appears to force you to use their recommended third party forwarder located a few miles away.

PCNA sends you to International Freight Forwarders USA - which itself appears to be a broker, or liaison to C.A.R. Transportation.

Anyone with any experience or words of wisdom here?

(April ETA...Can not wait!)
Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm on the form I filled in for Atlanta PEC delivery there was a tick box for "I will not drive my car after delivery, and will arrange for transportation of my vehicle"

I assumed this meant I could arrange whoever to pick it up. I actually didnt tick either of the boxes because I havent decided yet (early March delivery)
Old 01-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Gesler
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I went through international freight forwarders. The drop off location is less than 2 miles from the PEC and one of their staff drove over to lead me to the warehouse. Car was ultimately delivered by Plycar. Not sure if the price was high or on par for something like this but the other transporters I contacted couldn't guarantee I can drop it off that evening, and I literally had only a 30 min window to drop it off. It worked out great and they were able to time the delivery to my convenience as well.

The car will be parked in the PEC basement garage for you to drive off at the end of the track session, and you can't load up the car there.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:38 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

I was quoted an unacceptably high price from the recommended company, so I opted to have a third party pick up my car going through a broker that I work with. I simply had to coordinate with the truck driver for him to meet me in the parking lot immediately adjacent to PEC. I drove my car the 500 feet or so off PEC premises. You need to have your insurance in place before they release the car to you.

Hope that helps.
Vivian
Old 01-08-2018, 09:10 PM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 50 Posts

My experience was the same as Vivian's. I used a carrier with an enclosed two car trailer towed by a large pickup truck. Same pickup 500 yds off PEC premises. PM me for the details of the carrier if that would be helpful. Cost was reasonable and service first rate.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:49 PM
mjgoetzi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all. Their quote wasn't too off market. And I guess you pay for convenience. I am not sure how much of a time window I will have.

Quick Reply: PEC - Atlanta pick-up